• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

35 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Very few.

Oh yeah?

I strongly suspect that most of the people that this applies to are in this message now.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

I strongly suspect that most of the people that this applies to are in this message now.

I might be on the fringe of that, having been born in '79.

Good enough. Okay, here's the pun (a "shaggy dog" story):

The people who run the Ernest & Julio Gallo winery were looking for a way to make some extra income. The decided to use the part of their staff who had highly trained noses to offer "smell analysis" for rich people. Basically, one would come in, get smelled by an expert, and then be advised on various life issues (sort of like a horoscope reading).

The famous pantomime artist, Marcel Marceau, got wind of this and decided it was for him. He set up an appointment for a future Thursday afternoon and spent the time eagerly anticipating his analysis.

Come the morning before his analysis, his agent calls him and tells him he's been booked for an emergency benefit performance on the day of his appointment. He was distraught, having really looked forward to his analysis for quite some while. As he fretted, a thought struck him—he'd call the winery and see if he could come in a day early. So, he places the call, explains the situation, and pleads with the receptionist to let him get smelled on the day before the benefit.

The receptionist replied, "Monsieur Marceau! We will smell no mime before his time!"

I warned you.

22 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The receptionist replied, "Monsieur Marceau! We will smell no mime before his time!"

/me tells me that at least 2 pages of The List just caught fire, burning with the stench of sulfur and a touch of copper added for color.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

We will sell no wine before its time?

This is my wife's bid as well! Sadly they did not show this ad in my neck of the woods.

Yeah, I guess that was too early in my life to remember the actual ads, although I do remember Weird Al telling me that I should sell the wine before it's time.

I also squeezed all the Charmin I could.

Didn't dare try the microwave for a tan though.

Costa Rican Tarrazu coffee from my Keurig v1 machine.

I'll be ingesting a large amount of pills for my "morning" dose (it's 11:00 a.m. CDT) once I'm done with my coffee. After that, probably leftover Mongolian beef.

Bacon and tea. 
Bacon done via the "in the 350 degree oven for 10 minutes" method.  So much easier than trying to pan fry it, at least for me.  If you like crispy bacon, go a few minutes longer, but be careful, the tipping point between "crispy" and "carbon" is fairly thin.  Not an issue in my case because I like chewy bacon, but I have seen what happens if you leave it in to long.

Tea, alas, is normal tea.  PGTips bag tea.

35 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Not an issue in my case because I like chewy bacon, but I have seen what happens if you leave it in to long.

I like bacon with a little chew to it as well, unfortunately my parents prefer crispy and their idea of crispy is borderline carbon as you mentioned, you don't have the smoky bacon flavour anymore and it seems to turn to powder when you chew.

Right now though, I'm loading up on vitamin C however I can get it, Halls Defence cough drops, orange juice, redoxon 1000mg effervescent tablets. Also took a Cold-FX pill and a Tylenol sinus pill earlier too, the left side of my face has a good deal of pressure pain at the moment....

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Right now though, I'm loading up on vitamin C however I can get it, Halls Defence cough drops, orange juice, redoxon 1000mg effervescent tablets. Also took a Cold-FX pill and a Tylenol sinus pill earlier too, the left side of my face has a good deal of pressure pain at the moment....

With out going into TMI, well, no, really it's TMI, but I'll bet you pee for the next couple of days is going to be really brightly colored.
Good luck on fighting off the cold or what ever it is.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

With out going into TMI, well, no, really it's TMI, but I'll bet you pee for the next couple of days is going to be really brightly colored.
Good luck on fighting off the cold or what ever it is.

I've been drinking lots of water too, but yeah it has been on the neon brightness side in the past because of that.

It's just a head cold, it's pretty much all I ever get, and no more than once or twice a year.