• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story: Monday July 18, 2016

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:18 AM, Don Edwards said:

Given that "Sisters 3" begins with such a heavy emphasis on the origin story of Crazy!Pandora and Raven, it's extremely likely that one or the other of them will have a sister show up.

But not certain.

If so I bet Raven's.  With family.  It strikes me as potentially significant that in the discussion of disguising Grace as his niece she immediately jumped to asking about his possible children, without determining if he actually has a niece.  He might well have one who looks just like the disguise, know it, and been more than happy to introduce Grace to her if she'd asked.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Freaking edit mode.

That should read "great godson, not grandson"

See this is actually confusing me. Tedd is Adrian's godson; wouldn't that make him Pandora's grand-godson? Where are people getting the "great-" godson from? To me, that's another step of removal -- almost to say that Adrian is Edward's godfather, so Tedd would be Adrian's grand-godson and Pandora would be Tedd's great grand-godmother. 

The stating of which might have been even more confusing, but I hope you get the ghist of what I'm asking. ^^;

46 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

See this is actually confusing me. Tedd is Adrian's godson; wouldn't that make him Pandora's grand-godson? Where are people getting the "great-" godson from? To me, that's another step of removal -- almost to say that Adrian is Edward's godfather, so Tedd would be Adrian's grand-godson and Pandora would be Tedd's great grand-godmother. 

The stating of which might have been even more confusing, but I hope you get the ghist of what I'm asking. ^^;

Yes it should be grand godson, not great godson.  My bad.

On 18 July 2016 at 0:41 PM, ijuin said:

We have no information on how quickly Elves reach adulthood, but given that Adrian's "true form" appears to be in the equivalent of his thirties at most, I think that Elves do not naturally age beyond that.

I have to go to bed, I read your sentence as "how quickly Elvis reaches adulthood", then I started thinking of an Elvin Elvis singing in Elvish and now I have to go to bed...

3 hours ago, CptNerd said:

I started thinking of an Elvin Elvis singing in Elvish...

Wasn't that Elvish Presley?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ElvishPresley

Murphy's Rules (a compendium of nonsensical rules, funny errata and other game weirdness) included Elvish Presley in a list of annoying NPCs for players to encounter (along with Sailbad the Sinner and Uselysses).

On 07/18/2016 at 5:28 PM, Scotty said:

I'm starting to think, depending on how things go between Diane and Susan, we may have to start refering to the main cast as the Main 9, it certainly wouldn't seem fair to keep Diane in the second string while Susan is a headliner.

No way. First, I think we don't stop saying "Main 8" just because there will be more of them. Second, Diane is not only character on way inside Main 8, so if we would be renumbering, something like Main 11 would make more sense.

On 07/18/2016 at 6:41 PM, ijuin said:

We have no information on how quickly Elves reach adulthood, but given that Adrian's "true form" appears to be in the equivalent of his thirties at most, I think that Elves do not naturally age beyond that.

Likely, they grow at normal rate and don't age at all. While humans age from start, although it's less obvious when they are still growing.

On 07/18/2016 at 9:01 PM, CritterKeeper said:

If there's a big discussion about how Diane is in danger because of her bloodline, just like Susan was attacked because of her magic potential back when she was a Freshman, can't you just imagine Nanase trailing off in the middle of a sentence, as she has her "Aw, crap!" moment?

Akiko's magic talent might be less visible to aberrations than the magic weapon thing. Might.

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

No way. First, I think we don't stop saying "Main 8" just because there will be more of them. Second, Diane is not only character on way inside Main 8, so if we would be renumbering, something like Main 11 would make more sense.

Once you get in double digits for the main characters, I think just saying "main cast" is enough.   Then you get to argue about who is mane cast and who is a back ground pony. :P

9 minutes ago, mlooney said:
18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Once you get in double digits for the main characters, I think just saying "main cast" is enough.   Then you get to argue about who is mane cast and who is a back ground pony. :P

Actually, even in time of Main 8 establishment, it could've been argued Edward is ALSO main character, but was not part of the "circle of eight".

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, even in time of Main 8 establishment, it could've been argued Edward is ALSO main character, but was not part of the "circle of eight".

Now, see that's what I mean.  Edward is a back ground pony, like, say, Big Mac, or Mayor Mare.  Important, but not in every story.

:P

I tend to think in terms of Primary, secondary, tertiary. 

The Primary characters are the high school age kids: The Main 8.  They're who the story is about.  They should all have ongoing character arcs, and I'm pretty sure they do.

Ed Verres is a good example of a secondary character.  The story is not about him, but he is involved with a good chunk of it.

Tertiary characters show up very rarely.  Noah is the most over-promoted tertiary character in EGS. 

Susan was supposed to be a secondary or tertiary character but elbowed her way into primary status.  I think Susan stole Noah's place at the Main 8 table.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

I tend to think in terms of Primary, secondary, tertiary. 

The Primary characters are the high school age kids: The Main 8.  They're who the story is about.  They should all have ongoing character arcs, and I'm pretty sure they do.

Ed Verres is a good example of a secondary character.  The story is not about him, but he is involved with a good chunk of it.

Tertiary characters show up very rarely.  Noah is the most over-promoted tertiary character in EGS. 

Susan was supposed to be a secondary or tertiary character but elbowed her way into primary status.  I think Susan stole Noah's place at the Main 8 table.

I think Noah is a secondary character, there's stuff about him that connected with the main story that was hinted at very early on. Diane on the other hand started off as a possible tertiary character, yeah there was a strong hint that there was more to her when Ellen first met her, but it wasn't confirmed until years later when we found out she was adopted and born 20 minutes before Susan, and that basically propelled her up to about as high as secondary characters can go before pushing onto primary territory.

Melissa would probably be considering tertiary though, she was for a time an antagonist for Justin, but that's been resolved and so now we may only see her during times we see Noah and that may not be every time we see Noah. Shame though, it'd be nice if we had a side group of people who may not have magic, but at least know about magic, doing things to support the primary gang. Melissa and Ashley have something in common actually, both are non magic users who know of it's existence, are dating magic users, and both stepped into harms way to protect Cheerleadra.

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

Important, but not in every story.

NOONE is in every story.

34 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Noah is a secondary character

Agree. And he might even move to primary.

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Shame though, it'd be nice if we had a side group of people who may not have magic, but at least know about magic, doing things to support the primary gang.

People who don't have magic but still have inside knowledge ... like Sarah ... ups.

With Pandora marking people left and right, having someone around her grand godson NOT having magic doesn't really make sense. Hard to mark? Challenge!