• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

9 minutes ago, mlooney said:

It's afternoon and we got up early this morning.  Explorer that Cat is giving me a gentle hint that I should go back to bed and read there, not on the workstation like I have been.

As soon as I got back in bed she stretched, then came up to lay down on my chest in between me and the computer on my lap.  She really was trying to get me back in bed. 

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

As soon as I got back in bed she stretched, then came up to lay down on my chest in between me and the computer on my lap.  She really was trying to get me back in bed. 

Such a sweet and gentle kitty. She so loves her daddy.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Such a sweet and gentle kitty. She so loves her daddy.

Yeah she does,  She hangs out with me in the living room until about noon, when she wants me to start reading in bed so she can hang out either on my chest, next to me or on my knees for the rest of the day and most of the night.

12 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If I am reading that look correctly, she seems to be making some sort of demand

"I am in this box"
"I want to be in that box"
"Why is there junk in that box?"

Actually that is her "I was sleeping human, why you wake me up to flash lights in my face?" look.  Even when it's empty she hasn't tried to get into the box with junk in it, it's a bit small for her, which is why it's my junk box for the bedroom.  Anything bigger gets used by Explorer the Cat.  The big one at the foot of the bed and the medium one are sleeping spots and the smaller one is for daytime sitting.  It's also where the catnip gets put but that doesn't seem to be important now.

8 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Mrs. Prof put in a Facebook friend request so that she can follow the chronicles of EtC. I hope you'll grant her access.

I saw it and I did grant her access.  I don't post quite as many to Facebook as I do here, but I do post at least daily.

Explorer the Cat in mid bolt.  Got her as she was making a turn.  It's hard to get a good photo of a cat that running around.DSC_4454.jpg

Despite jumping up on the table at full speed, Explorer the Cat managed to not knock any thing off the table.  She very rarely does knock any thing off.

DSC_4457.jpg

24 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Despite jumping up on the table at full speed, Explorer the Cat managed to not knock any thing off the table.  She very rarely does knock any thing off.

That makes it really hard to tell her to knock it off. You can be sure she will refuse to pay attention.

6 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

That makes it really hard to tell her to knock it off. You can be sure she will refuse to pay attention.

Bad puns aside, normally she respects a firmly said "Stop that" if she's doing something that I want her to stop.  Granted that doesn't happen very often and it's normally because she has gotten more physical in her play with me than I want at the time.  Of she's started using claws in her play, where "Ouch" may be used as part of the instructions to stop doing something.

I can safely assume that Explorer the Cat is over running around the house as she has taken her "I'm taking a long rest or maybe a nap" position on top of the bookcase.  Assuming she doesn't want to bother The Human on the computer desk, once she gets on that box on the bookcase, she stays there for quite a while.  Like until she or The Human decide to go back to the bed room to read in bed.

DSC_4462.jpg

I hope I am not violating any TOC by posting this for Mrs. Prof, but she has asked and I have promised. Please delete if not appropriate: please give if otherwise.

I know that times are tough for everyone. This COVID 19 pandemic has hit everyone in the pocket book, including Garland Pawsibilities. The Pet Adoption Center (PAC) was closed in response to the Shelter-at-Home order. Although the PAC is run by the city, it is the volunteers who make the place operate! There are still expenses that Garland Pawsibilities have (monthly insurance, for one) and there are no adoptions happening (well, I actually got three adopted out - more than I have ever done, but for free). So, no funds coming in.

Without Garland Pawsibilities, there is no TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return) program. Again, TNR is paid for by the city, but Garland Pawsibilities allows me to have space. We are a symbiotic relationship and we all need money! Please support Garland Pawsibilities TNR program by donating during Giving Tuesday, May 5 (today!). Use the following link to donate:

https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/garlandtnr

Thanks!
Brenda Jackson
Volunteer, Garland TNR

6 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I hope I am not violating any TOC by posting this for Mrs. Prof, but she has asked and I have promised. Please delete if not appropriate: please give if otherwise.

I donated.

Explorer the Cat was dashing about the house when I left to go to the credit union. Once I returned she was in bed, as is her habit when I leave the house for any length of time.  I got back and she walked out of the bedroom after I had gone in there to get my morning pill and jumped up on to the bookcase and went to her "I'm resting for a while" place, meaning she is done running around the house.  Any rate, here she is...

DSC_4473.jpg