• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I'm at odds with 'everything is negotiable' - to the dark side this path leads.

Well, from a certain point of view it is. For example, traditionally when you negotiate with Nazis you do it with, say, thirty-ought-sixes fired from an M1. (You are allowed to upgrade to more modern negotiation methods today, of course.) By the time they are finally tired of that you can move on to negotiate their surrender with words. (Give up or we go back to previous methods.)

I loved the 'Edwardian' joke in the comments. Possibly because I am like that myself. I have a friend named Elizabeth whom I once cited as the ideal source with whom to consult about Elizabethan English. :danshiftyeyes:

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I loved the 'Edwardian' joke in the comments. Possibly because I am like that myself. I have a friend named Elizabeth whom I once cited as the ideal source with whom to consult about Elizabethan English. :danshiftyeyes:

The Second Elizabethan Era just ended a year ago, so she should be good to go on that.

5 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Edward FTW! 

13 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Comic for Wednesday, Oct 18, 2023

I'm at odds with 'everything is negotiable' - to the dark side this path leads. Within bounds though, he has a point. This normally wouldn't be one. He must have made a very convincing case.

Pretty sure that path has many forks. 

I agree. Edward's statement is not evil, it is chaotic. It is stating, if you expand on the basic statement, "We hold no standards, everything is negotiable." No guard rails. The next time you go to a store and see the cr@p that is being foisted on you for a profit, remember Edward's words.

Will chaos lead to evil? Depends how many times you roll the dice. Roll enough, and it becomes a certainty.

7 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Changing topic slightly, I wonder what Tedd would see if he "looked" at his Dad in negotiation mode?

Ooo, you win 'Interesting question of the day'. Well earned.

13 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Changing topic slightly, I wonder what Tedd would see if he "looked" at his Dad in negotiation mode?

That would make an interesting wand, one that real diplomats might want to use.