• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
exterminator

Story, September Monday 26 2016

4 hours ago, malloyd said:

If Elliot is all that pivotal, did he even consider starting with *talking to Elliot* and convincing him?  Might have worked, especially if he were approached alone rather than in this (much more skeptical) group and told something suitably slanted (the rules do after all still allow Voltaire to lie).

That would not work if his real aim was how other people would react to Elliot being murdered. For example, all of Elliot's friends might go on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge, and the Rampage itself was the real reason for killing Elliot.

I think that I am starting to see the overall positions that Pandora and Voltaire are taking. Pandora wants to shift the balance of power in favor of Mortals by spreading around the Magic, while Voltaire wants to shift the balance in favor of Immortals. However, both of them have a final goal of giving their kind (and their kin) more latitude to act--Pandora by allowing the more-permissive set of rules for interacting with Mages to apply more often (as opposed to the more-restrictive rules for dealing with Muggles, especially the ones who are supposed to be kept ignorant of the very existence of magic), and Voltaire by getting the rules themselves loosened.

Tedd especially would become nefarious version of Lord Tedd in a heartbeat if Elliot died. They bros, metaphorically speaking.

There will be worlds crushed before his rage, empires falling before his anguish, transformation beams making all who rise up weaker... Tadpoles, maybe. .. It would be glorious in how devastating a fully prepped Tedd and some time could be.

On that note, someone really needs to step up and represent Magic.

Pandora: "Let them eat magic."

Voltaire: "OUR MAGIC WAA"

Magic: "Ladiesss... There's enough magic to go around, if you know what I'm saying.... Who's the empowering force that makes you get down and funky? Magic! That's right."

21 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Peter Sellers was great in all the roles he had in that film.  Maybe it's been too long since I've seen it but I'm not getting what you're saying.

The War Room scene, but with more talk and more entropy.

1 hour ago, RainbowWizard said:

Magic: "Ladiesss... There's enough magic to go around, if you know what I'm saying.... Who's the empowering force that makes you get down and funky? Magic! That's right."

"Why is Magic acting around like a pimp or a hippie?"

So Dex was controlled by Voltaire, and was controlling the fire guys and the dragon through Dex. And Dex took HD video of the fight between Justin, Cheerleadra, and the first fire guy. Unless The Shive couldn't resist adding Dex to the joke in the last panel, that would mean that Voltaire wanted to publicise this magic-revealing incident.

Unless maybe Pandora was controlling Dex that time. 

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

So Dex was controlled by Voltaire, and was controlling the fire guys and the dragon through Dex. And Dex took HD video of the fight between Justin, Cheerleadra, and the first fire guy. Unless The Shive couldn't resist adding Dex to the joke in the last panel, that would mean that Voltaire wanted to publicise this magic-revealing incident.

Considering Voltaire claimed both instances of Dex summoning fire golems as 1 attempt, then Voltaire would have been responsible for the first case, I stated before that Voltaire could have had Dex summon the one, then released him with no memory of doing so immediately after, Dex would then become a natural witness and people wouldn't suspect him.

18 hours ago, WillikaKillika said:

Voltaire just can't get it up. This is why there are so few elves. :(

He might not be alone. It's possible only way for immortal to have child is to get pregnant herself. Would be enough to make lot of immortal not bother.

16 hours ago, ijuin said:

Pandora wants to shift the balance of power in favor of Mortals by spreading around the Magic

Her argument actually was that the balance already shifted by technology and if she makes magic more common, the balance won't really change.

19 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Not really. Sure, Dex took the HD video, but he might've not even posted it. Of course, it does mean that Voltaire didn't mind publicizing the incident, as otherwise he would at least TRY to make it less visible.

19 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I think he WASN'T controlled at the time. It's even possible he summoned the fire guy, then the control ceased and only after that he started taking that video. The fire guy doesn't necessary need to disappear when Dex stops paying attention to it.

20 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Sounds like they need someone experienced in supernatural negotiations and diplomacy.  Wonder if it would ever occur to them to ask Edward's help?  Maybe Pandora, given that he's sort of family?

I don't think Edward is THAT good.

20 hours ago, chridd said:

...or his motives are so selfish and obviously evil that almost no one would cooperate with him...

Sounds likely.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think he WASN'T controlled at the time. It's even possible he summoned the fire guy, then the control ceased and only after that he started taking that video. The fire guy doesn't necessary need to disappear when Dex stops paying attention to it.

He had to have been controlled, Dex was only capable of summoning fairies without being pumped with extra energy to summon greater entities like the fire golems and bulldog dragon, if he accidentally summoned the first fire golem himself with no help, that would suggest he had a larger energy reserve than expected, but...and this might be a stretch but I think it's worth noting, just prior to the fire golem's appearance, Dex shows up in the comic store looking like he's just woken up and hadn't had any coffee yet, his speech bubbles are all wibbly-wobbly, when the cop shows up and everyone's talking about the videos they uploaded, Dex's speech bubble is more normal. Then at the dojo, when Dex is talking about bringing an apocalypse, there's the wibbly-wobbly speech bubbles again, and after Dex regains consciousness, he's certainly more coherent.

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:

He had to have been controlled, Dex was only capable of summoning fairies without being pumped with extra energy to summon

To SUMMON. Not necessary to keep summoned.

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:

just prior to the fire golem's appearance, Dex shows up in the comic store looking like he's just woken up and hadn't had any coffee yet, his speech bubbles are all wibbly-wobbly, when the cop shows up and everyone's talking about the videos they uploaded, Dex's speech bubble is more normal.

Hmmmm ... it's possible he DID just woken up. I mean, that he was controlled to summon the fire monster, told him to go to back of store, then was left on his own, so he continued to the store to buy stuff, while the fire monster was on its way to the back.

Maybe Voltaire underestimated how much pumped he need to keep him to stay in control. Or he expected he wouldn't NEED the control.

49 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmmm ... it's possible he DID just woken up. I mean, that he was controlled to summon the fire monster, told him to go to back of store, then was left on his own, so he continued to the store to buy stuff, while the fire monster was on its way to the back.

Maybe Voltaire underestimated how much pumped he need to keep him to stay in control. Or he expected he wouldn't NEED the control.

That's what I was saying, Voltaire was controlling Dex to the point where he summoned the fire golem, then released him with no memory of doing so, Dex was likely heading over there anyway so he it wouldn't strike him as "wait, what am I doing here?" like he was at the dojo.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

That's what I was saying, Voltaire was controlling Dex to the point where he summoned the fire golem, then released him with no memory of doing so, Dex was likely heading over there anyway so he it wouldn't strike him as "wait, what am I doing here?" like he was at the dojo.

Good. It wasn't clear from your previous post ... just as it wasn't clear from MY previous post (the one two hours ago I mean).

Note that based on Justin's "his monthly comics orders", he not only was already going there, he was going there JUST AS EVERY MONTH.