• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Seems that Explorer the Cat wants to listen to the wall again. 

A thought occurs to me, more common here than up north, but you could have termites. Check your foundation, see if you see any clay tube looking risers. Of, if you happen to have a stethoscope, do a little listening yourself.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

Or there might be rodents in the walls, though mlooney did say that he hadn't seen any inside the house in several months . . .

That was mentioned and a cat could hear or maybe smell them, depending on how well the house is sealed; he's up north so probably sealed well; and then maybe which side of a vapor barrier they're on. Termites are more subtle, but they do make noise, and have an odor as well. Things that hunt them tune in on these; not cats, but it might drive a cat nuts.  Or, as a friend of mine once said, "That's not a drive, that's a putt."

11 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

A thought occurs to me, more common here than up north, but you could have termites. Check your foundation, see if you see any clay tube looking risers. Of, if you happen to have a stethoscope, do a little listening yourself.

The exterminator did both sides of the house and didn't mention termites, and I don't have access to the foundation, other than what you can see from the outside.

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The exterminator did both sides of the house and didn't mention termites, and I don't have access to the foundation, other than what you can see from the outside.

You should see evidence of termites from the outside, if you have them.

I'd trust the exterminator. He's motivated to find them.

17 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

You should see evidence of termites from the outside, if you have them.

I'd trust the exterminator. He's motivated to find them.

That was my though on the issues.  Of course Explorer the Cat only listens to the wall, or what ever it is she is doing when she faces into the wall on top of Godzilla when she is on top of Godzilla.  I never notice her paying any attention to the walls any place else.

When I went shopping time before last the store was out of the kind of cat food I had been feeding Explorer the Cat, so I got her some Purina Cat Chow Indoor. She seems to be eating it at faster than the Little Friskies I had been feeding her, in that what should be a 3 day supply in her food bowl is only lasting 2 days. Need to keep an eye on that as to avoid Chunky Cat Syndrome.

My phone just displayed an Amber Alert.  The tones it made before displaying the alert really seemed to set off Explorer the Cat.  She hopped off the bed and stood in the center of the room looking around with her ears twitching.  Took her almost 5 minutes to calm down enough to return to the bed.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

When I went shopping time before last the store was out of the kind of cat food I had been feeding Explorer the Cat, so I got her some Purina Cat Chow Indoor. She seems to be eating it at faster than the Little Friskies I had been feeding her, in that what should be a 3 day supply in her food bowl is only lasting 2 days. Need to keep an eye on that as to avoid Chunky Cat Syndrome.

She'd be exploder the cat.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Many cats do seem to have an ambition to become spherical.

Well, she does get quite a bit of exercise each morning, but she then drops into sleepy cat in the bed mode around noon when I stop using the workstation and start using the Chromebook.

13 hours ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat on the table by the overstuffed chair.  First time I've seen her on that table.

DSC_4294.jpg

It's amazing how much that table resembles tables I have owned over the years, up to and including cat, mess and types of books.

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

My cat likes Purina brand and also tends to overeat when given unlimited access to it. I generally deal with this by only giving him one meal's worth at a time. He seems to accept this, as long as each meal is delivered on schedule.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

My cat likes Purina brand and also tends to overeat when given unlimited access to it. I generally deal with this by only giving him one meal's worth at a time. He seems to accept this, as long as each meal is delivered on schedule.

If Explorer the Cat keeps doing the wolf it down thing I may have to start that.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

"Before I start running around, I better make The Human have problems using the computer this morning"

And the running around like she was crazed has started.

21 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Many cats do seem to have an ambition to become spherical.

Tell me about it. The first time my wife saw my old Burmese cat Adam she called him 'Fatso.' I instantly turned that into 'Catso', and the poor thing was never called anything else for the rest of his contented, lazy and easygoing life.

55 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Well, it's time to stop running around the house and take stock of the bedroom.

DSC_4302.jpg

I don't get it. Why is she displaying such trust for the evil vacuum cleaner?

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I don't get it. Why is she displaying such trust for the evil vacuum cleaner?

Well, to be real honest about it, it doesn't get run all that often and I think she has forgotten what it does.  It's also not all that loud.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
5 hours ago, mlooney said:

make The Human have problems using the computer

Is she posing in front of a portrait of herself?

Yep, that's Explorer the Fox posing in front of herself.