• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
TamarTree

Story Friday October 26 2018

Yay for starburst & bubbles background in panel three! Yay for multi-layer fire-burst background in panel six!

...This is a side of Rhoda that Diane and Lucy probably haven't seen before. (Technically I don't think we've seen it either, but after what we've seen of her with Catalina and in non-canon it doesn't seem too out-there to me; however it would have been pretty shocking back when all we knew of her was her meek and shy side. From what I recall, up to this point when we've seen all three girls together Rhoda has acted in her meek/shy manner; while it's possible she might have acted more confident and outgoing around them off-panel, the dynamics of the group suggest otherwise to me.)

2 hours ago, TamarTree said:

Can't... stop... laughing.

Oh, it is an absolute HOOT! I need to go the laughing bunker now! :D

Also, adding the cursing makes the reaction of Rhoda more hilarious and stiffer, in a sense.

And a delayed reaction from Wednesday... huh. *mutters to self while looking at list*

I still cannot get over the hairstyle of Diane. There needs to be a subtle color boundary. Otherwise, panel 2 makes it look like Diane had a magic scar.

I love Dan's commentary about whether to leave out the swearing or not.

I suspect Rhoda will be even less likely to get detention for her outburst than angry-Diane or angry-Susan would be.  She looks scary!

I do hope it's only temporary....although Rhoda going off on a long furious rant is appealing too....like  watching a kitten being fierce!

All that worry and anxiety for nothing. Though at least Rhoda doesn't have to worry about hiding her relationship with Catalina any more.

4 hours ago, detrius said:

The way Rhoda says "Catalina is my girlfriend" puzzles me. Do Lucy and Diane already know her?

From passing mentions in the comic, it appears Diane knows of Catalina, even if she hasn't personally met her. Rhoda likely has talked about her. If nothing else, how Cat saved her from that boar.

2 hours ago, TamarTree said:

I don't think there are any strips indicating Lucy knew about Catalina, although Cat knows about Lucy.

Considering Diane knew of Catalina, it's likely Lucy knew of her as well since she would probably have been around Diane whenever Rhoda mentioned Catalina.

For sure, we can take it as a given that Lucy's known about Catalina for some time as well. It's only not been mentioned because prior to this arc there weren't all that many Lucy appearances altogether.

17 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

...This is a side of Rhoda that Diane and Lucy probably haven't seen before. (Technically I don't think we've seen it either, but after what we've seen of her with Catalina and in non-canon it doesn't seem too out-there to me; however it would have been pretty shocking back when all we knew of her was her meek and shy side. From what I recall, up to this point when we've seen all three girls together Rhoda has acted in her meek/shy manner; while it's possible she might have acted more confident and outgoing around them off-panel, the dynamics of the group suggest otherwise to me.)

I think only person Rhoda didn't acted meek and shy was Catalina. Although ... maybe Grace?

15 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I suspect Rhoda will be even less likely to get detention for her outburst than angry-Diane or angry-Susan would be.  She looks scary!

Also, noone would believe she said that.

... not only she LOOKS scary. She's powerful magic user. She can get bigger or make someone else smaller - and, based on how pissed she is, she MAY. The perspective may be tricky on last panel, but she does look bigger doesn't she?

8 hours ago, Drasvin said:
13 hours ago, detrius said:

The way Rhoda says "Catalina is my girlfriend" puzzles me. Do Lucy and Diane already know her?

From passing mentions in the comic, it appears Diane knows of Catalina, even if she hasn't personally met her. Rhoda likely has talked about her. If nothing else, how Cat saved her from that boar.

I would assume both knows about her, BECAUSE Rhoda told them, which is one of reasons they figured out they are in relationship ... like, Rhoda is just little better than Agent Wolf in hiding her relationship ...

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... not only she LOOKS scary. She's powerful magic user. She can get bigger or make someone else smaller - and, based on how pissed she is, she MAY. The perspective may be tricky on last panel, but she does look bigger doesn't she?

Based on this reddit post, this won't happen in canon, but we may see a sketchbook entry.