• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
hkmaly

NP Monday, Sep 2, 2019

Recommended Posts

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp/parable-003

I think that cave water would be cleaner than water in river. Could be filtrated by the rock and ground above. Sure, it's probably contaminated by those man-eating bugs ... but still, any contamination is even more likely outside the cave.

Granted, Susan probably never swam in anything not containing chlorine.

(Are those bugs even dangerous? Susan is not man, after all ... :) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hkmaly said:

Are those bugs even dangerous?

They were probably part of an ecosystem that kept the more dangerous critters at bay and now Susan's upset that balance and will have to find someway to fix it.

I'm pretty sure that was the plot for another game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Except for Pirate Grace shooting off the Canon Cannon, I don't think we've seen any of the main characters use firearms in any official EGS story or art before now.

Elliot in sketchbook:

1556578690-sketch-190430-Elliot-Ashley.p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think those were the human-eating beetles—they appear to be too small to prey upon humans except by swarming them. I think that she will encounter the much larger human-eating beetle(s) later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scotty said:

They were probably part of an ecosystem that kept the more dangerous critters at bay and now Susan's upset that balance and will have to find someway to fix it.

I don't think Susan is wearing enough orange power armor for that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scotty said:
10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Except for Pirate Grace shooting off the Canon Cannon, I don't think we've seen any of the main characters use firearms in any official EGS story or art before now.

Elliot in sketchbook:

And while I don't think there was any USE of firearms, there were also Firefly sketchbooks which I believe included several characters with guns.

More importantly, Grace totally was using firearm in previous game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 6:27 PM, hkmaly said:

And while I don't think there was any USE of firearms, there were also Firefly sketchbooks which I believe included several characters with guns.

More importantly, Grace totally was using firearm in previous game.

Yeah, though as far as main story goes, I think we've only seen Adrian using a gun, he's not a main character, but he's pretty close.

 

Of course, I'm not suggesting that guns were never shown in other instances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Nobody mentioned, she seems to be an unrealistically good shot for someone running, stressing about the ickiyness, and possibly having her eyes closed? Although, six shots, only five bugs seen.

I attribute that to post production
The walls and floors were originally covered with slow moving bugs
No matter where she stepped or shot, a bug would go squish or splat
By the time the artist got there, the bugs that she missed were long gone
So when the artist counted dead bugs, and realized that they perfectly matched the number of shots and steps she took, the conclusion was inescapable

It's like shooting a bow in the general direction of the broadside of a barn, and then painting bulls-eye targets around the arrows that stuck in the wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Nobody mentioned, she seems to be an unrealistically good shot for someone running, stressing about the ickiyness, and possibly having her eyes closed? Although, six shots, only five bugs seen.

Well, I didn't played Fable games ... I have no idea how hard would be to shot the bugs in those. Like, using shotgun in Doom doesn't require that much precision ...

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I attribute that to post production
The walls and floors were originally covered with slow moving bugs
No matter where she stepped or shot, a bug would go squish or splat
By the time the artist got there, the bugs that she missed were long gone
So when the artist counted dead bugs, and realized that they perfectly matched the number of shots and steps she took, the conclusion was inescapable

It's like shooting a bow in the general direction of the broadside of a barn, and then painting bulls-eye targets around the arrows that stuck in the wall

Or that. The way number and position of bugs on first panel matches number of ... let's say dead bugs in last panel might be caused by first panel being drawn based on last one.

Note that there are actually six blams, splat, splorch and squish for five bugs, so ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Note that there are actually six blams, splat, splorch and squish for five bugs, so ...

one or two of those bugs were probably level 2, and needed a couple shots to kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Note that there are actually six blams, splat, splorch and squish for five bugs, so ...

I only count 3, one each splat, splorch and squish.  6 blams however.   She obviously was double taping them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now