• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story, Friday, Jan 3, 2020 [Party-104]

http://egscomics.com/comic/party-104

... so now we have pieces of Nanase's mind as well. Hmmm ... better than both Susan and Diane, but I'm not sure about Sarah, that seems close ...

Interesting that Nanase's angel isn't her guardian form. Also, I think the devil should have more belts.

Also, good comment about "trying to forget that too".

The word "fictional" is superfluous in commentary: I'm sure he's more famous than any non-fictional detective as well.

How big is that basement anyway? How is it Susan and Nanase are getting in five panels having what should be a private conversation now? Has one of them gotten a Cone of Silence spell now?

That aside, I see interesting things in the last three panels. First, Devil Nanase's belts (and choker): This is the very first indication that Nanase might have been attracted by Diane before. Second, Nanase seems to call Diane "Sherlock Pompoms" in Panel 5--but that could refer to Susan as easily as Diane, though so far only Diane has been pictured with a deerstalker cap. Third, why wouldn't Diane  use Diane's actual surname? I mean, other than Dan refusing to reveal it or haven't decided on one yet. And finally, why would Susan keep "Pompoms" but reject "Tiffany"? Is "Pompoms" actually Susan's mother's maiden name?   

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

And finally, why would Susan keep "Pompoms" but reject "Tiffany"? Is "Pompoms" actually Susan's mother's maiden name?   

Much easier to use your middle name rather than your first that it is to redact your last name. I'm going to guess that you are right, Pompoms is Susan's mother's maiden name, based on other evidence of her strong reaction to her divorce. I don't see Susan choosing to use her dad's surname.

33 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

How big is that basement anyway? How is it Susan and Nanase are getting in five panels having what should be a private conversation now? Has one of them gotten a Cone of Silence spell now?

Hmmm ... comparing today's page with this one .... well ... ok, I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if Nanase got Cone of Silence.

39 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

That aside, I see interesting things in the last three panels. First, Devil Nanase's belts (and choker): This is the very first indication that Nanase might have been attracted by Diane before.

Why Diane? Remember Geralt?

32 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:
41 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

And finally, why would Susan keep "Pompoms" but reject "Tiffany"? Is "Pompoms" actually Susan's mother's maiden name?   

Much easier to use your middle name rather than your first that it is to redact your last name. I'm going to guess that you are right, Pompoms is Susan's mother's maiden name, based on other evidence of her strong reaction to her divorce. I don't see Susan choosing to use her dad's surname.

Yeah ... first, change your last name is harder, second, she doesn't have any better.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah ... first, change your last name is harder, second, she doesn't have any better.

Yeah, Susan's mom went out of her way to say Susan shouldn't hate her father, although excusing his philandering by telling Susan that men can't help it wasn't exactly the best thing to do. As for her mother's name before marriage, it's "Snoot" in my headcanon. I decided that the biggest house in the most expensive part of Moperville , Snoot Creek, would be the Snoot Mansion

Just now, The Old Hack said:

I hate that part of town. People are so snooty there.

Except for Susan of course.

Just now, hkmaly said:
Just now, Darth Fluffy said:
Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Lets say for a moment that Susan's mom's maiden name is Pompoms though, it could be the reason her dad married her in the first place if she was "his type" as in having been a cheerleader in highschool/post secondary school. This would mean we wouldn't know what Susan's dad's last name is though, but I doubt it'd be Raven cus Susan was probably old enough when she caught him cheating to remember what her last name used to be.

Odds are, Susan's father is Mr. Pompons. A woman taking back her maiden name after a divorce does NOT automatically carry the change over to minor children she has custody of.

14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

As for her mother's name before marriage, it's "Snoot" in my headcanon. I decided that the biggest house in the most expensive part of Moperville , Snoot Creek, would be the Snoot Mansion

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Odds are, Susan's father is Mr. Pompons. A woman taking back her maiden name after a divorce does NOT automatically carry the change over to minor children she has custody of.

In my headcanon, her mother's name was always Mrs. Pompons, as she was rich enough to insist on keeping it and it was her husband who was forced to change it.

The option of Susan's father being Mr. Pompons and her mother returning to her maiden name is unlikely, as it would be perfect excuse for Susan to change her name. I mean, unless her mother maiden name is even worse, which seems unlikely.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

This would mean we wouldn't know what Susan's dad's last name is though, but I doubt it'd be Raven cus Susan was probably old enough when she caught him cheating to remember what her last name used to be.

Why it should've been Raven? I think even Raven's child who's her ancestor wasn't named Raven, and there could've been lot of girls changing name by marriage in her family tree.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Why it should've been Raven? I think even Raven's child who's her ancestor wasn't named Raven, and there could've been lot of girls changing name by marriage in her family tree.

True, I'm just stating that there shouldn't be a reason for any twist that says the Raven name got passed down somehow anyway.

Well, unless Blaike had a brother and at some point both ancestors hooked up, which is possible.

46 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well, unless Blaike had a brother and at some point both ancestors hooked up, which is possible.

You know, if Dan didn't explicitly said that his name was Blaike Raven, I would think he was from age where surnames were not common, he didn't had any and that Adrian took the name Raven later and Pandora named herself Raven because of that.

Anyway, if Blaike had any relatives and those still have living descendants, then it's far more likely they hooked up that they didn't. However, that they carried the surname at that point is less likely, as that requires basically everyone in that branch of family tree being male.

35 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Anyway, if Blaike had any relatives and those still have living descendants, then it's far more likely they hooked up that they didn't. However, that they carried the surname at that point is less likely, as that requires basically everyone in that branch of family tree being male.

It's still possible, I'm not saying that's what Dan would have happen though.