• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Comic for Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Tara is less than impressed with the diplomat. Elliot is caught up in hero worship, but Grace has some issues with what just happened, too.

Fortunately, she is quickly distracted. It would appear that griffins are not the only mythical critter on the other side.

Andrea's lack of reaction to Edward's cutting his hand seems due to some empathy on her part; she can relate to doing something risky to research an interest.

Hmm, nine-tailed foxes are renowned as powerful shapeshifters, so one can see why Andrea thought that Grace might have one in her ancestry.

So, when I see a fox out in the wild with only one tail, they've already harvested the eight other tails? Can't the shapeshifting fox simply grow eight new ones? Is there a limit of only nine tails?

Getting a better look at Ambassador Verres at work has been a treat. His willingness to face personal danger in furtherance of his mission has made Elliot into a total fanboy, but grossed out Grace. The differing reactions of the Griffins is enlightening. It's too bad Lord Tyrant Slayer wasn't there. I hope we get to see his reaction when Tara and Andrea report back. He already knows Ed is brave, will this show of ruthlessness raise or lower his opinion of Ed?

And I wonder when we'll find out what LTS was really up to?

2 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Getting a better look at Ambassador Verres at work has been a treat. His willingness to face personal danger in furtherance of his mission has made Elliot into a total fanboy, but grossed out Grace. The differing reactions of the Griffins is enlightening. It's too bad Lord Tyrant Slayer wasn't there. I hope we get to see his reaction when Tara and Andrea report back. He already knows Ed is brave, will this show of ruthlessness raise or lower his opinion of Ed?

And I wonder when we'll find out what LTS was really up to?

Elliot has been portrayed as painfully naive, not sure his being a fan boy is entirely a positive. 

Grace, on the other hand, who should be naive, has often been savvy. Rule of plot, I guess. But her comments are not inaccurate, in this case.

From the griffin's point of view, Edward would appear to be somewhat a loose cannon. Andrea should see it that way as well. He's not earning points as a seasoned ambassador. They might also question his presence, he really was not invited, not by them.

You have to wonder why LTS's mind control continued when he encountered humans. Properly set up, it should have been made to terminate upon first contact, just in case. They had already run into royalty on this side, and had no way of knowing they wouldn't run into more (and they did run into more, Edward). And fortunately it was Edward, who could more or less handle it, and not Tedd, who for all his skill would have been blindsided.

The griffins also would not have an appreciation for the tech in this realm, and how low risk the hand cut is (but Grace's comment still stands, there are better places than the palm). They might also not appreciate the high value of healing magic where there is none. After all, it's not exactly necessary, more useful and handy.

20 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

They might also question his presence, he really was not invited, not by them.

Invited or not, he should have been expected. Their side obviously has tight controls on crossing from one side to the other, why not our side, whether some naive teenagers were aware of them or not.

On 8/3/2022 at 0:54 PM, Darth Fluffy said:

So, when I see a fox out in the wild with only one tail, they've already harvested the eight other tails? Can't the shapeshifting fox simply grow eight new ones? Is there a limit of only nine tails?

According to legend, foxes grow more tails as they grow older; some legends say it takes a century to grow a tail. So if you see a fox with only one tail it is probably less than one hundred years old (or hiding its extra tails - they are shapeshifters, after all).

Only the oldest and most powerful can grow nine tails - some legends say they need to be a thousand years old. In theory, nine is the maximum number they can grow, though I seem to recall hearing about some fox god with dozens or maybe a hundred tails (or maybe it was a Pokemon).

21 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Grace, on the other hand, who should be naive, has often been savvy. Rule of plot, I guess. But her comments are not inaccurate, in this case.

Grace has been naive due to ignorance, not due to a personality prone to naive thinking. She has always been observant and perceptive, and she is a seeker of knowledge; as such, over time we should see fewer and fewer instances of naivety from her.

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

According to legend, foxes grow more tails as they grow older; some legends say it takes a century to grow a tail. So if you see a fox with only one tail it is probably less than one hundred years old (or hiding its extra tails - they are shapeshifters, after all).

Only the oldest and most powerful can grow nine tails - some legends say they need to be a thousand years old. In theory, nine is the maximum number they can grow, though I seem to recall hearing about some fox god with dozens or maybe a hundred tails (or maybe it was a Pokemon).

Just another case of keeping up with the tanuki.