• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

Once again working around 0300 Eastern when I look up and the waning crescent moon, partially obstructed by clouds, again looks too much like the disembodied grin of the Cheshire Cat.

No more doubt.  Ceiling Cat is LAUGHING at me.

I can only think that this was written to fail.

A referendumb on the Florida ballot called for prohibiting vaping indoors AND a ban on offshore drilling.

Honestly, I would be glad to see those annoying e-cigs prohibited.

But as for off shore drilling?  There should MUST be tougher controls, and tougher enforcement of existing controls.  And there needs to be more development in fuel conservation and alternative / renewable energy sources.  But an outright ban on offshore drilling in state waters is not going to solve those problems.  And a sympathetic court (State or Federal) is almost certain to give big petroleum a way around the state ban anyway.

There are people who would permit e-cigs and ban drilling.

And there are people who would permit both.

But I find it difficult to believe that the number of voters in Florida opposed to both, or who are so strongly opposed to one or the other that they would be willing to ban both, could form a majority.  Not even in a mid-term election.

I would suggest a referendum to prohibit combining unrelated issues as a single vote on future ballot referenda.  But they would probably combine that with a proposed ban on buttercream frosting which would force me to vote against it.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I can only think that this was written to fail.

A referendumb on the Florida ballot called for prohibiting vaping indoors AND a ban on offshore drilling.

Honestly, I would be glad to see those annoying e-cigs prohibited.

But as for off shore drilling?  There should MUST be tougher controls, and tougher enforcement of existing controls.  And there needs to be more development in fuel conservation and alternative / renewable energy sources.  But an outright ban on offshore drilling in state waters is not going to solve those problems.  And a sympathetic court (State or Federal) is almost certain to give big petroleum a way around the state ban anyway.

There are people who would permit e-cigs and ban drilling.

And there are people who would permit both.

But I find it difficult to believe that the number of voters in Florida opposed to both, or who are so strongly opposed to one or the other that they would be willing to ban both, could form a majority.  Not even in a mid-term election.

I would suggest a referendum to prohibit combining unrelated issues as a single vote on future ballot referenda.  But they would probably combine that with a proposed ban on buttercream frosting which would force me to vote against it.

Sounds like a tactic to prevent a majority vote banning drilling. Through in something that would make people think "but I gotta give this up in order to make something happen?"