• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Bob Barker passed away,      -      If you come the closest to guessing his age, without going over, you are a winner.

99 years, I know that's because every one was making "closest to 100 with out going over" jokes.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

99 years, I know that's because every one was making "closest to 100 with out going over" jokes.

He seems like kind of a cool guy (well, not any more, obviously), although maybe overboard with the animal rights. If they don't want to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?

If you go to a tourist restaurant in Florida with live music, Buffet's "Margaritaville" is one of the 3 songs you will hear almost every time.

The other 2 being Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" & Holmes' "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)".

Those of us who survived the early 80s know you can not escape the pina colada song.

Michael Gambon passed away as well.  I know him mainly from the Harry Potter movies and of course "Top Gear"

His love of cars led to his appearance on the BBC series Top Gear. He raced the Suzuki Liana so aggressively that it went around the last corner of his lap on two wheels. The final corner of the Top Gear test track has been named "Gambon Corner" or simply "Gambon" in his honour. He appeared on the programme again on 4 June 2006 and set a time in the Chevrolet Lacetti of 1:50.3, a significant improvement on his previous time of 1:55. He clipped his namesake corner the second time, and when asked why by Jeremy Clarkson, replied, "I don't know, I just don't like it."[

I haven't watched Top Gear since Clarkson, May and Hammond stop being the presenters, so I don't know if they still call that corner "Gambon" or not.

That is not exactly totally 'sad news'. Henry Kissinger was kind of a monster. Attribute to him much unenlightened manipulative foreign policy that did no one any good, harmed many innocents, and ultimately blew up in our face. The Khmer Rouge were a fallout of his destabilization of Cambodia, leading to a decade of terror under Pol Pot for the bulk of the population.

Also, to quote an old song, "I wonder who's Kissinger now?"

I just heard that Akira Toriyama died last Friday, at the age of 68. For those who don't know, he was a manga writer/artist who created several popular series -- most notably Dragonball (which I was a big fan of back in the early 00s). He was also character designer for a number of video games including the Dragon Quest (AKA Dragon Warrior) series, and my favorite game, Chrono Trigger.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:20 PM, ChronosCat said:

I just heard that Akira Toriyama died last Friday, at the age of 68. For those who don't know, he was a manga writer/artist who created several popular series -- most notably Dragonball (which I was a big fan of back in the early 00s). He was also character designer for a number of video games including the Dragon Quest (AKA Dragon Warrior) series, and my favorite game, Chrono Trigger.

I saw that. He died young.