• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Monday August 29, 2016

Ok, at first glance this does appear to be the possible moment Catalina would get marked, but considering the third panel, Pandora knows who Catalina is, she's likely seen Catalina hanging around with Susan, Elliot, Tedd and Sarah at school, she would also have seen her meet Rhoda. So here are a few possibilities:

1: Pandora did already mark Catalina way back when she marked Rhoda and Justin, but somehow Catalina has managed to not use her spell, like back in April/May-"This girl is named Catalina Bobcat, sounds purrrfect for a cat transformation spell!" 4 months later "She still hasn't used that spell? What gives?!?!"

2: Catalina's name is just a name and does not reflect what kinds of spells Catalina could potentially get, so it's basically mocking Pandora.

3: This one could be a longshot, but maybe Catalina was already awakened and so Pandora couldn't give her anything that could be used accidentally later. And that's also mocking Pandora.

We know Rhoda already has her Mark, since the boar episode was months ago.  We don't know whether Catalina has hers yet or not.

This may be a case where asking the right questions could affect what spells Pandora can give.  Right now Catalina's mind is likely on her date, and her desires would turn in that direction.  If Pandora approaches her correctly, she might be able to get Catalina thinking about cat transformations and how cool they'd be.

For some reason, I really want to see Pandora shrink herself down to Rhoda's size before going over to talk to them....

Is it just me, or does Rhoda appear more attractive than normally?

15 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

This may be a case where asking the right questions could affect what spells Pandora can give.  Right now Catalina's mind is likely on her date, and her desires would turn in that direction.  If Pandora approaches her correctly, she might be able to get Catalina thinking about cat transformations and how cool they'd be.

If we assume Grace seeing Catalina in her "remembering the dream" sequence is not red herring, then yes, either this or the "already marked" option.

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:

1: Pandora did already mark Catalina way back when she marked Rhoda and Justin, but somehow Catalina has managed to not use her spell, like back in April/May-"This girl is named Catalina Bobcat, sounds purrrfect for a cat transformation spell!" 4 months later "She still hasn't used that spell? What gives?!?!"

Or she did, just not as often as Pandora wanted. The taunting might be just that she's meeting her repeatedly but obviously can't mark her second time.

12 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Rhoda rocks the Misato Katsuragi look...

Hmm, EGS cast cosplaying as Neon Genesis Evangelion characters . . . who would wear what costume? I can imagine Nanase as Asuka (redhead, prides herself on being a top fighter/protector and top student) . . . who else?

We'd almost have to have Ed Verres as Gendo Ikari, which casts Tedd as Shinji and that works sooooo well.  That would make anyTedd/Shinji + NanaseAtsuka sexual tension a little interesting...  ("Ugly Cousin!")

Everything aligned around the Verres + Tedd duo....

Grace as Rei, which immediately suggested:

Sarah as Atsuka  Sarah shares a lot of underlying neuroses with Atsuka and might have a bit of a thing with/for Tedd.  She isn't jealous of Grace but no matching is going to be perfect.

Susan seems a good match for Misato despite what I said about Rhoda.  Good heart, harsh around the edges.

Elliot as Kaji for how close he came to hooking up with Susan.

Justin as Toji even though he and Tedd aren't that great of friends  Which would mean...

George as Kensuki, which made it too good to pass up.

Nanase as Dr. Akagi. We really need a super-smart for this role and Tedd's taken, so I chose to substitute "skilled in magic".  That plus her friendship with Susan makes it work

Lavender as Fuyutsuki because of her wannabe relationship to Ed Verres and because it's funny.  Otherwise I'd go with Adrian Raven.

Ellen as Kaworu mostly for being yet another character with an ambiguously sexual relationship to Tedd/Shinji and for her magical creation.

Noriko Verres as Yui Ikari Really...who else?  It's another reason why Tedd works so well as Shinji.

Alternate casting:

Elliot as Toji, which would give Ashley the role of Hikari ("Class rep") Horaki

Justin as Kaji because of what almost happened between Justin and Susan at Grace's birthday party

Noah as Kensuki...because he's friends with Elliot and just that geeky