• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Comic Wednesday February 21, 2024

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/hope-032 

I will be studying Panel Four for vital clues until at least the the next appearance of Lord Tedd 

Are we to believe Rich & Larry have some sort of insight into how inter-dimensional alien psionics work, or is the stopped clock right twice a day?

What is going on tonight to make D10 so excited?

Please don't tell me that by just thinking about Boxes, Grace some how connected Hope with Pandora.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling

22 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Please don't tell me that by just thinking about Boxes, Grace some how connected Hope wit Pandora

Grace could be that excited about someone having a new hairstyle.  Speaking of Hope, has Grace ever met Pandora when she was awake?

15 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Grace could be that excited about someone having a new hairstyle.  Speaking of Hope, has Grace ever met Pandora when she was awake?

Pretty sure she has not. I only recall Sarah and Tedd, and Susan and Diane briefly in the mall, and, of course, Adrian having an actual conversation with her. Only Tedd's seemed to be really in depth. She generally leaves more questions in her wake than she answers.

Noteworthy, she barely interacted with her own son, Adrian, when she visited him, and left him with misgivings about what she was planning.

Several folks spoke to her in the mall when she was posing as a survey taker; I'm not counting that. Nor the brief creepy non-interactive appearances.

Of all the characters we've seen so far, Magus seems to have had the most interaction with her, albeit in her home realm. And, we can presume that Adrian has at least a couple of decades of interacting with her as 'Mom' and centuries of knowing her and perhaps seeing her briefly.

We have not seen even a hint that she has much concern for Noah. Maybe that is the indication that she does not, conspicuous by its absence. I wonder if it is because he is not human, but she seemed favorably disposed toward Grace.

20 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

We have not seen even a hint that she has much concern for Noah. Maybe that is the indication that she does not, conspicuous by its absence. I wonder if it is because he is not human, but she seemed favorably disposed toward Grace.

I believe Adrian only took Noah under his wing fairly recently (from an in-world perspective) and adopted him more recently still. Furthermore, I don't think Pandora visited her son very often, so she probably never got the chance to get to know Noah. Pandora also had a tendency to get fixated on a single goal / idea / etc. and ignore everything else. So chances are she rarely even remembered Noah existed, and when she did thought of him more as "some kid staying with Adrian" rather than as family (not out of prejudice but because she wasn't paying enough attention to know better).

39 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I believe Adrian only took Noah under his wing fairly recently (from an in-world perspective) and adopted him more recently still. Furthermore, I don't think Pandora visited her son very often, so she probably never got the chance to get to know Noah. 

In https://www.egscomics.com/comic/2009-12-18 Adrian stated that it had been fourteen years since she had spoken to him, which would have put their last meeting before Noah was taken in—and before Damien had killed Noah’s parents. Pandora may have observed Adrian since then, but she had not shown herself to him.