• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I am imagining a "corn-dog" type dish with a sausage link dipped and fried in the blueberry-muffinish batter.

Does this already exist on the fair / carnival / midway circuit?

No clue, but one of the local supplier to Reasers has been making this version for about a decade according to the butcher.  The ingredients list start "pork, blueberries...." and there are quite a lot of berries per link. About 20% or so by volume.

Looked up one of my favorite "This is Sports Center" Commercials for the recipe

After the Ice, add 2/3 to 3/4 unsweetened ice tea and the rest lemonade.

Starting with sweetened ice tea makes the drink too sweet.

Using more than 1/3 lemonade makes the tea too week.

As I have said before, who ever decides portion sizes has an eating disorder.

And who ever decided how much boiling water to put in instant oat meal likes oatmeal soup.

I tried something different with the oatmeal+jam thing, in that I counted put the jam in the measuring cup that the water was going in, and dissolved  the jam in the boiling water.  Will not do again.  Doing that mixes it too well with the oatmeal, so the flavor of the raspberries never really shows up.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I thought Orange Beef was a genetics experiment that attempted to grow citrus fruit that had the flavor, texture, and cooking properties of beef.

Sadly, Hathor closed that restaurant around the same time the Library of Alexandria burned down. Seems like some drunken legionaries wrecked it in a brawl and she just got tired of all the effort.

I cooked a pound of beef bacon, using the oven method.  Then the Adderall kicked in and I'm not hungry.  Put it in the fridge for later.  Even my 2nd cup of tea for the day looks a little off putting right now.

Leftover WingStop Louisiana Rub wings (extra seasoning) with Blue Cheese dip. I ate too many of them last night and had to take two promethazine tablets to get my screwed-up stomach calmed down. Today is different—only three wings involved. No promethazine anticipated.

Instant oatmeal (4 packages) with a single serving "snack pack" of canned mandrin oranges.  Do Not Do This.
Peaches or mixed fruit is good in oatmeal.  Mandrin oranges, very much not good.  If I had any more oatmeal to replace it with it would have gone down the drain.  

#1stworldproblem
#shoppingday

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Do you think it's the acidity of the oranges that ruined it?  Are they too juicy?  Too strong a flavor?

All of the above, plus texture.

Lakewood Brewing Company Lion's Share IV: Anniversary Ale, Brewed right here in Garland, TX. It's a Belgian-style quad ale aged in brandy barrels. Shared a bottle with a good friend tonight. Magnificent is the only word I can use that describes it appropriately.

My friend works for a company that sells products for home brewing, and even he was impressed with it. He was practically squeezing every drop out of the bottle that he could get. His words: "The yeasts and sugars in this beer have worked too hard to be left alone."

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Hazelnut flavored coffee with hazelnut cream, and cream.

I may be going a bit overboard on this.

I currently have a blend of coffee that part vanilla hazelnut and french dark roast, there's a Sobeys near me that does the "grind your own" thing where you can take whatever beans you want and grind them together. I usually do 1/4 vanilla hazelnut to 3/4 french dark roast.

On 10/11/2016 at 3:18 PM, ProfessorTomoe said:

More tea.

Me also.  At 01:50 CST.  Why, you ask am I drinking tea at that time of day?

I have a freaking migraine, can't sleep, and my mid level migraine medication has caffeine in it any way.  I'm going to be up, might as well have a nice cup of PGTips and archive binge various comics.  Maybe work on some game maps or design a few space ships.