• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
PSadlon

NP Friday November 18, 2016

On 11/18/2016 at 7:56 AM, mlooney said:

I'm going to go out a limb and guess that "location3" isn't in these here United States of 'Merica". :P
Here in this part the world, we would say "parking lots".  That being said, most malls, at least those that I have seen, have one parking lot that surrounds the mall, with 2 or more door ways leading into the mall.  Often the big stores on each end of the mall have their own doors and another door that leads to the mail itself.

On 11/19/2016 at 9:46 AM, hkmaly said:

Around here, "not enough parking" seems more matching description than "lots of parking". :)

But I would agree with more door not meaning more parking spaces.

Some malls in this neck of the woods just have a bunch of parking areas with a lot of separation between them and not just one big lot around. Granted, architectural norms and easy access is the reason why big stores have their own doors.

"Parkway" is a name that stuck. Given, "carpark" is much more utilized here, besides (just) "parking". :lol:

15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As George Carlin observed:

Why do we park on driveways, drive on parkways, and pay toll on freeways?

If train station is the place where train stops, what is a workstation?

Olive oil is made from olives. What is baby oil made from?

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Where work stops, obviously. Any office worker could tell you that.

3 minutes ago, ijuin said:
6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Where work stops, obviously. Any office worker could tell you that.

Reminds me: The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and doesn't stop until you get to work.

(Apparently, Steven Wright).

On 11/19/2016 at 1:51 PM, CritterKeeper said:

Bloomington-Normal is in central Illinois, so the furthest you can get from Normal and still be in Illinois would probably be Cairo, IL (pronounced like Karo syrup) in the southern tip of the state....although interestingly enough, Metropolis is almost as far south and slightly to the east, so it's possilble Metropolis is the furthest from Normal.

Since you're supposed to be able to see the lights of Metropolis from up on top of the Smallville watertower, I guess that puts Smallville in southeastern Kansas....

A DC sourcebook from the 80s put Metropolis along the Delaware coast somewhere.  Must be something in the water if everybody in Smallville, Kansas can get up on the water tower and see 1000+ miles through the Earth's crust to the light halo created by Metropolis.  :)

As an aside, if the lights of Metropolis can be seen from Smallville at all, even by water tower, Smallville should be close enough to be a bedroom community for Metropolis commuters who can't afford to live in the city but still work there.

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Must be something in the water if everybody in Smallville, Kansas can get up on the water tower and see 1000+ miles through the Earth's crust to the light halo created by Metropolis.  :)

That would be perfectly normal for Clark . . .