• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

I have just rediscovered how much I really like canned pineapple.  For what it's worth the Aldi's house brand seems to be the best out there.

So, yeah, lunch was a full size can or pineapple and Dr Pepper.    I've saved the juice for something later tonight.  I suspect I'll mix it with water, a dash or two of lemon juice and maybe a tea spoon of sugar.  Or I might just drink it straight.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have just rediscovered how much I really like canned pineapple.  For what it's worth the Aldi's house brand seems to be the best out there.

So, yeah, lunch was a full size can or pineapple and Dr Pepper.    I've saved the juice for something later tonight.  I suspect I'll mix it with water, a dash or two of lemon juice and maybe a tea spoon of sugar.  Or I might just drink it straight.

DON'T PUT IT ON PIZZA

25 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

DON'T PUT IT ON PIZZA

Normally not.  And damn sure not the juice.  Speaking of which I think I am going to order a pizza for supper.  Thanks for the idea.  No pineapple :-)

[edit] Papa John's claims to have a "pan" pizza.  I'm about to find out about it.

20 hours ago, mlooney said:

Papa John's claims to have a "pan" pizza.  I'm about to find out about it.

Just means slightly thicker crust than their normal.  I give it a "meh" on the scale of "Barf to Ambrosia1" May or may not order again.

1Food of the Gods version, not the weird fruit salad version.

Certainly not the Tilapia that was cooked for supper, the first bite tasted like a moldy dry pile of firewood, that got spit out pretty quickly. Had to be content with just eating rice, boiled baby carrots, and a couple of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies for dessert.

Many, many pills.

With tea.

However, I had time this afternoon to enjoy a couple of glasses of Jester King Brewery's Kvass farmhouse ale. You should see the pictures of how they used farmhouse-style bread in the brewing process. The end result is a bright, refreshing ale with just a 3.4% alcohol-by-volume rating. Easy to enjoy without getting smashed. I hope they brew another batch of it, since they've only done one batch so far.

EDIT: I sent them e-mail and got an almost immediate reply. They said they're going to brew more!

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I had time this afternoon to enjoy a couple of glasses of Jester King Brewery's Kvass farmhouse ale.

I wish I could do that.  Herr Doktor schrumpft was quite explicit that if I take either Ativan or Restoril even 3.x level alcohol is Right Out.  Not to take either if I had a drink with in 4 hours before and not to drink within 6 hours after.  With my blood pressure and blood sugar issues, coma is a possibility and he takes that very very seriously.  He is also a beer snob, so he does under stand why I might want to push it, but I think he had another patient have a reaction so his is more careful than a might be expected.  That is a guess on my part, but it fits the facts.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I wish I could do that.  Herr Doktor schrumpft was quite explicit that if I take either Ativan or Restoril even 3.x level alcohol is Right Out.  Not to take either if I had a drink with in 4 hours before and not to drink within 6 hours after.  With my blood pressure and blood sugar issues, coma is a possibility and he takes that very very seriously.  He is also a beer snob, so he does under stand why I might want to push it, but I think he had another patient have a reaction so his is more careful than a might be expected.  That is a guess on my part, but it fits the facts.

While I sympathise, I also heartily approve of Herr Doktor's strong desire to keep you among the rest of us where you can post your thoughts and regale us with tales of Signor Mlunatico's latest escapades.

One of the reasons I wanted German food a while ago is that Siegi's, the better of the two German restaurants in town, also sells their brats and other German food stuffs.  After we had the Outback steaks, we went shopping at Reasor's, a local chain of supermarkets.  I bought 2 packages of their house brand brats.  Today when cooking them, I noticed on the package that they were, in fact, made by Siegi's.  Win all around.

On 2/10/2017 at 1:02 AM, mlooney said:

I have to plan very carefully in order to imbibe. An early wake-up time and pill-dosing is required, and I have to skip my midday dose (hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, and lorazepam) to allow enough time to recover on both sides. Coma is thankfully not an issue for me, but seizures are if I do things wrong.

That said, a week from tomorrow (Sunday) will involve a good deal of planning, because Mrs. Prof and I will be attending a substitute for the Super Bowl party that was canceled at one of my friends' house due to kids with the flu. It's going to be a craft brew party. I'll be providing the following:

With the exception of the last item, all will be in 22 oz. bottles. I wanted to bring cheese from Chimay to match the Grande Réserve, but I can't locate any. Instead, I'm going to bring some good Aged Gouda, which is supposed to match up well with the Lion's Share IV Anniversary Ale. (N.B. - I've normally been the designated cheese provider for our parties, dating back to the mid-1990s.) (I'm also expected to bring a plain, yellow cheddar for the daughter of the host, but I'm not going to settle for Cracker Barrel or some cheap grocery store drek. I'll pick something from Central Market for her that she'll like.)

39 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Martin House Brewing's "Turtle Power" Blackberry Altbier (one 12 ounce can, just for novelty's sake)

I thought I'd be letting my childhood get the better of me when I saw that, but then I looked at the page and I was not disappointed.

Adult mutant highly-martial-arts-trained turtles?!?! Awesome!… this bier is Donatello smart with Mikey party. F**k Rafael. He’s a d**k

:D

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

With tea? :)

Personally had an oven-baked breaded cod filet sandwich tonight. With tea.

Too late to have any thing with caffeine.

Had Indian food at the cheaper of the two "major" Indian places in town.  A side effect of my current medication is low appetite, so I brought home left overs.  I now have, between it and the pizza, about a weeks worth of ready to eat food.  Too bad I don't have a microwave, but most of the stuff I have isn't bad cold.

Now digesting chocolate (70% cacao w/nibs) from the Dominican Republic, thanks to Mrs. Prof who just returned from her cruise Sunday night.

She also brought back some tourista mini-bottles of triple sec from Curaçao (different colors, all still triple sec), along with some rum-raisin liqueur and some coffee liqueur from the same distillery. Can't have those at the moment, thanks to the hydrocodone I'm taking for the sciatica.

6 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Do we need to start a GoFundMe page to get you a microwave oven?

No, it's not a money issue, I have no space to put one in.  My kitchen is so small I've done things like move the coffee machine to my bedroom.  I could, in theory, put a microwave in the part of the living room right next to the kitchen, but there is a serious lack of electrical plug in that area.