• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Last Post Wins

8 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Croquet's a bit like what you Yankees call golf only the mallets you use carry a lot more authority.

Croquet mallets are all wood.  Golf clubs are a mix of wood and iron.  On the other hand, in Croquet there are times you can knock your opponent's ball off the playing field.  In Golf, you need to wait for your opponent to drive his own ball into the rough.  My opponents don't need to wait very long for that...

On 1/29/2019 at 4:16 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Croquet mallets are all wood.

Only if you're playing the boring way. Real croquet is played with flamingos.

3 hours ago, Illjwamh said:

Only if you're playing the boring way. Real croquet is played with flamingos.

I thought you were joking...

FG0ZCGPGPBDHOHS.LARGE.jpg

Ooooh wait, that was an "Alice in Wonderland" reference, I should have looked further in the image search. It's been a while...

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ooooh wait, that was an "Alice in Wonderland" reference, I should have looked further in the image search. It's been a while...

Lol. Yes, it was.

Also, I feel compelled to point out that "sticky wicket" refers to cricket, not croquet.

Or extra-strong polymer heads, for players of Extreme Croquet.  I first heard about it from Donna Andrews's marvelous Meg Langston mysteries, in this case No Nest For the Wicket.  Each book's title has some sort of play on bird names, and each book also features a new event or hobby or obsession, such as weddings, revolutionary war reenactment, a computer gaming company, a giant yard sale gone out of control, and yes, Extreme Croquet.  She's a great author and every book is a fun read.  :-)

On 2/6/2019 at 11:52 PM, The Old Hack said:

Enough is the enemy of extreme.

More like frienemies.

But enough is as good as a feast.  Mary Poppins said it, and she's practically perfect, so it must be true!

27 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

But enough is as good as a feast.  Mary Poppins said it, and she's practically perfect, so it must be true!

The Ferengi would disagree. As the 97th Rule of Acquisition states, "Enough... is never enough."

54 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

As the 97th Rule of Acquisition states, "Enough... is never enough."

And what could be the motivation for distributing Ferengi wisdom without demanding anything in return?
Remember the 59th Rule.  "Free advice is seldom cheap."

5 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And what could be the motivation for distributing Ferengi wisdom without demanding anything in return?
Remember the 59th Rule.  "Free advice is seldom cheap."

Good. Good. Let the greed flow.

6 hours ago, OzLionHeart said:

Polo!

*gallops through on a pony, swinging a mallet*

Hey! You can't bring horses into the pool!!!

To be frank no, I don't think so. Last thing I remember was trying to go there myself, but it appears as though I got sidetracked.

Oh well, TRAVELLER RETURNING.