• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, Apr 3, 2023

Comic for Monday, Apr 3, 2023

Susan asks the same questions we've been asking. Now that's meta.

Deus-D-Minus-4

Deus is Latin, generally taken to mean 'God', but seems to have meant 'god'  as in one of a pantheon; this could be an immortal? If D minus is a grade, not a very good one. Would the number 4 be one of four? Fourth birth? Quantification of how much less than D?

Whoever it is seems to have a lock on what Susan is experiencing. Susan is freaked and feels threatened if she's choosing to go to Tedd's dad.

Hmm, Deus D minus 4. Count four letters backwards from D and you wrap around back to Z. Therefore, Deus Z. I’m 99% sure that it is Zeus (formerly Jerry). Pandora tasked Zeus with watching out for Susan and Diane, in addition to his own vow to help Susan.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Hmm, Deus D minus 4. Count four letters backwards from D and you wrap around back to Z. Therefore, Deus Z. I’m 99% sure that it is Zeus (formerly Jerry). Pandora tasked Zeus with watching out for Susan and Diane, in addition to his own vow to help Susan.

Hmm. Cryptographic Immortals. Great. He should have gone with 'Geisel'.

You make a good case, and it would make sense. It seems rather insightful for Zeus, though; he's pretty young. Is it on par with what he's done in the comic?

Seems like showing up and having a heart to heart would be more useful. Still, it seems to fit.

16 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Seems like showing up and having a heart to heart would be more useful. Still, it seems to fit.

We never did find out how the Immortal community reacted to Voltaire's campaign to change their rules. There may be a good reason that Jerry Zeus has apparently changed his M.O.. Susan's sudden need to talk to Mr. Verres probably means she's concerned that something peculiar is going on.

Edited by Amiable Dorsai
mipselling

While it's an unusual screen name, I still don't think it's an immortal. Still have no clue as to who or what it is however. I could be wrong, after all I was wrong on the trainee being Vladia.

49 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Early in the comic, Tedd was the one person at school Susan disliked the most.

Now Tedd is the person to whom she turns for urgent help.

Change . . .

Not exactly Tedd, but Tedd's dad.  Not quite the same thing.

Deus-D-Minus-4

In hexadecimal, D minus 4 = 9. So     Deus-9

Convert the 9 into individual binary digits and get 1001,     Deus-1001

Now rearrange these,     I die - so u o.

But who died, and what does Susan owe?

Deus-D-Minus-4 is    Deus minus D minus Minus minus 4

Deus minus D is    eus

minus minus minus is    minus      The capital M is a clue that the trick is to collapse the chain

leaving    eus -4

treating eus as a number, the last position is the least significant, so rolling it back four leaves    euo

These comments were left by 'O' from the EU.

Deus-D-Minus-4

We can unravel this starting at the numeric instruction. Removing the last four letters from 'Minus' leaved the capital 'M'     Deus-D-M

Well, we know what a DM is, and in his game (s)he is the Deus. So these were posted in the context of a role playing game.    

That leaves many candidates, but Susan's boss, Mr. Tensaided, tends to fall into gaming metaphors for serious interactions. He noticed Susan's concern over her imminent graduation and the change it would bring to her life, and he is concerned about her. He knows about the movie reviews, and used the comments section to reach out to Susan. Won't he be surprised when the magic police show up.

You joke about numerology, but some of the things I've seen posted makes me think "This has to be Poe's Law in action".  Sadly often not.

37 minutes ago, mlooney said:

You joke about numerology, but some of the things I've seen posted makes me think "This has to be Poe's Law in action".  Sadly often not.

And I'm suspecting Cole's Law.