• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
CritterKeeper

Things You Find Amusing

Growing up, people almost always guessed I was older than I was.  For a decade or two, it was pretty consistently three years older.  I had friends who were college students, we'd go out as a group and they'd order a pitcher of beer, and I'd be given a glass with the rest of them (which I'd hand to the waiter, pointing out that they shouldn't be giving one to a sixteen-year-old ;-).  The only place that ever carded me was the comic book store, when an issue of a manga had some innocent nudity in a bathtub that only Americans would get uptight about.

Then, for a few years, people guessed my age fairly accurately.

For a while now, people have been guessing I'm younger than I am.  This led to a running gag that I've stopped aging and am now going to age backwards for a while instead.

I'm amused today in particular because, despite my hair still having a lot more dark brown than grey, I seem to be shedding the grey ones much more than the dark ones lately.  I've plucked loose hairs off the back of my jacket and had six grey and no dark.  I've even noticed a couple that transitioned between the two from one end to the other, and it was the root end that was dark!  Aging backward?  I'll take that deal!  ;-)