• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

If you've got part of it in your attic, get your condensation downspout checked and make sure it's not plugged. Your HVAC might be kicking *off* instead, due to condensation backing up in your pan and tripping a safety switch.

Trust me. I learned this the hard way. At least have someone check it.

1. Big apartments complexes in Tulsa, Oklahoma don't have attics
  2. It's the heat part of HVAC that's giving me fits, the AC part works just fine.

On H part of HVAC giving me fits.  I turned it down, again, to 70 from 71 and it seems to only kick on about every 45 minutes or so.  Of course I feel like I'm freezing for about 3 hours after I take my meds, but that's what I have a carp ton of fleece blankets for.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Power blinks, for no damn good reason.  It's a clear day, not a cloud in the sky and I had a 3-4 minute long power blink.

It's these summoning rituals. They cause occasional spikes in power consumption. Keep an eye out for the timing and if one happens when the stars are right, run.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

It's these summoning rituals. They cause occasional spikes in power consumption. Keep an eye out for the timing and if one happens when the stars are right, run.

As a Whovian, I'm all in favor of advice to run, but I do have to wonder where exactly you're supposed to run to if an Elder God or Old One is on its way....

1 minute ago, CritterKeeper said:

As a Whovian, I'm all in favor of advice to run, but I do have to wonder where exactly you're supposed to run to if an Elder God or Old One is on its way....

Oh, it won't help, obviously. But it will make you feel better.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Oh, it won't help, obviously. But it will make you feel better.

Actually, if you can work out enough to make your muscle tissue significantly leaner and dryer, the big baddies may lose interest in attempting to eat you.

Or, as Sheb Wooley commented in 1958,

...I heard him say in a voice so gruff, "I wouldn't eat you 'cos you're too tough."
It was a one-eyed one-horned flying purple people eater. It sure looks strange to me

I know I've complained about this before, but it just happened again. 

Why is the bad tasting pill is the one that gets stuck in your mouth when you take a handful of pills at once?  Bleh  I hate that.

I know I've complained about this before, but it just happened again. 

Why is the bad tasting pill is the one that gets stuck in your mouth when you take a handful of pills at once?  Bleh  I hate that.

I dunno, I usually take pills one at a time unless they're pretty small.  My sister had an awful-tasting pill she had to take, and she would always take it with chocolate milk to help cover up the bad taste.  :-)

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

I dunno, I usually take pills one at a time unless they're pretty small.  My sister had an awful-tasting pill she had to take, and she would always take it with chocolate milk to help cover up the bad taste.  :-)

Yes, that would be the smart thing to do.  No one has ever said I always do the smart thing:P

Micro kidney stones that doesn't want to pass. I have peed more in the last 12 hours than I normally do in 3 days, measured in attempts not volume.  And I may be pushing the danger range for drinking water.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Micro kidney stones that doesn't want to pass. I have peed more in the last 12 hours than I normally do in 3 days, measured in attempts not volume.  And I may be pushing the danger range for drinking water.

Ugh. Sorry to hear. Get better soon.

41 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Ugh. Sorry to hear. Get better soon.

I get micro stones about once every 6 weeks or so.  Doctor says and I quote "sucks to be you".  There doesn't seem to be any thing cheap they can do about it, and not much expensive either.  I've been told that if one doesn't go away in 10 days or so, go back to the clinic and let them do an ultra sound to see if it's big enough to warrant surgery or some thing like that.  Odds are it will not.  I've been told to reduce my salt intake (which was fairly low to start with), drink lots of fluids and to NOT reduce the amount of calcium I get.  The not reduce calcium is the reverse of normal for stones.  That's why when you first get them they want you to filter you pee so they can find out which of the 4 type you have.  I have "Cystine Stones", which are more or less genetic in nature.  They come in two versions, mine, which tend to be small, or the slightly more rare version which get way to freaking big.  Fun fact, which type you have can switch for no good reason, hence the if it doesn't pass go to the clinic advice.

My other side of the building neighbors take showers or baths almost every night around midnight. I assume that they work a graveyard shift, but it's still slightly annoyed.  I'm feeling a bit antisocial of late, please be advised.

14 minutes ago, mlooney said:

My other side of the building neighbors take showers or baths almost every night around midnight. I assume that they work a graveyard shift, but it's still slightly annoyed.  I'm feeling a bit antisocial of late, please be advised.

I have been at one time one of those people, for a couple years I worked at a place that processed pearl onions for pickling, the conditions in the building were very hot and sweaty and I the 3pm-11pm shift always had me coming home close to midnight and there was no way I was going to bed smelling like I was swimming in onions and brine.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I have been at one time one of those people, for a couple years I worked at a place that processed pearl onions for pickling, the conditions in the building were very hot and sweaty and I the 3pm-11pm shift always had me coming home close to midnight and there was no way I was going to bed smelling like I was swimming in onions and brine.

Oh, I understand why they are doing it, but understanding and not being irritated by it are not the same.

Wasn't just you.

On the plus side, you can edit with out doing weird things.  Sort of.  White on light grey is tricky to read, but it's better than white on white.

Insert other media seems to be broken but img tags work if you enter them "by hand" in source mode.

[edit 2]  Could be just Cox "High Speed?  You want that?" Cable is actually doing what I'm paying them for, but it seems faster.

Other option, which doesn't make me happy, is that the server has less load on it due to no one being hear after the latest crash.

Same here and the pages look completely different today.

On the plus side, you can edit with out doing weird things.  Sort of.  White on light grey is tricky to read, but it's better than white on white.

Believe me this pleases me no end.

As far as the topic goes, falling asleep with keys or other similar item in your pocket.