• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

53 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The worst tasting booze mixed with the worst tasting carbonated beverage.

You have never had Afri-cola I take it.  Among other things it uses both sugar and Saccharin, saccharine as a flavor.  God it's horrible.  The great wiki tells me it has changed it recipe two or three times after I drank it, but seems to have reverted back to the original one.  Bleh.

On a more current note, just had the last brots and tea of 2016, based on when I will have shopping money.

A client bought the whole practice lunch today, from a very nice Italian place.  Salad, bread, lasagne, fettuccini alfredo, some kind of chicken ("saltimbocca"), and pizza with real slices of mozzarella cheese on it.  Oh, and a large regular bundt cake and two smaller ones, chocolate and red velvet.  The boss brought a variety of sodas.  We marked off a little extra time for lunch and kinda turned it into a party.  :-)

Pan grilled pork chops, more or less home made lemonade and a cup of tea.  For the first time in quite a while I managed to not dry out the chops and they still be done.  I count that as a win.

Just had some fajitas.  David and I decided that we would do a quick dinner then scurry to our respective hiding places and not do the New Years thing.

I just had a bowl of grits, with butter, sugar and raspberry jam.  I am now sorry, because I feel I will never get that combination of texture, taste and temperature ever again.  I may have had the platonic ideal of sweet grits.  Damn that was good.

On the plus side my first meal of 2017 was just about perfect.  I'm am taking this as a sign that this prime number year may be prime, and not just as a number.  We can hope.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I just had a bowl of grits, with butter, sugar and raspberry jam.  I am now sorry, because I feel I will never get that combination of texture, taste and temperature ever again.

I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh no!

Alas, I have still not managed the platonic ideal of a bowl of oatmeal.  I am coming closer with each attempt, but the ideal bowl of cooked oats seem to be just beyond my reach, at least for now.  At least I've gotten past the oatmeal soup era.

26 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Alas, I have still not managed the platonic ideal of a bowl of oatmeal.  I am coming closer with each attempt, but the ideal bowl of cooked oats seem to be just beyond my reach, at least for now.  At least I've gotten past the oatmeal soup era.

My platonic ideal of oatmeal is maple and brown sugar of the Quaker variety.

Panera brand "kettle-cooked" potato chips, which are highly salted.  That first drink of sweat milky tea after eating the bag of chips was, well, odd.

Will not repeat.  Actually the only reason I had the chips is David's family got them as some part of a sandwich deal.  I should have know that there was something off about them when two teenagers didn't want them.  The package claims on 6% of the daily amount of sodium, but they tasted like more.  It's still 150mg.

Important cooking note that I knew but forgot:
Do not put a thin coat of olive oil on the bottom of the pan you are going to grill port cutlets on and leave the heat up too high.  It will smoke and add a horrid carbon taste to the cutlets. They were still tender and juicy, but if they were not the last of the bunch I would have tossed 2 of them.   Trying to scrape the burnt bit off didn't help either.  I'm drinking a strong (as in lots of lemon, not with alcohol in it) lemonade to try and get the taste out of my mouth.  I'm surprised the fire alarm didn't go off, I know it works...

Edited by mlooney
Grammer. I don't have it.

I just found out that there is actually a delivery service in Tulsa.  That delivers from several of my favorite restaurants.   This could be a bad thing.  However I am going to order some Chicken Tikka once Desi Wok opens.  After last night and this morning I need some comfort food.  The fact that Indian food is comfort food for a white boy in fly over country is beside the point.

58 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The fact that Indian food is comfort food for a white boy in fly over country is beside the point.

Don't feel bad. Comfort food for my son is Japanese curry. I taught him the basics of how to make it, and he took it and ran with it.