• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

SPARK: Speed Machines: Clippers, on YouTube. Flying Cloud, Cutty Sark, etc.

I once flew across the Pacific on a Pan Am 747 called the Clipper Flying Cloud. Built a model of the clipper ship when I was a kid, too.

I've been watching a lot of clips of QI on YouTube.  Unfortunately, they seem to have taken down all of the actual episodes.  A few seasons are on Britbox, and a few are on Acorn. 

Hmm, I thought Britbox had the old seasons of Doctor Who, but they only list "Specials" in their page.  Wonder where they've gone now?

Day 3 of the Barrett-Jackson automobile auctions on Motortrend network (used to be Velocity network). Some unique and awesome cars crossing the auction block, like a 1954 Kaiser-Darrin sports car that sold for $82,000 and a 1966 Chevrolet Corvette that just sold for a cool $100,000.

I've been watching the Barrett-Jackson (no relation) auctions for a long time. Even watched them when I was in the hospital back in 2009, recuperating from my broken ankles and botched gastric bypass. An odd link showed up tonight between that auction and this one: they auctioned off a special-edition "Iacocca" version of the Ford Mustang for charity. It brought in $1,000,000 (not unusual for charity cars). Well, that car went back up for auction tonight - no charity involved, just a straight, no-reserve sale. The final price? $64,000.

I only hope the owner was able to write off that million bucks when they originally bought it.

It seems that I will NOT be watching the Lunar Eclipse tonight.

Too cloudy and overcast where I am in Florida.

What upsets me is that this will be the last Total Lunar Eclipse visible on Earth until 2022.

There will be Partial and Umbral Lunar Eclipses, but not another Total.

Oh well.  Here's hoping that everyone else looking up will enjoy the show.

Thanks for the reminder!  I saw the full moon rise bright and clear an hour or two ago.  Now there's a bit of haze visible around it.  Fingers crossed that it will stay mostly clear long enough to see the eclipse!

It's clear in my area. Watching the lit part go away as we speak.

Edit: Not clear. NOT CLEAR! Partly cloudy at the worst moment! Thin, patchy, but troublesome.

Still neat, though.

Edit 2: False alarm. Show's still on.

Edited by Zorua
Weather is fickle

Well there were a few breaks in the clouds that let me see the coppery coloured moon.

But I wasn't able to watch the slow parade from full into shadow to red back to shadow back to full over the course of an hour or so.

And then, the sky just cleared up a few hours after the eclipse was over leaving a very bright, but otherwise ordinary, full moon.