• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Friday February 9, 2018

11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Well, then I look at what I know and realise that they are most likely telling the literal truth.

The flaw in the logic is that everyone knows at least something. Like I know how to walk, talk, and chew bubble gum*.

*That's separately of course, I do not yet know how to do all three simultaneously.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The flaw in the logic is that everyone knows at least something. Like I know how to walk, talk, and chew bubble gum*.

Oh, that is not as much logic as it is an ironic admission of personal limitations. While I do possess some knowledge I retain a healthy awareness of the fact that compared to the absolute field of human knowledge -- or worse yet, what is possible to learn -- what I have is pitifully limited and in many areas I do indeed remain all but entirely ignorant.

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

*That's separately of course, I do not yet know how to do all three simultaneously.

I've come here to do two things: chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass.

*chews gum*

7 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Well, then I look at what I know and realise that they are most likely telling the literal truth.

The flaw in the logic is that everyone knows at least something.

Are you familiar with the terms "null set" and "almost everywhere"?

Like, for anyone, their knowledge is null set in almost every area of expertise.

On 2/10/2018 at 6:55 PM, hkmaly said:

Now, there would be thousand seers, with most of them being able to travel to different countries, hundreds kilometres away, in few days, and coordinate over internet globally.

And that's assuming they can't use the internet to teach globally, without any need to travel.

Khan Academy: Introduction to Magic (not really, darnit)

57 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
On 2/11/2018 at 2:55 AM, hkmaly said:

Now, there would be thousand seers, with most of them being able to travel to different countries, hundreds kilometres away, in few days, and coordinate over internet globally.

And that's assuming they can't use the internet to teach globally, without any need to travel.

Khan Academy: Introduction to Magic (not really, darnit)

Yes, somewhere in the thread was this assumption mentioned.