• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

What Are You Ingesting?

1 hour ago, exterminator said:

Reading this thread the morning I didn't have the chance to get breakfast has to be the stupidest thing I've done in a while.

If that the stupidest thing you have done, then you must lead a fairly smart life then.

Beat part about being the only one in the house that's lactose intolerant? I get all the Lactaid milk to myself. I can drink straight from the carton and nobody can stop me.

I also found lactose-free chocolate milk. Store-bought chocolate milk is so much better than home-made chocolate milk. I don't know why Krogers or Wal-Mart or what have you sell Lactaid chocolate milk, though; I've only seen store brand.

To finish it off, I'm having a hohotdog or three.

17 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Had Popeyes' "Beer Can Rip'n Chick'n" tonight. They forgot to include the dipping sauce. Ate it anyway. Overall impression: meh.

With the sauce it probably would have been adequate. ;)

19 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Had Popeyes' "Beer Can Rip'n Chick'n" tonight. They forgot to include the dipping sauce. Ate it anyway. Overall impression: meh.

You found something that rated as high as "meh" at Popeye's?  I didn't think that was possible.  Most of their menu rates, at most, as bleh.

Reasor's home/bulk generic brand of wasabi peas.  They seemed to be a bit hotter than the ones I've had before.  A quick check of the ingredients. No mustard, and both wasabi and horseradish listed, with wasabi listed before horseradish.  Well that explains that.

At 3.99 a lb, fairly cheap as well.  I suspect my half pound tub is not going to be an eat all at once snack either.

On 8/18/2016 at 9:52 PM, mlooney said:

You found something that rated as high as "meh" at Popeye's?  I didn't think that was possible.  Most of their menu rates, at most, as bleh.

IMHO it's generally better than KFC... but less consistent from one restaurant to the next. We found one where if they deep-fry something - ANYthing - it's overcooked.

Home made lime.  Take the juice of `1/4 of a large lime.  Add to a 2 cup "glass" (it's plastic) add 1 table spoon sugar.   Fill with water and stir.   Makes just the right strenght for me and masks the Tulsa water taste.1

1I have a long poltical rant about Tulsa water, but given the wife of the target of the rant is running for POTUS, I'll either leave it out or post in the poltical tread.  

A double cup of Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee, complete with WTFU ingredients (2 SToKs, 2 pumps of Eden ALERT syrup). I've got stuff that needs doin' today.

(With my luck, this'll just knock me out instead.)

Hungarian smoked sausages on Finnish crackers.  Based on my some what limited exposure to Hungarian meat products at the local Euromart, they might, maybe, understand the concept of real BBQ.  Their smoked stuff is freaking awesome.