• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

Pinup: Sunday, May 1, 2016 (Werewolf Nanase Transformation)

Edward Haag

a day ago
In "Classic" werewolf lore, transforming back to human form is always accompanied by a moment of confusion. Or at least a "Oh My God what have I just done?" I guess Werewolf Nanase has more control over herself in werewolf form than I gave her credit for. :-P

Ah, but note the ears and tail.  Nanase is not yet fully human in the last panel  Therefore she is not yet due for that particular crisis of conscience.

On another matter, am I the only one who thinks the weirdest part of the sequence are the gloves and slippers in the last two panels?

21 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ah, but note the ears and tail.  Nanase is not yet fully human in the last panel  Therefore she is not yet due for that particular crisis of conscience.

On another matter, am I the only one who thinks the weirdest part of the sequence are the gloves and slippers in the last two panels?

This is why I think this is Sarah's imagining of a Nanase werewolf in the magikal card game. Oh, actually I just confirmed it is! Although it does appear Dan changed the colour of the hands and feet for the full werewolf form, dunno if intentional or accidental though.

On 5/1/2016 at 0:45 PM, Scotty said:

That's an... interesting look in the 5th frame of the sequence.

Yes, I do like the teasing expression, with the tongue stuck out.

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Well, it is aptly named "Not-So-Werewolf". Plus, pin-ups are supposed to be cheeky.

And that is why wolves are not domesticated. :demonicduck:

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Yeah, it's the only thing slightly bothering me about the sequence...the colors inverted. Her fur on the feet and hands changed color into the same color that her body fur was...while the body fur went away. Just feels odd, like she has slippers and gloves on rather than those being natural due to still being in transition from werewolf form.* Otherwise I quite like it.

*unless she's supposed to be fully human in the last image, and those are literally slippers and gloves?

... I think the reverse sequence would make more sense. Of course, reverse sequence would show the "point" first, so ...

On 05/01/2016 at 1:17 AM, Scotty said:

I think Dan's basing the sequence not as this actually being Nanase, but in the same context as Susan, Elliot and Justin being portrayed as Magikal Card monsters as imagined by Sarah.

I though it's obviously Foxy.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

... ok, something being obvious doesn't mean it's true :)

2 hours ago, Matoyak said:

Her fur on the feet and hands changed color into the same color that her body fur was...while the body fur went away. Just feels odd, like she has slippers and gloves on rather than those being natural due to still being in transition from werewolf form.

Agree, the color scheme of those two forms from Sarah's game is better.

On 5/3/2016 at 7:45 PM, Matoyak said:

Yeah, it's the only thing slightly bothering me about the sequence...the colors inverted. Her fur on the feet and hands changed color into the same color that her body fur was...while the body fur went away. Just feels odd, like she has slippers and gloves on rather than those being natural due to still being in transition from werewolf form.* Otherwise I quite like it.

*unless she's supposed to be fully human in the last image, and those are literally slippers and gloves?

Could this be a reference to legends where clothing made from.a real wolf is used to transform?

Dan often posts sketchbook or pin-up pics to Patreon  a few days before they hit the other pages.

The idea is that no one needs to pay to see the pics, but those who do contribute through Patreon get to see some of the pics a little earlier.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Dan often posts sketchbook or pin-up pics to Patreon  a few days before they hit the other pages.

The idea is that no one needs to pay to see the pics, but those who do contribute through Patreon get to see some of the pics a little earlier.

I'm aware that the pin-ups are first posted to Patreon and available only for paying people, and only later made available for everyone. I just though that they will be made available for everyone on Patreon and on the tumblr at same time. But actually, the tumblr ends with JANUARY's pin-ups. The (end of) March batch didn't got there yet.

Yeah, that's not how werewolves work. But who cares, this is probably just Sarah's imagination since she imagined her werewolf self with weird paws too. Also, wow, that fifth Nanase either still has the mind of an animal or whoever she's looking at is about to become very happy.

46 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Yeah, that's not how werewolves work. But who cares, this is probably just Sarah's imagination since she imagined her werewolf self with weird paws too. Also, wow, that fifth Nanase either still has the mind of an animal or whoever she's looking at is about to become very happy

Considering it's Sarah's imagination - or maybe dream - whoever she's looking at is likely Sarah and she will be VERY confused by this. And maybe raises her Kinsey scale number again.

58 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Considering it's Sarah's imagination - or maybe dream - whoever she's looking at is likely Sarah and she will be VERY confused by this. And maybe raises her Kinsey scale number again.

Maybe... Or maybe she just imagines herself as such a sexy wizard woman that her imagination automatically assumes that Nanase would be attracted to her.

16 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Yeah, that's not how werewolves work. But who cares, this is probably just Sarah's imagination since she imagined her werewolf self with weird paws too. Also, wow, that fifth Nanase either still has the mind of an animal or whoever she's looking at is about to become very happy.

Why not both?

Sorry if this is a necromancy post but how the HELL did I miss this one when it came out?????

Freaking naked Nanase and I missed it?  I even get the patreon emails and I Still Missed It.

Frack.