• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

709 posts in this topic

Just got back from The Outback.  Less than meh.  Plus the service sucked, so I suspect David and I will not be returning.  On the plus side, their cheese fries are actually rather good.

The Old Hack likes this

The Sam's Club stuffed bell peppers weren't bad. The peppers themselves I could have done without, but the stuffing topped with cheese was actually quite palatable.

One thing I'm glad she did bring back from Sam's Club is a pack of single serve containers of Sabra hummus. We don't have pita for dipping, so I've been forced to improvise. Triscuit works well, but some of the flavored Triscuit varieties overpower the hummus. Experimentation continues.

On 3/24/2017 at 10:45 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

Tomato Basil soup from Sam's Club. It's actually rather good. Surprisingly so.

More of the same today. This time, I've left enough so that Mrs. Prof can have some, too.  ^_^

The Old Hack likes this

Chicken Kow, because I was in the middle of a dental with twenty extractions and didn't get a chance to peruse the menu of the unfamiliar Chinese place the staff was getting food from.  Chicken Kow is generally chicken and mixed vegetables in a very boring sauce, which I can at least be sure I can eat, as opposed to picking something that sounds interesting but possibly finding it unsatisfying or inedible,

My fortune cookie reads "You business will be successful."

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Chicken Kow

Wasn't that on Nickelodeon a few years back?

Twenty extractions? What sort of creature was it that needed half of its teeth pulled all at once?

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Twenty extractions? What sort of creature was it that needed half of its teeth pulled all at once?

A small dog.  They're prone to dental disease.  When you selectively breed to make dogs smaller, their teeth don't shrink as quickly as their heads and jaws do, so they wind up with proportionally much bigger teeth and much less bone around them, meaning any loss of bone from dental disease is much more significant.  This poor girl is only seven, but we found and treated a lot of dental disease that was invivsible below the gumline, so we're hoping she'll be much more comfortable now and get a good long time of healthy teeth and gums if the owners start brushing regularly.