• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Story Friday March 23 2018

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, mlooney said:

As an additional note, now that Sirleck is dead, was he the last of his kind?

Probably not, at least in my headcanon. But, as always, it's up to The Dan.

17 minutes ago, mlooney said:

He might not know that Pandora's reset was modified and go with she was reset by the rest of the fairies.

Seems likely for now, but while Magus E. has  his own body and seems to have proved his credentials as a good guy, or at least a trying-to-be-good guy, he still faces a few other issues, such as still having no obvious way back to his own universe, and what Susan, Nanase, and Raven are going to do when they learn what M. E. did. And, of course, those crates I mentioned, and Arthur's and Edward's somewhat mysterious organization. Any or all of these issues could keep cropping up in storylines to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smashing  a bunch of boxes holding recently re-empowered relics seems like such a grand plan; not that Magus knows that, of course, but I still expect the pile of breadcrumbs we've been showered with to make the next little bit rather... interesting.  There are so many ways things could go sideways right now, including somehow super-empowering Sirleck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

As an additional note, now that Sirleck is dead, was he the last of his kind?

Probably not, at least in my headcanon. But, as always, it's up to The Dan.

I think it was on Reddit, haven't found it yet, but Dan did post that body snatchers are very rare because most people who become aberrations prefer to keep some semblance of their original form or be able to transform into stronger beings.

Edit: this reddit post is related to today's comic and not what I was looking for to answer the above, but:

So Magus didn't expect Ellen to make dealing with Sirleck easy, but it seems apparent that Magus did have a plan, though it wasn't guaranteed to be a clean one, since the best case scenario has Magus unable to do anything initially, leaving Sirleck to be able to do whatever and putting Ashley, Elliot and Ellen in danger.

So I guess Magus is happy that Ellen saved him from going through with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone commented that Magus will now start making amends for the things he's done:

Not sure what to make of that....

for 1> Magus has made numerous statements of needing to atone for the things he's done, I don't believe he has anything evil planned now that he's got his body back he'd most likely just want to get back to his own universe ASAP.

2>He might just depart to his home universe without so much of an "I'm sorry" to anyone, would really be a dick move and still a complete 180 from the whole needing to atone thing he's stated before.

3>He doesn't even get a chance to atone because he ends up getting killed or something, there is the possibility of Abraham showing up again, but I don't believe Abraham will instantly desire to kill Magus, not until he's determined whether Magus is an actual threat first.

I really don't want Magus to be the bad guy here, everything about him says that he's just a person who, through no fault of his own, got stuck in a really crappy situation with very little to work with in order to get out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Someone commented that Magus will now start making amends for the things he's done:

Not sure what to make of that....

With all the maniacal laughter, I think some part of Dan wants to be a Bond villain.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

there is the possibility of Abraham showing up again, but I don't believe Abraham will instantly desire to kill Magus, not until he's determined whether Magus is an actual threat first.

Abraham has learned his lesson about assuming creations of the diamond are always monsters. Though I do wonder how he'll react to the diamond being destroyed. I imagine he'll be at a loss for what to do with his life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, exploded like a worm outside of its host. Parasites generally aren't built for self defense.

Anyway, now to wait and see what happens when you blow up a crate with an active artifact in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mlooney said:

As an additional note, now that Sirleck is dead, was he the last of his kind?

It is unlikely, as the statistic given allows for a handful more of them to have survived, but they will probably go deep into hiding after witnessing that genocide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mlooney said:

As an additional note, now that Sirleck is dead, was he the last of his kind?

Probably there are a few other surviving aberrations.

However, in one sense I suspect that nearly-every aberration is the last of his/her kind. Providing for progeny doesn't seem like something that would be high on an aberration's priority list...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drasvin said:

With all the maniacal laughter, I think some part of Dan wants to be a Bond villain.

Who doesn't want to be as cool as a Bond villain? They always have the best lines.

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die." -- Auric Goldfinger

"Look after Mr. Bond. See that some harm comes to him" -- Hugo Drax

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

for 1> Magus has made numerous statements of needing to atone for the things he's done, I don't believe he has anything evil planned now that he's got his body back he'd most likely just want to get back to his own universe ASAP.

I agree. In fact, who exactly sabotaged that potion in Magus E.'s home universe? Perhaps some mastermind seeing E.M. as a major obstacle to accomplishing another fiendishly clever master plan? Sounds like an excuse for a cross-multiverse adventure.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

3>He doesn't even get a chance to atone because he ends up getting killed or something, there is the possibility of Abraham showing up again, but I don't believe Abraham will instantly desire to kill Magus, not until he's determined whether Magus is an actual threat first.

M.E. just destroyed the Dewitchery Diamond. That at least ought to be good for brownie points with Abraham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scotty said:

However, in one sense I suspect that nearly-every aberration is the last of his/her kind. Providing for progeny doesn't seem like something that would be high on an aberration's priority list...

I think what is more relevant is are there more body thieves. I think it was Sirleck himself who revealed that Aberrations of his type were the most hated by Immortals. The fact that Sirleck survived Pandora's Apocalypse kind of indicates that his type had a better chance of survival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom Sewell said:

I agree. In fact, who exactly sabotaged that potion in Magus E.'s home universe? Perhaps some mastermind seeing E.M. as a major obstacle to accomplishing another fiendishly clever master plan? Sounds like an excuse for a cross-multiverse adventure.

Tony is Elliot's enemy in the main universe, they don't really go out of each other's way to fight, though Tony has constantly bullied Tedd throughout both elementary and secondary school and Elliot's been there to defend Tedd, what if it's an even more heated rivalry between Magus and his universe's version of Tony. In the "Night Out" story it was implied that Tony was attracted to Tedd, and in the "Oblivious Wand Waving" non-canon story, Tony is seen admiring Tess, what if Tony's alternate in Magus' universe had a thing for Terra and wanted Magus out of the way to get to her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

what if Tony's alternate in Magus' universe had a thing for Terra and wanted Magus out of the way to get to her?

I don't imagine any of Tony's alternates being masterminds, but catspaws of masterminds, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

I don't imagine any of Tony's alternates being masterminds, but catspaws of masterminds, yes.

Maybe AU "Ronin" was the one that set up Magus' "accident" for AU Tony?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Drasvin said:

There is also that to consider. I wonder how tightly he's held onto that grudge and whether or not he'll keep holding on to it after he's learned about what she did at the mall

 

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

He might not know that Pandora's reset was modified and go with she was reset by the rest of the fairies.

He should also note that Pandora is making amends for what she did. She got called out by her own son after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Scotty said:

for 1> Magus has made numerous statements of needing to atone for the things he's done, I don't believe he has anything evil planned now that he's got his body back he'd most likely just want to get back to his own universe ASAP.

2>He might just depart to his home universe without so much of an "I'm sorry" to anyone, would really be a dick move and still a complete 180 from the whole needing to atone thing he's stated before.

3>He doesn't even get a chance to atone because he ends up getting killed or something, there is the possibility of Abraham showing up again, but I don't believe Abraham will instantly desire to kill Magus, not until he's determined whether Magus is an actual threat first.

I really don't want Magus to be the bad guy here, everything about him says that he's just a person who, through no fault of his own, got stuck in a really crappy situation with very little to work with in order to get out of it.

Magus stated he was going to "end" Pandora. If that is important enough to him (either because he's holding a grudge or because he still thinks she's dangerous/evil and refuses to believe claims otherwise) he might delay his return home long enough to try attempt to kill her - which would put him in conflict with the main eight now that Sarah and Tedd are friends with her and they know Susan is related to her.

Alternately, getting home might be his top priority but he might not have an easy way of doing so, and while he's trying to find a way home he might take some time out to go after Pandora or do something else that causes trouble. (Or maybe his attempts to get home might cause trouble?)

And just because everything we've seen that's been from his POV has painted him as a good guy doesn't mean that he is - many villains think that they're doing the right thing. ...Also, it's not exactly proof of anything, but he does have bad habit of smiling in an evil-looking way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Magus stated he was going to "end" Pandora. If that is important enough to him (either because he's holding a grudge or because he still thinks she's dangerous/evil and refuses to believe claims otherwise) he might delay his return home long enough to try attempt to kill her - which would put him in conflict with the main eight now that Sarah and Tedd are friends with her and they know Susan is related to her.

Thing is, Pandora's out of commission for a while, I don't think Magus is going to wait until Pandora shows up again to do anything.

If there is nothing more that's going to happen at this facility, once Elliot and Ellen wake up, they'll likely go to Tedd's where Tedd will tell them what happened with magic and about Pandora, including her reset/refresh, Magus will probably be convinced that Pandora's no longer a threat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Thing is, Pandora's out of commission for a while, I don't think Magus is going to wait until Pandora shows up again to do anything.

If there is nothing more that's going to happen at this facility, once Elliot and Ellen wake up, they'll likely go to Tedd's where Tedd will tell them what happened with magic and about Pandora, including her reset/refresh, Magus will probably be convinced that Pandora's no longer a threat

If he can't get home easily, he may have no choice but to wait around in the main universe long enough for Pandora to show up again. ...Another possibility is that he might return home for now, then come back later to deal with Pandora.

As for what's going to happen next, I really expect something involving the reactivated artifacts (and possibly the security guard and or a DGB taskforce). If Elliot and Ellen are still out when that's over (or if nothing happens after all), I could see him helping Ashley get the two down to the car. But beyond that I expect him to bail (one way or another) as soon possible; the fact that he wanted Ashely around to pass on his story to Elliot and Ellen indicates he never had any intention of hanging around long enough to tell them himself.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magus E. is obviously a very powerful wizard. But able to get back to his own universe on his own? Well, if Dan wills it, yes, but I wouldn't bet on Dan willing it. The Dan has invested a lot in M.E.'s character development. If Magus E. needs help to get back home, the go-to people to help him would be Raven, Edward, and Tedd. At least two out of three have obvious Pandora-related issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don Edwards said:

What are the chances that Magus' home universe is the same as our two favorite gryphons'?

It isn't because the Gryphons' home is in the main universe, just the other side of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scotty said:
12 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

The Hawk has hatched. Little mice better beware. (Wait, Pandora says he's going to "grow". This being EGS we can't rule it out, but I doubt she meant the "grow" literally. So does that mean he's going to get even more powerful? Was she referring to something else besides returning to the physical plane when she talked about him "hatching"? Or did she over-complicate her analogy for the sake of drama?)

I had always thought that Pandora was being over dramatic for the sake of seeing how people would react, she was very vague about what the egg and hawk was, kinda like the fortune teller or prophet, they focus on particular aspects of people and feed just the right information so that the person acts in ways that end up fulfilling those prophecies.

I had also thought that the egg was referring to Magus and the hawk was Sirleck having succeeded in possessing Magus, but since that's off the table now and I doubt Magus is going to go be doing anything threatening now, maybe the hawk is something even more dangerous, like how the magic system has been opened up with all sorts of unknowns. Or maybe Voltaire is the hawk?

Magus was the egg. EDWARD (and agents Cranium and Wolf) was the mice who was supposed to grow and become hawk.

11 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
11 hours ago, mlooney said:

As an additional note, now that Sirleck is dead, was he the last of his kind?

Probably not, at least in my headcanon. But, as always, it's up to The Dan.

Unless Dan specifically talks about it in comics, which is unlikely, it will be left open. Just because we are unlikely to ever MEET another body snatcher, doesn't mean they don't exists.

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... do people really read comics thread before comics? ...

The Moderator: I would much rather insert unnecessary spoiler space than fail to do so and let people be spoiled.

Of course. If anythink, I'm surprised you didn't need to before.

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

However, in one sense I suspect that nearly-every aberration is the last of his/her kind. Providing for progeny doesn't seem like something that would be high on an aberration's priority list...

If it's even POSSIBLE for them to have progeny. However, genetically unrelated (as much as possible, which isn't that much) people might turn to same kind of vampire because of shared inspiration and be counted as "same kind" in that regard.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I don't imagine any of Tony's alternates being masterminds, but catspaws of masterminds, yes.

Maybe AU "Ronin" was the one that set up Magus' "accident" for AU Tony?

It would be definitely funny if after speculations about evil masterminds it would turn out that Magus's accident had similar reason. However, if it WAS such case, they likely didn't expected how well it will work ...

44 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

As for what's going to happen next, I really expect something involving the reactivated artifacts (and possibly the security guard and or a DGB taskforce). If Elliot and Ellen are still out when that's over (or if nothing happens after all), I could see him helping Ashley get the two down to the car. But beyond that I expect him to bail (one way or another) as soon possible; the fact that he wanted Ashely around to pass on his story to Elliot and Ellen indicates he never had any intention of hanging around long enough to tell them himself.

He MIGHT've been afraid of Elliot not really being in mood to listen if he would explain himself, but that's just another reason why to not hang around.

However ... I don't think Elliot will be unconscious for long. Ellen, sure, but Elliot should get to his senses pretty soon.

40 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Magus E. is obviously a very powerful wizard. But able to get back to his own universe on his own? Well, if Dan wills it, yes, but I wouldn't bet on Dan willing it. The Dan has invested a lot in M.E.'s character development. If Magus E. needs help to get back home, the go-to people to help him would be Raven, Edward, and Tedd. At least two out of three have obvious Pandora-related issues.

Pandora might've already told him enough about getting to his home universe that getting body was only thing preventing him from going ... or not, obviously, in which case there is question how he PLANS to get help. He might find out that Raven and Tedd are his best chances, but he likely doesn't think so yet.

2 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

What are the chances that Magus' home universe is the same as our two favorite gryphons'?

Zero. He's from actually different universe, griffins are from second half of the main one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/23/2018 at 10:17 PM, Scotty said:

It isn't because the Gryphons' home is in the main universe, just the other side of it.

I wouldn't count on anyone else except another esoteric scholar gryphon being precise about the distinction between a different dimensional plane and a different side of the same one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if Magus and the Gryphons are not from the same place, the Gryphons may know something that would be useful to Magus.

Especially if Magus does not have the means of transporting himself back to his home reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now