• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Friday, September 27, 2018

If Grace "Expected" to shrink out of her clothes, isn't that exactly what should have happened?

Even if her abilities have changed and developed such that her clothes CAN shrink with her, wouldn't the result end up based on what she thinks will happen?

And this leads to a new problem, when she was captured in The Nest and tied up, she escaped her bonds by transforming into a squirrel
If her abilities now shrink her clothes, wouldn't that also shrink anything binding her?

I'm thinking Ashley's going to be just as disappointed as some readers that Grace didn't shrink out of her clothes. Just basing that on this page.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Grace "Expected" to shrink out of her clothes, isn't that exactly what should have happened?

Grace said before that she'd have to "really mean to do it" in order to change forms without her clothes resizing, so this would be a case of her not actually trying to shrink out of her clothes, but at the same time she thought that the resize only applied to humanoid forms.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Even if her abilities have changed and developed such that her clothes CAN shrink with her, wouldn't the result end up based on what she thinks will happen?

And this leads to a new problem, when she was captured in The Nest and tied up, she escaped her bonds by transforming into a squirrel
If her abilities now shrink her clothes, wouldn't that also shrink anything binding her?

If her clothing transformations only happened when expected, she never would have discovered them.

As for at the Nest, are you referring to Painted Black? Because in that it was Elliot who escaped ropes by transforming into a smaller form; Grace broke her ropes (and the chair she was tied to) when she transformed to Omega and went berserk. (If you weren't referring to Painted Black, I don't remember what you're talking about.)

11 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

If her clothing transformations only happened when expected, she never would have discovered them.

As for at the Nest, are you referring to Painted Black? Because in that it was Elliot who escaped ropes by transforming into a smaller form; Grace broke her ropes (and the chair she was tied to) when she transformed to Omega and went berserk. (If you weren't referring to Painted Black, I don't remember what you're talking about.)

She did escape from the fire monster by turning in to a squirrel,  but she was wearing a worker's suit the, which changes with the wearer.

Just now, ChronosCat said:
2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There's also "New and Old Flames" where she went full squirrel to get out of the flame golem's hold, but keep in mind that in both "Painted Black" and "New and Old Flames" Grace was wearing an Uryuom worker suit which is made to fit any shape or size.

Edit: didn't see mlooney's post, but hey, I got a link at least. :D

16 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

No pitchforks and torches yet...

I have just normal fork and safety match, would it be enough?

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm thinking Ashley's going to be just as disappointed as some readers that Grace didn't shrink out of her clothes. Just basing that on this page.

Agree, I'm thinking that too. Although I'm basing it on that page AND her face on this page's last panel.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Grace said before that she'd have to "really mean to do it" in order to change forms without her clothes resizing, so this would be a case of her not actually trying to shrink out of her clothes, but at the same time she thought that the resize only applied to humanoid forms.

Yeah ; "expecting" is not enough, apparently she needs to focus on it.