• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ChronosCat

Comic for Wednesday July 5 2023

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/layers-021

I wasn't sure if I should include the characters in the fantasy sequence in the tags...

I guess I can see Dan's argument that this strip is answering a legitimate question people would have about the story. But on the other hand I think answering that question wasn't entirely necessary, and it does slow down the pacing. On the other other hand, slow pacing has been the norm for EGS for most of it's run, so it would actually seem strange at this point if the stories started only including essential moments.

19 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I guess I can see Dan's argument that this strip is answering a legitimate question people would have about the story. But on the other hand I think answering that question wasn't entirely necessary, and it does slow down the pacing. On the other other hand, slow pacing has been the norm for EGS for most of it's run, so it would actually seem strange at this point if the stories started only including essential moments.

In this particular case I feel it somewhat compensates for the slowdown that the explanation is actually funny. :danshiftyeyes:

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

. . . I think answering that question wasn't entirely necessary, and it does slow down the pacing.

On the other other hand, slow pacing has been the norm for EGS for most of it's run . . .

EGS, answering the questions you wouldn't think to ask . . .

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I wasn't sure if I should include the characters in the fantasy sequence in the tags...

The important question is do they make the crazy counting guy's list.

Most meetups that I've been involved with in the last 40 years have involved meeting some one at a restaurant or bar, depending.  I've always assumed that was the default.

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

Most meetups that I've been involved with in the last 40 years have involved meeting some one at a restaurant or bar, depending.  I've always assumed that was the default.

Game stores with tables to play on are a less common but not insignificant meetup location.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Game stores with tables to play on are a less common but not insignificant meetup location.

Will Ellen be required to run another game at Salty Crackers?  If Edward brought the game, it could be the US Military Zombie Appocolypse plan.

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Will Ellen be required to run another game at Salty Crackers?  If Edward brought the game, it could be the US Military Zombie Appocolypse plan.

That is so last administration. Today the focus is rightly placed on the US Military Mummy Uprising Plan.

The classic Hollywood mummy was a well dressed munster acting alone.  This was not to cut wardrobe & makeup costs.  Egyptian royals were ( in theory ) absolute monarchs in life.  They don't cooperate well in death.

That would go double if they are from adjacent dynasties, since the newer one was likely to have overthrown the older one, leading to animosity between them.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Edward brought the game, it could be the US Military Zombie Appocolypse plan.

I was going to say that Edward said that there aren't really any zombies, but then I remembered that there really is a zombie apocalypse plan.  Of course it's just used as a training aid on teaching how to write a plan, but still.  

The April 30, 2011 document depicts fictional scenarios of zombie apocalypses for training students in military planning.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONOP_8888

55 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I was going to say that Edward said that there aren't really any zombies, but then I remembered that there really is a zombie apocalypse plan.  Of course it's just used as a training aid on teaching how to write a plan, but still.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONOP_8888

This seems like such a bad idea; it's like throwing gasoline on a conspiracy theory fire.

I've read a story where that plan was actually taken out and used. (Not on Earth though. And with extensive adjustments - no plan of battle survives contact with the enemy - because the zombies weren't human even before they were zombified.)

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

This seems like such a bad idea; it's like throwing gasoline on a conspiracy theory fire.

Nothing the DoD does WRT plans stops conspiracy theorists.  Remember "Jade Helm"?

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Nothing the DoD does WRT plans stops conspiracy theorists.  Remember "Jade Helm"?

I remember Matt Helm.

On 7/6/2023 at 11:34 PM, mlooney said:

On the other hand it is fairly easy to set them off.

In England during WW2 some genius had the idea to issue carrot rations to their night fighter pilots, claiming it improved their night vision. This was to distract possible spies from looking into the top secret radar mounted in night fighter planes. This worked so well that to this day there are parents giving their children carrots in the belief that it will improve their vision.

Just finished this strip on a re-read, and for some reason the aliens gave me a "Vl'hurgs and G'gugvuntts" vibe.

On 7/5/2023 at 11:58 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Lavender is a bread-stealing ninja.  Grace is a pirate.

EGS will finally bring us the long awaited epic Pirates vs Ninja story arc.

But...since when was Grace a pirate? I thought she was a sleepy little ninja