• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Monday November 28, 2016

65 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

That's a scary face Susan is making.

Yep, that's a what the hell are you saying face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do I feel like there should be "Containment Breach" alarms going off about now?

And you can just tell that Nanase isn't exactly happy about breaching* this particular subject....

 

 

 

*yes, fully aware it should be "broaching" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stature said:

My gut senses are tingling. Susan still does not want/like relatives.

I'd say it's more like Susan doesn't like that she would have more to hate her father about.

Just now, Darkxemjas said:

I feel like I've seen this expression before......... oh right. When Susan first thought that Nanase might be a Lesbian.

This will be interesting.

I'd say it's a lot closer to this expression, which did the job of scaring people away.

 

Hopefully Susan doesn't storm out of the house before they are able to finished telling the rest, like how Jerry protected Diane as a favour to her sister. That's pretty much been the clincher this whole time, their similar appearance and time of birth got the ball rolling, the affinity was just extra.

Tom Sewell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stature said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2280

My gut senses are tingling. Susan still does not want/like relatives.

Heck, I do not know my full lineage, which is indubitably unsearchable.

Susan knows that "Half-sister + Mom doesn't care = Spawn of the Slimeball". She really does not want to think about her father's philandering.

The Old Hack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Susan and Diane are half-sisters, and they both have Vampire Hunting magical affinities, then are we to infer that this trait was passed down through their father?

How many proto Van Helsings has this philanthropist produced?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Susan knows where this subject is going. Susan does not like where tgis subject is going.

Also, other than fulfilling curiousity, what purpose does Nanase hope to achieve by pursuing the possible link between Susan and Diane? Both are fairly happy with their loving families as is. Nanase knows (or at least she should know) that Susan has a lot of emotional baggage. And she's presenting a person that looks identical enough to be a twin that is quite possibly a product of the affair that ruined Susan's childhood. What good does Nanase think this line of inquiry will accomplish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Susan and Diane are half-sisters, and they both have Vampire Hunting magical affinities, then are we to infer that this trait was passed down through their father?

How many proto Van Helsings has this philanthropist philanderer produced?

FTFY :D

41 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

Susan knows where this subject is going. Susan does not like where tgis subject is going.

Also, other than fulfilling curiousity, what purpose does Nanase hope to achieve by pursuing the possible link between Susan and Diane? Both are fairly happy with their loving families as is. Nanase knows (or at least she should know) that Susan has a lot of emotional baggage. And she's presenting a person that looks identical enough to be a twin that is quite possibly a product of the affair that ruined Susan's childhood. What good does Nanase think this line of inquiry will accomplish?

Nanase already has a sister whom she loves very much (Aiko), so she is likely thinking in terms of "sister = someone to love", and Susan has seemed kind of lonely at times . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drasvin said:

Susan knows where this subject is going. Susan does not like where tgis subject is going.

Also, other than fulfilling curiousity, what purpose does Nanase hope to achieve by pursuing the possible link between Susan and Diane? Both are fairly happy with their loving families as is. Nanase knows (or at least she should know) that Susan has a lot of emotional baggage. And she's presenting a person that looks identical enough to be a twin that is quite possibly a product of the affair that ruined Susan's childhood. What good does Nanase think this line of inquiry will accomplish?

I think it's mainly to satisfy Nanase's conscience, because she believes  Diane and Susan are sisters, even if just half-sisters, it's still enough that if something was to happen to either of them before they meet, it would weigh heavy on her.

She believes it's the right thing to do and that any negative feelings that it digs up can be dealt with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Nanase already has a sister whom she loves very much (Aiko), so she is likely thinking in terms of "sister = someone to love", and Susan has seemed kind of lonely at times . . .

While Susan has seemed kind of lonely at times, that appears to be more of a romantic longing than a familial one. And it is possible that Nanase is projecting her own values onto the situation, but there still is the big looming problem of Susan's issues and emotional baggage. While Susan tries to be rational and logical, she's only human. And her emotions have already been on a little bit of a rollercoaster in this scene with the vampires and everything else Nanase and Ellen have told her. I'm not sure how likely it is to happen, but there is a possibility for Susan to associate Diane with the affair on an emotional level, and if that happens, it's not going to end happily for anyone.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I think it's mainly to satisfy Nanase's conscience, because she believes  Diane and Susan are sisters, even if just half-sisters, it's still enough that if something was to happen to either of them before they meet, it would weigh heavy on her.

She believes it's the right thing to do and that any negative feelings that it digs up can be dealt with.

I can see that, but it means she not considering the consequences of her actions (or at least not considering them seriously) which can be hurtful to her friendships and potentially dangerous with the knowledge she has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drasvin said:

I can see that, but it means she not considering the consequences of her actions (or at least not considering them seriously) which can be hurtful to her friendships and potentially dangerous with the knowledge she has.

I think Nanase has considered them, her and Ellen discussed it after the incident with Not_Tengu, and Ellen has mentioned a few times more recently her concern about what effect it would have on Susan, this certainly is hinting that Ellen was right, but I think Nanase still believes this would be better in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I think Nanase has considered them, her and Ellen discussed it after the incident with Not_Tengu, and Ellen has mentioned a few times more recently her concern about what effect it would have on Susan, this certainly is hinting that Ellen was right, but I think Nanase still believes this would be better in the long run.

Well I hope Nanase is right that it will be better in the long run, but on the other hand, if it doesn't, it might shake some sense into her. I'm mildly to moderately worried that if it does turn out alright in the end, she'll be encouraged to kick the 'Tedd's mom' bombshell, and that won't be pretty, especially after the big bombshell he's already been dealt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drasvin said:

 she'll be encouraged to kick the 'Tedd's mom' bombshell, and that won't be pretty, especially after the big bombshell he's already been dealt.

Makes me wonder if Voltaire is hoping for this now. Think about it, while we don't know if Tedd's "rarity" has an awakened state, the fact the he's been marked suggests that, if there is an awakened state, Tedd hasn't done so yet. As of Voltaire's most recent appearance in the comic, it is highly probable that Voltaire is attempting to trigger an major angst induced awakening in Tedd. For what reason is still not clear but dropping the bomb about his mother to him would very likely push him over the edge at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a point that I hadn't considered--that Voltaire's motive for traumatizing Tedd is to force an Awakening and unlock Tedd's True Power. I had only expected that Voltaire had wanted to point Tedd at someone/thing as a weapon (e.g. against Pandora).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ijuin said:

That's a point that I hadn't considered--that Voltaire's motive for traumatizing Tedd is to force an Awakening and unlock Tedd's True Power. I had only expected that Voltaire had wanted to point Tedd at someone/thing as a weapon (e.g. against Pandora).

Tedd's awakening in this manner may still be used for that, if his awakened powers allows him to hunt down Immortals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Stature said:

Heck, I do not know my full lineage, which is indubitably unsearchable.

I have an ancestor who didn't returned from first world war ... which is only thing we know about him. I suppose this might make searching difficult ...

(Note: It's not father. I'm not THAT old.)

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Hopefully Susan doesn't storm out of the house before they are able to finished telling the rest, like how Jerry protected Diane as a favour to her sister. That's pretty much been the clincher this whole time, their similar appearance and time of birth got the ball rolling, the affinity was just extra.

Storming out? She can now use hammers on everyone, right?

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Susan and Diane are half-sisters, and they both have Vampire Hunting magical affinities, then are we to infer that this trait was passed down through their father?

How many proto Van Helsings has this philanthropist produced?

I already mentioned that while we DO know he cheated multiple times, we DON'T know if he cheated with multiple women. But if he did, I hope someone would protect those other children before they awaken ... or be eaten.

8 hours ago, ijuin said:

Nanase already has a sister whom she loves very much (Aiko), so she is likely thinking in terms of "sister = someone to love", and Susan has seemed kind of lonely at times . . .

Possible ... but more importantly:

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

if something was to happen to either of them before they meet, it would weigh heavy on her.

She believes it's the right thing to do and that any negative feelings that it digs up can be dealt with.

Something IS going to happen if Diane is not trained. Seriously, Susan is the best person to help Diane deal with the fact she's magnet for aberrations and needs to learn how to fight them. Also, she can train her, probably.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:
7 hours ago, Drasvin said:

 she'll be encouraged to kick the 'Tedd's mom' bombshell, and that won't be pretty, especially after the big bombshell he's already been dealt.

Makes me wonder if Voltaire is hoping for this now. Think about it, while we don't know if Tedd's "rarity" has an awakened state, the fact the he's been marked suggests that, if there is an awakened state, Tedd hasn't done so yet. As of Voltaire's most recent appearance in the comic, it is highly probable that Voltaire is attempting to trigger an major angst induced awakening in Tedd. For what reason is still not clear but dropping the bomb about his mother to him would very likely push him over the edge at this point.

Hmmmm ... you mean the Complicated Mess plan involved flooding Moperville with vampires, forcing Nanase to tell Susan and Diane about themselves, which ends up well enough to make Nanase think it's safe to tell Tedd about his mother, which will cause his awakening? .... Complicated Mess indeed.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, ijuin said:

That's a point that I hadn't considered--that Voltaire's motive for traumatizing Tedd is to force an Awakening and unlock Tedd's True Power. I had only expected that Voltaire had wanted to point Tedd at someone/thing as a weapon (e.g. against Pandora).

Tedd's awakening in this manner may still be used for that, if his awakened powers allows him to hunt down Immortals.

On the other hand, even if Tedd's power doesn't have equivalent of awakening, it certainly have angst mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stature said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2280

My gut senses are tingling. Susan still does not want/like relatives.

Heck, I do not know my full lineage, which is indubitably unsearchable.

Have you tried?  An amazing amount of information is now available online in already organized format for the US and much of Europe at places like familysearch.  I think largely through the obsession of the Latter Day Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but information that is so private that the FBI can't touch it would probably not be publicly available. They aren't going to find anything from above-the-board websites that Edward could not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you know, her persistence in this subject might be less annoying to both audience and cast if she'd led with the "jerry 2.0's small favor" detail. cause it sounds stupid without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

you know, her persistence in this subject might be less annoying to both audience and cast if she'd led with the "jerry 2.0's small favor" detail. cause it sounds stupid without it.

Led? No. After all, they are not sure about that being Jerry. But they SHOULD mention it on today's page. Well ... maybe Wednesday. If they forgot about it even on Wednesday THEN it will be annoying :)

(I suspect Dan needs to exchange some informations which will later prove important when it's revealed they ARE twins.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

After all, they are not sure about that being Jerry.

Nanase is pretty sure, Susan had told her about what happened on the road trip to the cave and Jerry's vow to aid them when he could, Diane's description of the busybody and that he stated he owed her sister a favour fit what Susan told her. Jerry's involvement is probably the one sure thing Nanase can go on  with regards to Diane's relation to Susan, whether it's twins, or half sisters, or distant cousins, remains to be confirmed to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an old expression that goes "if looks could kill'. Susan demonstrates the meaning of said expresion perfectly in the last panel.

As I mentioned on Twitter, when I found out about my long-lost half sister Theresa first reaction was "WTF do you mean" and it quickly went "the a-hole ruined her life too, huh" with a brief stop in 'how come I've never hear this before?" As a result I can sort of relate with Susan on this but not completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now