• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Monday, Sep 16, 2019

http://egscomics.com/comic/party-062

Diane, if you want to pretend to be second Susan you should drift to sci-fi section as well :) And, while black glasses usually make disguise better, they tend to attract attention when inside. Still ,you managed to disguise yourself almost as fast as Grace or Rhoda ... and without magic.

Also, WHY would she want to hide from RHEA? Or Elijah or Rick ...?

Yeah, rogue ... except she has summoning talent. ... I mean, rogue can totally use summoning talent (and magic in general), but some conservative roleplaying games don't allow mixing classes like that.

Are half-elves good rogues?

If Diane keeps doing this, how long until she starts getting stealth spells? She will PROBABLY get several summoning spells before that ...

(Hmmm ... I suppose it's too soon to start watching something instructional ... like Blade ... BTW, how there wasn't any movie with instruction for getting actual magic yet? Is DGB so good?)

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well Susan is with her and this would be a confirmation that Diane still hasn't mentioned the whole "I've found a biological relative" thing to Rhea yet.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If Diane keeps doing this, how long until she starts getting stealth spells? She will PROBABLY get several summoning spells before that ...

I suspect that Diane doesn't know what all Nanase can do beyond make fairy dolls and clone herself, some of the other stuff Nanase can do would probably make her jealous, I mean, the hair spell alone would mean not having to carry a wig around all the time.

There is another possibility, Diane.  Rhea et al may have noticed you before you heard them.  Your attempts at stealth at this point may only increase your noticeability.

Also, is the style of Diane's wig supposed to resemble Akiko?

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Also, is the style of Diane's wig supposed to resemble Akiko?

Perhaps, but why would Dan do that? There's no indication in canon that Diane even knows Nanase has a little sister--or even that Susan knows, though it doesn't seem credible that Susan wouldn't know after knowing Nanase for three years.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well Susan is with her and this would be a confirmation that Diane still hasn't mentioned the whole "I've found a biological relative" thing to Rhea yet.

I'd agree with that. Will Diane successfully avoid Rhea, Justin, and Elijah? Doesn't seem likely. However, it seems likely that RJE have been to this video store before and would have met Susan before, or seen her reviews, or both, but haven't made the connection yet.

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'd agree with that. Will Diane successfully avoid Rhea, Justin, and Elijah? Doesn't seem likely. However, it seems likely that RJE have been to this video store before and would have met Susan before, or seen her reviews, or both, but haven't made the connection yet.

Rhea, Rick and Elijah, I'd wonder why she'd want to avoid Justin after she essentially had a double date with him the night before. ;)

13 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Oh, right. It's one thing if they see Susan and another if they see them next to each other ...

13 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I suspect that Diane doesn't know what all Nanase can do beyond make fairy dolls and clone herself, some of the other stuff Nanase can do would probably make her jealous, I mean, the hair spell alone would mean not having to carry a wig around all the time.

Seems likely, although note that knowing Nanase's spell won't help Diane in getting them herself. Unless she's also wizard ... hmmm ... noone mentioned that yet, but, like, noone mentioned she isn't, so ... maybe?

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

or even that Susan knows, though it doesn't seem credible that Susan wouldn't know after knowing Nanase for three years.

Even Susan might not know how Akiko looks. Like, there was likely SOME opportunity for Nanase to mention she has sister, but showing photos?

15 hours ago, Scotty said:

I agree, this is the only way I can make sense of her desire to hide.

She reminds me of Paulina Rubio from the first music video of Y yo sigo aqui, when she (Paulina) is wearing the similar wig.

I don't understand "Acorn". I can get squirrel, or oak, or nuts from that, none of which seem to relate to the comic. Unless acorns grow up to be trees which give shade, and she put on shades. Ugh, that's painful.

I probably would not have gotten "duck" from "quack" without the commentary, it's a bit too convoluted and comes across as a non sequitur.

22 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I probably would not have gotten "duck" from "quack" without the commentary, it's a bit too convoluted and comes across as a non sequitur.

Maybe the Demonic Duck is in the store? Diane is in serious need of distraction...

Edited by Tom Sewell
store, not story

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I don't understand "Acorn". I can get squirrel, or oak, or nuts from that, none of which seem to relate to the comic. Unless acorns grow up to be trees which give shade, and she put on shades. Ugh, that's painful.

If you're referring to the "sound effect" in panel six, it says "adorn", not "acorn".

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

If you're referring to the "sound effect" in panel six, it says "adorn", not "acorn".

OMG, you're right. I suppose it would help if I could read. Oo?

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:
2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

OMG, you're right. I suppose it would help if I could read. Oo?

You obviously could. It would help if you do :)

(... did I translate the joke based on literal interpretation of "could" correctly?)

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I can get squirrel, or oak, or nuts from that, none of which seem to relate to the comic.

Well, EGS comic in general, yes, but this page specifically, no.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(... did I translate the joke based on literal interpretation of "could" correctly?)

Yes.

What 's weird is that after I first read it wrong, I swear I saw it wrong a half a dozen times. It is not beyond the capability of the mind to do cr@p like that, and it is a bit disturbing.

11 minutes ago, mlooney said:

It's always Squirrels.   Always.

Ya know what?

Maybe we could convince some artist to create a web-comic that features a cute girl who is secretly part squirrel.
Who knows?  This cute girl might be able to transform into an even cuter squirrel.

I think I might read that story for a while.

9 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yes.

What 's weird is that after I first read it wrong, I swear I saw it wrong a half a dozen times. It is not beyond the capability of the mind to do cr@p like that, and it is a bit disturbing.

That's nothing compared to how unreliable your memory is. Two most scary parts: you can totally remember something which didn't happened. And you can remember remembering something but not that thing itself.

Brain cheats all the time, pretending to be better than it is.