• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Monday October 31, 2016

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah ... anyone we know being killed would surprise me a lot. Damien was, sure, but he was really special case. I just hope EGS won't became as bad as Batman or Superman with "no killing for any reason" ...

I greatly prefer that to the 90s opposite extreme of guns constantly blaring and no leaving anything behind alive for any reason.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah ... anyone we know being killed would surprise me a lot. Damien was, sure, but he was really special case. I just hope EGS won't became as bad as Batman or Superman with "no killing for any reason" ...

I greatly prefer that to the 90s opposite extreme of guns constantly blaring and no leaving anything behind alive for any reason.

11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Agreed.  It makes for some great dialogue, such as Superman to Batman in "Kingdom Come" (printed in the 90s). 

"Peel away everything the Batman is, you find someone who just doesn't want to see anybody die."

14 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That's at least more realistic. Although, obviously, what I would prefer is some sort of middle way.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Dan has had a tough time dealing with how he shows death in EGS, Blaike is a perfect example of it.

And we hardly knew him.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Mind you it's easier when it's dealing with monsters that are truly evil, like vampires and goo monsters. But for humans, it's more difficult

Also, not sure if vampires are still considered alive (although they are not undead in EGS, so maybe yes.)

We currently have two examples of human villains who survived their defeat: Abraham - who would hopefully really end up with parts of head buried in ground if he wouldn't promise - and NotTengu, who survived his fall but not because of "heroes" going out of their way to help him. And most importantly, we don't have ANY villain surviving defeat twice. So, so far good.

Despite what we are saying about bad Tom, Rich or Larry, any of main cast killing them would be overkill.

37 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, not sure if vampires are still considered alive (although they are not undead in EGS, so maybe yes.)

They're technically not vampires in the sense that media has portrayed them, they're aberrations, vampire is just easy to understand because they're feeding habits are vampiric. And they've basically given up their humanity for near immortality.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

We currently have two examples of human villains who survived their defeat: Abraham - who would hopefully really end up with parts of head buried in ground if he wouldn't promise

I wouldn't consider Abraham a true villain though, he was misguided by his guilt over failing to remove the noble's curse properly (he was supposed to use the diamond as payment for a more skilled wizard to remove the curse, but he thought he could do it himself) and had convinced himself that anything created by the diamond must be monsters and it was his duty to kill them before they killed others. He did have a moment of doubt when he learn of the nature of Elliot's curse as well, it's just that he only saw black and white when Ellen was a complete grey area which was a foreign concept to him, Nanase showed him the error of his ways. I still think that if we do see him again, he won't jump into "must kill the monster" mode and consider the situation first.

Actually, going to revise my statement a bit:

Anytime a death would be considered tragic, Dan would have difficulty with. Blaike was someone good natured and pure so it was particularly hard to have him die the way he did. People who have the potential for redemption, like Bad Tom and Larry would be hard to do as well because, hey they were just becoming likeable in the case of Larry at least, Bad Tom still has some soul searching to do and only time will tell if anything good comes of it. Susan is in a different tragedy in that she killed a vampire at a young age and it affected her deeply and I wonder if it affected Nanase as well and was why she didn't choose to kill Abraham or Not_Tengu despite the fact that they had intentions of killing her or ones she cared about.

I can see potential issues arising when we see Magus again, cus he's in a position where he could get killed by either someone from the Main Eight, or by Sirleck, or Voltaire and it would be tragic all around because Magus never asked to be in the situation he found himself in and just wanted to get out of it.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

They're technically not vampires in the sense that media has portrayed them, they're aberrations, vampire is just easy to understand because they're feeding habits are vampiric. And they've basically given up their humanity for near immortality.

I know.

So, alive, but not human.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

he was supposed to use the diamond as payment for a more skilled wizard to remove the curse, but he thought he could do it himself

While Adrian was telling him that, it's not "supposed" - that possibility didn't occurred to him, and noone advised it to him until too late.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I wouldn't consider Abraham a true villain though, he was misguided by his guilt over failing to remove the noble's curse properly and had convinced himself that anything created by the diamond must be monsters and it was his duty to kill them before they killed others. He did have a moment of doubt when he learn of the nature of Elliot's curse as well, it's just that he only saw black and white when Ellen was a complete grey area which was a foreign concept to him, Nanase showed him the error of his ways. I still think that if we do see him again, he won't jump into "must kill the monster" mode and consider the situation first.

He was villain of the story line. Yes, he might return as not-a-villain, but he still was villain of the story line. And who knows if all previous copies created by diamond were truly monsters ...

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

and I wonder if it affected Nanase as well and was why she didn't choose to kill Abraham or Not_Tengu despite the fact that they had intentions of killing her or ones she cared about.

Hmmm ... first I though it's the angel form which makes her so good-hearted, or possibly some of her new senses could tell her Abraham was misguided. But it's possible that's how Nanase behaves normally, Ellen didn't shown any of that.

Anyway, they were not ABLE to kill NotTengu until he was unconscious, and killing him after that would really seem too much.

(Classical method for this situation is to pretend to give the villain chance to retaliation and then kill him in self-defense.)

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I can see potential issues arising when we see Magus again, cus he's in a position where he could get killed by either someone from the Main Eight, or by Sirleck, or Voltaire and it would be tragic all around because Magus never asked to be in the situation he found himself in and just wanted to get out of it.

I don't see how someone from the Main Eight would get to kill Magus.

And I hope Sirleck will be killed eventually.

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't see how someone from the Main Eight would get to kill Magus.

I don't really know either, maybe misunderstanding his intentions because of the method he's using, knee-jerk reaction by either Elliot, or maybe more likely Ellen after finding out he's the reason she exists, that does seem rather harsh.

Another possibility would be if Sirleck does possess Magus after he succeed in getting a new body, they have to kill Magus to kill Sirleck. or maybe Magus sacrifices himself to kill Sirleck.