• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Wild Speculation version 3.14159265...

Crazy idea, but who knows?

Adrian Raven walks into a rarely used room in his house and finds it unnaturally dark and silent.

Then a sustained double low C is heard and a dim light forms in the shadow.

The tone grows into the opening of Also Sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss.  At the first crescendo light fills the area revealing the regenerating Pandora in the form of the Space Baby from 2001.

So I've been a big proponent of the idea that Tedd was Ashley's internet girlfriend. Dan once teased that he knows who the internet girlfriend was. Now that Ashley is guaranteed to learn about what Tedd does since he'll be helping her learn magic with Kevin and such, that would be a great time to reveal if Tedd was in fact being openly feminine* online and met Ashley and roleplayed transformation stuff with her.

*I was about to say "pretending" which I think I did once before, but realized that would be insulting to Tedd and other trans/genderfluid people, so being openly feminine online would be similar to how Sam is "most real" when he's at a card tournament.

If it weren't for the fact that she's still getting used to the idea of being not-entirely-straight, I'd say Sarah was a good candidate. We know she  has always had an interest in transformation, even if she was too traumatized by the cat-girl incident to make use of the TFG until Grace's Birthday Party, and I can definitely see her cutting loose online in ways she would be reluctant to do in person. However, I doubt she would have gone so far as to date a girl online back when she considered herself straight.

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

If it weren't for the fact that she's still getting used to the idea of being not-entirely-straight, I'd say Sarah was a good candidate. We know she  has always had an interest in transformation, even if she was too traumatized by the cat-girl incident to make use of the TFG until Grace's Birthday Party, and I can definitely see her cutting loose online in ways she would be reluctant to do in person. However, I doubt she would have gone so far as to date a girl online back when she considered herself straight.

Well, it would put her in an awkward spot considering she dated Elliot, but Ashley said her relationship was she was barely old enough to date, which would place it in Junior High probably, dunno if Sarah would have been exploring any relationships with girls back then, seems like the attraction to girls aspect is fairly new here.

But anyway here's some old tweets of Dan's that strengthens my position:

The last tweet is almost exactly a year after the first ones, and despite it being over a year ago, and like I said before, if it is Tedd, then the story arc with Tedd and Ashley doing magic stuff would be a the best time to reveal it.

For some reason, Illjwamh's recent comments about how he classifies characters in the counting thread got me thinking about the Opening Credits to EGS.

I'm imagining it something like Happy Days

Elliot would be first, like Ron Howard
Even though Tedd no longer has the second most Canon appearances, the young Verres would probably be second out of tradition.
The other under 30 characters with over 100 canon appearances would generally be listed in order of number of appearances as of the start of the current season.
Adrian Raven would probably make the list after all the "kids".
Pandora was a prominent character, in the "season" that ended in August 2018.  She was probably in the credits that season, but not in the current season.  This could change based on how much of a splash she wants to make with her reappearance.

And Edward Verres would have the last character credit, like Tom Bosley as Howard Cunningham.

I don't think power lines are designed to hold that much weight. Though maybe if she had her antennae out and levitated herself just enough to reduce her weight...

15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But could she do it in her squirrel-girl, omega, or human forms?

Well, the Omega form has flight, so yeah, it could.  I suspect the other ones can only do so when the antennas are out and acting as telekinesis.

Was discussing Voltaire's plan on Discord and got thinking about how Voltaire hoped "Plan A" would result in changing Immortal Law with Elliot's death.

I think a lot of us figured Tedd would wind up going "Lord Tedd" on everything and cause a system change or something, but then it hit me, Tedd wouldn't be the only one adversely affected by Elliot's death, Magus would have lost his only way out of limbo.

That pendant that Voltaire left likely wasn't just left to implicate Pandora's involvement to Adrian, but had Elliot died to the bulldog dragon, that pendant could have made Magus believe that Pandora killed Elliot out of spite for not making Edward kill Abraham, and Magus had vowed to end Pandora after she had her tantrum, and would have already convinced Sirleck to help him by the time the dragon attacked Elliot, so it'd seem likely that Magus would lose it and have Sirleck sent vampires after Adrian regardless of which plan was in play.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:18 PM, Scotty said:

Was discussing Voltaire's plan on Discord and got thinking about how Voltaire hoped "Plan A" would result in changing Immortal Law with Elliot's death.

I think a lot of us figured Tedd would wind up going "Lord Tedd" on everything and cause a system change or something, but then it hit me, Tedd wouldn't be the only one adversely affected by Elliot's death, Magus would have lost his only way out of limbo.

That pendant that Voltaire left likely wasn't just left to implicate Pandora's involvement to Adrian, but had Elliot died to the bulldog dragon, that pendant could have made Magus believe that Pandora killed Elliot out of spite for not making Edward kill Abraham, and Magus had vowed to end Pandora after she had her tantrum, and would have already convinced Sirleck to help him by the time the dragon attacked Elliot, so it'd seem likely that Magus would lose it and have Sirleck sent vampires after Adrian regardless of which plan was in play.

I'm fairly confident that Voltaire sees himself as the manipulative trickster, but is actually the Wiley Coyote.

An actual train running him over out of a painted tunnel would be pretty funny, even though it's soooo derivative, wouldn't it? Used trope, but in an unexpected setting.

The current generation of under-30 unusuals in Moperville resembles, in many ways, previous generations

Noriko, her sister, Edward, Arthur, Adrian, even the Dunkles

Much of the conflict back then was related to the need for secrecy

I know Arthur did attempt to destroy the secret of magic once, for ulterior motives, and had the effort backfire

But could there be a legitimate revelation of magic by the Elders of Moperville to the confused youth?

Or are these parents determined to see their children make the same mistakes they did?

11 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But could there be a legitimate revelation of magic by the Elders of Moperville to the confused youth?

Well, Edward, for one, has told all about magic to the main cast.  He's OK, more or less, with Ashley finding out about magic, given that AJA has told her to train with Tedd.  He even knows that Ashley is going to find out about aliens sooner or later.

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Well, Edward, for one, has told all about magic to the main cast.  He's OK, more or less, with Ashley finding out about magic, given that AJA has told her to train with Tedd.  He even knows that Ashley is going to find out about aliens sooner or later.

Should be, "Once someone knows about or has magic, it is best to teach them properly and train them, and keep tabs on them."

He's had to explain, more than once, the rationale for secrecy. At the very least, they want newcomers to get with the program.

An untrained magic user is a loose cannon. If it's something like Diane's convincing speech thing, doing it wrong is not much of a threat, but other spells might have a darker side, or reveal more to the uninitiated.

And you want to know where they are and what they are up to. The Lukes and Camdins are a hazard. (the Lukes of hazard?)

It's canon in several universes - and this is a direct quote from one of them - that "an untrained magic user is a danger to himself and everyone around him."

There's also this take on it: "A powerful, untrained magic user is a target, nothing more."

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

And you want to know where they are and what they are up to. The Lukes and Camdins are a hazard. (the Lukes of hazard?)

Luke isn't really a hazard, all he can do is tell if some one has magic.  In and of itself that isn't that bad.  Now coupled to an EGS Wizard and you might have a problem.  I'm not sure about Camdin as to if he's a hazard or not.  Depends on exactly how his spell works.  

On 6/4/2020 at 0:03 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or are these parents determined to see their children make the same mistakes they did?

I think they are guiding their children:

Edward, while he has been adamant about not wanting Tedd to know about Noriko, and the whole deal about his responses to Tedd being a girl. I don't believe he's made any effort to curb Tedd's interest in magic and such. Now it's easy to say that it could be because Edward hopes that Tedd would one day work at the Paranormal Division but you'd figure he'd be doing more to prepare Tedd specifically for that purpose, like maybe some pre-training stuff so that Tedd would know what's expected of agents. Instead though, he's let Tedd tinker away with the TFG and experiment with transformations and such, and even with the trouble that Tedd and the others have gotten into, Edward hasn't attempted to shut anything down. There was the discussion between Edward and Tedd about making magic safe for everyone and honestly Edward was likely genuinely worried about something going wrong, but I don't think he was aware of Magic changing or else he should have felt it prudent to tell Tedd, even the rest of the group.

The Dunkel Parents: Their behaviour when faced with the unusual is definitely enough to believe that they've seen things when they were younger, and how they handled the search implies that they've had special training. At this point in time Dan's on record for having no plans of revealing their backstory, and it doesn't even seem like he has anything nailed down for them either. So I don't know. It would be interesting if they too worked for the Paranormal Division, if Mr Dunkel still does, and if they've known Edward and Noriko for a time before marriage and children happened. Either way they've probably put a fair but of trust in Edward to tackle the bulk of things and are otherwise content with Elliot (and now Ellen) learning for themselves.

Mama Kitsune: I've already stated my case that she used to be more wild and rebellious when she was younger, Pandora suggested she didn't take learning how to be a wizard seriously and I'm still certain she's the one who created the door in a halfassed attempt to create a shortcut for something. Something happened though that made her decide she needed to buckle down and make sure that her children didn't go down the path that her and her sister did. She's probably the most active in trying to guide especially Nanase, no signs of her expecting excellence from Akiko yet but she may be too young still or maybe she's hoping Akiko will just fallow Nanase's lead, but she's certainly not being transparent about why she wants Nanase to excel at everything. I'm hoping Nanase would just confront her about it soon.

Don't know enough about Susan's family to wonder if her mom might know something, was Susan's dad a magic user? He's descended from Adrian so of course he'd have the same potential for being a vampire hunter but did any of that manifest? Justin's family is also unknown, other than the fact that it seemed like his parents weren't too supportive of Justin being gay, I wonder if his Uncle knows anything though?

Sarah's family is really tough to gauge, we'd barely seen her dad, her sister is a reporter that seems interested in finding out more about the strange things that happen, and then there's the fact that the Browns and Dunkels have known each other for years, how well do they know each other though? Did they work together  at some point, go to school together, I don't think they're neighbours though, but it could be that Mrs Brown and Mrs Dunkel met during doctor's appointment or something while they were pregnant with Sarah and Elliot. Still, we haven't seen enough of them to get any hint as to whether they know anything, but there's been plenty of speculation as to whether Carol knows something.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

The Dunkel Parents

Susan's family

Justin's family

Sarah's family

Is it canon that the recipient of a magic mark must be descended from an Immortal? Pandora did not seem to be considering that as a factor.

9 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Is it canon that the recipient of a magic mark must be descended from an Immortal? Pandora did not seem to be considering that as a factor.

We know that people with affinities are descended from Immortals, which certainly put's Sarah as being descended from an Immortal because her spell is from an affinity she was born with. Justin's and Rhoda's marks gave them access to spells that they seemed to yearn for or fit their personality (Justin with his desire to be stronger, Rhoda was scared of people bigger than her) so we don't know if they have Immortal ancestry or not and Catalina had a name based affinity so that could be more to do with the WoM than having any relation to an Immortal.

Basically, I don't think there's any real connection between marks and Immortal ancestry, I think it's more likely though that if a person that has Immortal ancestry gets marked, the spell will be related to their affinity, (Sarah with her simulation spell, Susan with her ability to summon magic weapons), beyond that though, I'm pretty certain that anyone could be marked and the problem is, affinities are probably not rare, but I don't think it means that we can automatically assume that people who can use magic/are marked are descended from Immortals.

37 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I don't think it means that we can automatically assume that people who can use magic/are marked are descended from Immortals.

There doesn't seem to be any indication of that a magic marked person must be descended from an immortal.  Pandora was tossing them around like crazy and unless there are a lot more elves floating about having children she couldn't be giving them out like she was.  Granted she was limited by what the recipient of the mark truly wanted in what she could give out (or, in the case of Sarah, Catalina and maybe some others, having an affinity for a type of spell).

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

There doesn't seem to be any indication of that a magic marked person must be descended from an immortal.  Pandora was tossing them around like crazy and unless there are a lot more elves floating about having children she couldn't be giving them out like she was.  Granted she was limited by what the recipient of the mark truly wanted in what she could give out (or, in the case of Sarah, Catalina and maybe some others, having an affinity for a type of spell).

Heka did say "Wizards, Seers, those with Magical Affinities..." are descended from Immortals (we didn't see him say the unquoted part but I think it's safe to assume by now that's pretty much what he said) so, it's pretty certain that Tedd and Nanase are descended from Immortals because Tedd's a Seer who's parents are wizards and Nanase is of course related and has been regarded as having power comparable to royalty in another realm which could indicate a strong relation to Immortal ancestry. Of course though, Nanase doesn't appear to be a wizard,  Susan also doesn't appear to be a wizard either, but since we know that Susan's affinity is where she's gotten her spells from, we could assume that Nanase's magic might be based around an affinity passed down by her family as well.

Ashley's a confirmed wizard, whether it's something that she always was and it was as hard to detect as Sarah's affinity, or she was "gifted" the ability by being exposed to the energy of the diamond is debatable, if it was simply a matter of it being like Sarah's affinity then it's likely she has Immortal ancestry, though because of Sarah's affinity, I gotta wonder if it being hard to detect is due to how far back their ancestry goes and how thin that bloodline is. Like with Nanase's family it's apparent that they kept their tradition of monster hunters going as strong as they did by hooking up with other powerful magic users, like how Noriko married Edward in the hopes of their offspring carrying on the tradition. This would also mean that if Susan's father, grandfather, etc etc, didn't marry anyone with strong magic ability, it's easily possible that Diane could surpass Susan in magic strength by a long shot for the fact that she's only 2 steps from an Immortal.