• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

Words of Wisdom

Please post any words of wisdom, pearls of insight, or similar that you might have learned in your life, be it past or present.

Starter:
Coffee, mozzarella cheese, and sopressata do not mix. /* reaches for promethazine */

If you have a budget, make sure you have a realistic idea of upcoming money in and money out or you might break your budget.

With my first monthly budget, I knew I had a $200 expense coming up. I took this into account in my budget. Thing is, I forgot it was in 200 USD, not 200 AUD. After converting to AUD, it was closer to $300. Luckily for me, in addition to underestimating my expenses, I had also underestimated my income. So it was easy to recover from the unexpectedly larger expense.

If you feel a persistent soreness in your lower-right abdomen, get it looked at as soon as possible. Especially if you still have your appendix, 'cause there's a chance you'll wanna get that out of you real quick.

Not sure if this counts, but its been helpful to me, so... *shrugs*

Never ask "How stupid can you get. Someone will take it as a challenge."

I don't need to get the last word in on in an argument. Especially on the internet. (Repeat until I get it through my thick skull)

27 minutes ago, Ser Pentrose said:

I don't need to get the last word in on in an argument. Especially on the internet. (Repeat until I get it through my thick skull)

Hopefully you're not saying that while someone's arguing with you, that could be counter productive. ;)

When posting on the Internet, double check what you have to say. In addition to picking up on spelling and grammar errors, you may also gain second thoughts on what you said and/or how you said it.

When you get second thoughts, try and rewrite what you have to say so it is less likely to cause trouble. If you can't, then you're probably better of not posting it in the first place.

Getting rid of small, chronic annoyances will probably make you happier in the long run than splurging on large, temporary pleasures.

Buy a comfortable mattress.

Make sure the chair you sit in the most minimizes your aches and pains. (My Aeron chair is the best purchase I've ever made.)

Save some of every paycheck. The best way to do this is take it right off the top and pretend that your income is lower that it really is.

The definition of "sufficient" varies with the person. For some, they would need 250 ml of coffee for it to keep them awake. Others might be kept awake by drinking one can of cola (less than one fourth as much caffeine as the coffee).

4 minutes ago, ijuin said:

The definition of "sufficient" varies with the person. For some, they would need 250 ml of coffee for it to keep them awake. Others might be kept awake by drinking one can of cola (less than one fourth as much caffeine as the coffee).

I had a mocha thick shake around 3pm yesterday. Big mistake on my part.

If you haven't really decided on what order your chapters are going to be in, or for that matter what book they are going to be in, naming them chapX.tex is a bad idea.  Use the chapter title as the root of the name. 

Bad
chap1.tex

Good
intro.tex