• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Monday June 19, 2017

Recommended Posts

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2362

Yay for hugs!!!

So if "Box" isn't going to tell Adrian until Saturday, who else is she going to talk to? Tedd? Edward? Someone else?

Crap's supposed to hit the fan on Friday which means Adrian's supposed to be attacked before Pandora will get a chance to tell him. I hope he doesn't get killed before she is able to tell him, I can't imagine what would happen if he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn. Saturday. After the vampire apocalypse. Precognition failed.

I would expect that Pandora having child with Blaike also included some hugging and other things which were not strictly speaking "empowering and guiding" ...

... although there was always option that Blaike started it and she just "defended".

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

So if "Box" isn't going to tell Adrian until Saturday, who else is she going to talk to? Tedd? Edward? Someone else?

IMHO Tedd.

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I hope he doesn't get killed before she is able to tell him, I can't imagine what would happen if he did.

Not sure what exactly would happen, but I suppose Pandora will be reset because of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Susan hugged Jerry, but he was facing imminent reset anyway so there wasn't much the other Immortals could do to him.

So Box hugged Sarah.

Does this officially confirm that Sarah is the most huggable member of the cast?

Even more so than Jeremy?

The member of the cast most likely to hug is still Grace.

Edit:  This comic is actually dated Sunday, June 18, 2017.  Will that be a problem in the long term records?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Relevant detail added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Edit:  This comic is actually dated Sunday, June 18, 2017.  Will that be a problem in the long term records?

Every signs point to "Yeah...", plus the odd fact that Dan/the strip calls it Saturday, the site timestamp calls it Sunday, and anyone residing on the not-Americas calls it Monday. The subtle consistency of time is real absent here.

Box hugs Sarah? That is one in my books. *slow nod*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Damn. Saturday. After the vampire apocalypse. Precognition failed

Either Pandora doesn't know anything about the big vampire jamboree on for Friday, or doesn't consider it to be a big problem. I'd lay my cookies on the first proposition.

Dan has built up expectations that Friday Night is going to be at least as big a battle as the one with the bulldog dragon.If Pandora and Voltaire fight each other directly, the collateral damage could level the mall, and maybe more than the mall, at least according to Old Jerry and Voltaire. Or maybe not. Pandora is likely the oldest and therefore the most powerful Immortal, and Voltaire might fine out he is the little mouse to Pandora's hawk.

Anyway, postponing that talk with Adrian strikes me as a sort of Fermat's Last Theorem plot point. That is, Pandora may never be able to give that talk on Saturday because of what happens on Friday. Fermat was a 17th century mathematician who made a notation that he'd discovered a theorem and a proof for it but didn't have room for the proof in the margin of the book he was writing in. Also, he had an appointment: A duel, which he lost. That is, he was killed. 

Edited by Tom Sewell
Added link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Susan hugged Jerry, but he was facing imminent reset anyway so there wasn't much the other Immortals could do to him.

The immortal law doesn't prevent PEOPLE from doing something. The action was clearly initiated by Susan and Jerry hugging her back was self-defense, which is allowed.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Does this officially confirm that Sarah is the most huggable member of the cast?

Is she? This would require rereading of comics and making notes ... I think Elliot get hugged often too.

1 hour ago, Stature said:
3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Edit:  This comic is actually dated Sunday, June 18, 2017.  Will that be a problem in the long term records?

Every signs point to "Yeah...", plus the odd fact that Dan/the strip calls it Saturday, the site timestamp calls it Sunday, and anyone residing on the not-Americas calls it Monday. The subtle consistency of time is real absent here.

Note that the exact timestamp for comic, as visible in image filename, is 1497838656 aka Monday 19th June 2017 02:17:36 AM GMT.

41 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Either Pandora doesn't know anything about the big vampire jamboree on for Friday, or doesn't consider it to be a big problem. I'd lay my cookies on the first proposition.

Agree, she will be surprised. But it shows that she really isn't so all-knowing as she claims.

41 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Dan has built up expectations that Friday Night is going to be at least as big a battle as the one with the bulldog dragon.

I think this might be bigger than Damien. In fact, I already fear that Dan won't be able to make it up to the expectation, because all battles he shown were relatively small and quick.

41 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

If Pandora and Voltaire fight each other directly, the collateral damage could level the mall, and maybe more than the mall, at least according to Old Jerry and Voltaire. Or maybe not. Pandora is likely the oldest and therefore the most powerful Immortal, and Voltaire might fine out he is the little mouse to Pandora's hawk.

If they will be fighting on astral plane, there will be NO collateral damage. If they will be fighting on physical plane, both will be reset quickly.

41 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Anyway, postponing that talk with Adrian strikes me as a sort of Fermat's Last Theorem plot point. That is, Pandora may never be able to give that talk on Saturday because of what happens on Friday.

Dan DID promised we will get the answers before end of the arc AND currently Pandora is only one who may do it (Heka is unlikely to leave Egypt and Voltaire likely don't know everything). So she WILL tell someone. This someone, however, may not be Adrian.

How she described the reset it even suggests there is no option for her to tell it while being reset, as sort of last words.

41 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Fermat was a 17th century mathematician who made a notation that he'd discovered a theorem and a proof for it but didn't have room for the proof in the margin of the book he was writing in. Also, he had an appointment: A duel, which he lost. That is, he was killed. 

That would be quite accomplishment, considering the the note on the margin was written in 1637 and he died in 1665. Also, based on how hard was to do the proof, it is generally believed Fermat didn't actually had it (or, possibly, only proved it partially).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

If they will be fighting on astral plane, there will be NO collateral damage. If they will be fighting on physical plane, both will be reset quickly.

Fighting on the astral plane? I don't think that would happen very often, since there seem to be many such planes and it is canon that most Immortals are invisible to each other most of the time. Pandora is likely to have enough power and knowledge to find any other immortal if she knows to look for them, though, and I think in that situation Voltaire would deliberately stay on the physical plane near Adrian, in the expectation that Pandora will be worried about resetting, and that she would be afraid of harming her son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Note that the exact timestamp for comic, as visible in image filename, is 1497838656 aka Monday 19th June 2017 02:17:36 AM GMT.

(...)

Bottom line, pretty broken.

Ooh, pretty light...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That would be quite accomplishment, considering the the note on the margin was written in 1637 and he died in 1665. Also, based on how hard was to do the proof, it is generally believed Fermat didn't actually had it (or, possibly, only proved it partially).

Hoisted on the petard of my own laziness once again. However, that is the popular legend about Fermat, appropriate to the trope I'm describing. What this scene could be setting up is Sarah talking to Adrian in the aftermath about his mother talking to her the night before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how Dan is going to choreograph the Friday Night Fights. We know Susan and Diane are going to be at the mall, but there's no indication Voltaire, Sirleck, or Magus are even aware of them.

What's the purpose of the massed vampire attack? For Magus, it would have to be to draw in Ellen and Elliot to do battle, giving Magus a chance to set up a sibling zap in the confusion of combat. But it doesn't have to be at the Mall, does it?

So what's Sirleck really aiming for now? How about this: possessing Adrian. Sirleck would figure this would be maybe the only way he can protect himself from Pandora's wrath. Plus, Adrian is unaging, so Sirleck would no longer need to constantly find new bodies when the old ones wear out (presuming Sirleck doesn't gradually kill his hosts).

Exactly what Voltaire is up to is anyone's guess. Whatever it is, it makes perfect sense to him--but maybe not to anyone else, or at least anyone else who is sane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have and think I did, bet scores of $Q that this chapter was going to end with all the feels.  The feels are starting now.  Either this is going to be over faster than I suspect The Dan is capable of doing :-) or the real end of the arc is going to make me VERY glad my anti-depression medication seems to be working way much better now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Hoisted on the petard of my own laziness once again. However, that is the popular legend about Fermat, appropriate to the trope I'm describing. What this scene could be setting up is Sarah talking to Adrian in the aftermath about his mother talking to her the night before.

I think you mixed Fermat up with Galois, who wrote a treatise on what would become group theory, then died in a duel before it could be vetted (probably not actually the next day, though that's the legend).

It was published a decade later; the duel was among the events leading to the riots of 1832, which it is impossible to discuss without singing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Does this officially confirm that Sarah is the most huggable member of the cast?

Sarahhugs.png

There are probably others, but I can't recall if Ellen was ever seen hugging Sarah, pretty certain neither Justin nor Nanase have hugged Sarah as well. I mean Sarah's hugged Nanase, but I was specifically looking for cases where Sarah was the one being hugged instead of doing the hugging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If they will be fighting on astral plane, there will be NO collateral damage. If they will be fighting on physical plane, both will be reset quickly.

Fighting on the astral plane? I don't think that would happen very often, since there seem to be many such planes and it is canon that most Immortals are invisible to each other most of the time. Pandora is likely to have enough power and knowledge to find any other immortal if she knows to look for them, though, and I think in that situation Voltaire would deliberately stay on the physical plane near Adrian, in the expectation that Pandora will be worried about resetting, and that she would be afraid of harming her son.

Hmmmm ... didn't took into account Voltaire will likely use the physical plane to HIDE.

Obviously, fighting on astral plane might happen if both immortals think THEY will win.

16 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

What this scene could be setting up is Sarah talking to Adrian in the aftermath about his mother talking to her the night before.

Sooo, you expect that based on those hints Adrian will be able to deduce what Pandora wanted to tell him? That would be Sherlock Holmes style accomplishment.

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I wonder how Dan is going to choreograph the Friday Night Fights. We know Susan and Diane are going to be at the mall, but there's no indication Voltaire, Sirleck, or Magus are even aware of them.

What's the purpose of the massed vampire attack? For Magus, it would have to be to draw in Ellen and Elliot to do battle, giving Magus a chance to set up a sibling zap in the confusion of combat. But it doesn't have to be at the Mall, does it?

Well, there only needs to be some reason for them to be at Mall ...

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

So what's Sirleck really aiming for now? How about this: possessing Adrian. Sirleck would figure this would be maybe the only way he can protect himself from Pandora's wrath. Plus, Adrian is unaging, so Sirleck would no longer need to constantly find new bodies when the old ones wear out (presuming Sirleck doesn't gradually kill his hosts).

I don't think Sirleck is brave enough to try possessing Adrian even when distracted by vampires. Also, Sirleck plans to possess Magus.

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Exactly what Voltaire is up to is anyone's guess. Whatever it is, it makes perfect sense to him--but maybe not to anyone else, or at least anyone else who is sane.

Probably magic reset. Seer is already in "correct" mood (traumatized), just causing enough public magic sightings might be enough to trigger magic reset and if Tedd wouldn't get better meanwhile, it may end up as Voltaire wants ... not sure how exactly, but somehow.

2 hours ago, WR...S said:

I think you mixed Fermat up with Galois, who wrote a treatise on what would become group theory, then died in a duel before it could be vetted (probably not actually the next day, though that's the legend).

However, he expected he will die and got some time to write everything down.

2 hours ago, WR...S said:

It was published a decade later; the duel was among the events leading to the riots of 1832, which it is impossible to discuss without singing.

Victor Hugo managed to wrote it in prose just fine.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Sarahhugs.png

There are probably others, but I can't recall if Ellen was ever seen hugging Sarah, pretty certain neither Justin nor Nanase have hugged Sarah as well. I mean Sarah's hugged Nanase, but I was specifically looking for cases where Sarah was the one being hugged instead of doing the hugging.

I would prefer links. Filled here, as this is important topic for research. But yes, it seems this would be hard to beat, especially with the additional "hugged unexpectedly".

The most serious competition would be Elliot, but ... while the hug from Grace is clear, the ones from buldog dragon, Catalina and Nanase might be declared "not hug enough" ...

Susan probably won't win but her score would be surprisingly high considering her problems with being touched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think Sirleck is brave enough to try possessing Adrian even when distracted by vampires. Also, Sirleck plans to possess Magus.

Ummm, so Sirleck is brave enough to organize an attack on Pandora's son? I think you're right about the cowardice, but Sirleck has to know that Pandora is very, very smart and will likely track him down even if it isn't apparent that he organized the attack. If Sirleck knows about Immortals resetting, he may be angling to force Pandora to reset so she'll forget that she needs to kill him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think Sirleck is brave enough to try possessing Adrian even when distracted by vampires. Also, Sirleck plans to possess Magus.

Ummm, so Sirleck is brave enough to organize an attack on Pandora's son? I think you're right about the cowardice, but Sirleck has to know that Pandora is very, very smart and will likely track him down even if it isn't apparent that he organized the attack. If Sirleck knows about Immortals resetting, he may be angling to force Pandora to reset so she'll forget that she needs to kill him.

Sirleck wouldn't be only one who is braver on distance. He may assume either Pandora will be reset, or that she will not find out who organized the attack ; meanwhile, attacking Adrian would be risking Adrian will destroy him AND if successful, he would have no chance hiding from Pandora.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Sirleck wouldn't be only one who is braver on distance. He may assume either Pandora will be reset, or that she will not find out who organized the attack ; meanwhile, attacking Adrian would be risking Adrian will destroy him AND if successful, he would have no chance hiding from Pandora.

I kind of think the old man Sirleck was riding was smarter. Not nicer, but smarter, because he probably made most of the large fortune Sirleck didn't have time (or enough smarts) to loot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I would prefer links. Filled here, as this is important topic for research. But yes, it seems this would be hard to beat, especially with the additional "hugged unexpectedly".

The most serious competition would be Elliot, but ... while the hug from Grace is clear, the ones from buldog dragon, Catalina and Nanase might be declared "not hug enough" ...

Eh, I just wanted an excuse to make a collage of Sarah being hugged.

32 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Sirleck wouldn't be only one who is braver on distance. He may assume either Pandora will be reset, or that she will not find out who organized the attack ; meanwhile, attacking Adrian would be risking Adrian will destroy him AND if successful, he would have no chance hiding from Pandora.

I kind of think the old man Sirleck was riding was smarter. Not nicer, but smarter, because he probably made most of the large fortune Sirleck didn't have time (or enough smarts) to loot.

There is the fact that Sirleck thinks that Adrian belongs to one of the Immortals who are watching Elliot, who've also been improperly (or forced to) reset in the past year or so, so he doesn't think they are a threat to him. That's why he's being brave, because he's an idiot. If he had mentioned Adrian to Magus, Magus would be all "Are you insane!? That's Chaos' son!" and Sirleck would likely make his host crap themself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There is the fact that Sirleck thinks that Adrian belongs to one of the Immortals who are watching Elliot, who've also been improperly (or forced to) reset in the past year or so, so he doesn't think they are a threat to him.

Not true. Sirleck knew who Magus was working with when he bribed the security officer so that Elliot would have access to the dewitchery diamond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're right. Voltaire deliberately misled Sirleck, although technically "one of those Immortals" isn't exactly a like since it only implied that Helena was the Immortal who was Adrian's mother. "Those Immortals" can also mean all immortals. Maybe Voltaire was being cute to skirt Immortal law, or maybe he just likes being so clever. Probably both, but Voltaire definitely loves showing off his awesomeness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Ummm, so Sirleck is brave enough to organize an attack on Pandora's son? I think you're right about the cowardice, but Sirleck has to know that Pandora is very, very smart and will likely track him down even if it isn't apparent that he organized the attack. If Sirleck knows about Immortals resetting, he may be angling to force Pandora to reset so she'll forget that she needs to kill him.

I'm thinking the "need to kill someone" might be a thing that survives a reset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

You're right. Voltaire deliberately misled Sirleck, although technically "one of those Immortals" isn't exactly a like since it only implied that Helena was the Immortal who was Adrian's mother. "Those Immortals" can also mean all immortals. Maybe Voltaire was being cute to skirt Immortal law, or maybe he just likes being so clever. Probably both, but Voltaire definitely loves showing off his awesomeness.

Yeah, but Sirleck's task was to distract the two immortals who are watching Elliot. Earlier that night, Voltaire had Abner contact Sirleck to inform him that the vampire distraction was working. Then shortly after, we have Voltaire pretending to be Abner to feed Sirleck the tidbit about Adrian, and Voltaire didn't say anything about mother or father, just that one of them has a half human kid. There was nothing about that call that suggests that Voltaire was referring to anyone other than Helena and Demetrius. Beside later we have Sirleck going over the plan to have vampires attack Adrian, he states "those two immortals must be distracted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scotty said:

There is the fact that Sirleck thinks that Adrian belongs to one of the Immortals who are watching Elliot, who've also been improperly (or forced to) reset in the past year or so, so he doesn't think they are a threat to him. That's why he's being brave, because he's an idiot. If he had mentioned Adrian to Magus, Magus would be all "Are you insane!? That's Chaos' son!" and Sirleck would likely make his host crap themself.

Good point. Also, yes, would totally crap his host.

54 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe Voltaire was being cute to skirt Immortal law, or maybe he just likes being so clever. Probably both, but Voltaire definitely loves showing off his awesomeness.

Immortals on THIS half of earth CAN lie, but note that Pandora was also avoiding direct lie when talking with Sarah ... so, either it's because they actually WERE on the other half and don't want to get out of practice OR it's just more fun like this for them.

31 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm thinking the "need to kill someone" might be a thing that survives a reset.

I think that if she would VOW to kill him, she would end up remembering it at least as well as Helena and Demetrius remember they need to protect Elliot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There was nothing about that call that suggests that Voltaire was referring to anyone other than Helena and Demetrius.

Yes. Like I said, not a lie, but a partial truth given with intent to mislead. Voltaire isn't just setting up Adrian; he's setting up Sirleck.

I wonder what part Abner the detective will play in this arc. And did he get that fedora from The Teague?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now