• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Things That Make You Happy

5 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Wow, that's a lot of water. Drinking that much water that fast is generally not good for you so don't make a habit of it...

... but you had a good reason for making an exception.

Yes, I am aware that a liter an hour for 7 hours is more than you should drink.

Doc, the human, not the polar bear, is redoing the the cast page for "The Whiteboard", as a reward for Patreon hitting a level,  So far all he has done is change the pictures of the members of the cast that were all ready listed, but I really like the picture of Roger, who was already my spirit animal.  It more reflects me in my natural state.

Roger.jpg

Whelp, new job is arranged, ticket is booked, boxes are mailed, and i still have enough for a decent safety net left in my credit card... whooo...

would be more happy about everything being set, but kinda tired right now... transporting a dozen boxes to the post office is hard...

Easier said than done. Only one of the desktops has updated successfully. Thank goodness it's Mrs. Prof's system, although I did have to fix a major Windows Update issue to get the upgrade to work. Naturally, both of my desktops are hung at 99% of different processes (one on the "Upgrading Windows" circle, the other on the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant's upgrade page). Argh.

Few things.

One, watching Jeff Dunham on YouTube always makes me laugh a little.

Two, Jocelyn Samara DiDominick, the awesome lady who made the webcomic Rain, finally went in for SRS. Woo! I think all of her fans were applauding when they got the news.

Three, my brother got a 3DS, and he said I could borrow it if I asked. So now I can play my Pokemon games again. Woot!

I'm so glad that typing `ls -s "~/foo_dir" "foo_dir"`  instead of `ln -s "~/foo_dir" "foo_dir"` is harmless when you are trying to make a sym-link.

I must make that typo every other time I try to make a sym-link.

#geekproblems.

So, I'm talking to an American (Texan to be specific) in Teamspeak, he's playing a game and talking about zombies and stuff, I look on Steam and he's playing H1Z1 so I'm like "Ah you're playing H1Zed1" (as a Canuck does) and he gives me heck for it. "No, it's H1Zee1" he says. I tell him "It's just doesn't sound right when you say it that way." and go on to mention that a number of zombie games I've heard of, people have shortened the word "Zombie" to "Zed" like "The only good Zed is a dead Zed." A few minutes later, he comes back "Ok calling them Zeds is easier."

I'll slowly convert you all into Canadians ::Evil laughter:: :D

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I'll slowly convert you all into Canadians ::Evil laughter:: :D

LMAO. This reminds me of an incident that once occurred with my friend Liz who is also Canadian. One of the sweetest and gentlest people I have ever known, I once happened to be present when another friend of mine asked her, "So do you speak English with a British or an American accent?" And I swear to God, she bent her head back, looked down her nose at him and in a very offended tone told him, "I speak English with a Canadian accent, thank you."

She is normally so mild-mannered that seeing her offended was actually scary. I actually cringed at her tone of voice. :icon_eek:

I just found out the local Renaissance Faire has *finally* put in Designated Smoking Areas, which means that hopefully the *rest* of the fair is somewhere I can finally go back to!  I used to go every year, even joined Friends of Faire, but I had to drop it because I kept getting chased out of audiences, games, and even lines to get a drink on super-hot days by evil clouds of tobacco smoke.  From what I've read there's a new owner who's really shaping things up.  :-)

Catching up from last weekend, I was really happy to see another big Harry Potter book release party take over downtown MoperNaperville!  Almost all the shops got into it to one degree or another, from renaming the ice cream shop to Florean's and the bookstore to Flourish & Blot's, to having portrait frames in the windows with a rotating cast of costumed characters appearing in the "moving portraits," to having a stage with "wizard rock" and costume contests and such.  There were so many happy people sharing their love for the series!  It didn't matter that the book wasn't a "real" Harry Potter book, just a script for a play that JKR didn't write.  What mattered was getting to relive the fun, one more time!

I was also happy to get to do another group painting class, this one on-theme of a castle on a steep mountainside, with water below and Quidditch hoops visible on the other side (although I made mine a Whomping Willow with a wolf sitting below it).  I've really enjoyed playing around with the art, this being my fourth time, and I think I'm pretty good at it.  I don't foresee buying an easel and a whole set of paints and brushes and canvases, but it's a lot of fun to try it out.

Speaking of trying out creative stuff, MuseCon is this coming weekend, so I'm looking forward to a three-day weekend of using my brain in different ways.... :-D

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

New magic rice machine arrives Thursday before 20:00.  Yay!

What kind was it again?

We've got a Japan-made Zojirushi fuzzy-logic model. We were using it to make some of the best grits you've ever tasted, right up until Mrs. Prof was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. Now it sits on top of our fridge, forlorn and unused. :(

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

New magic rice machine arrives Thursday before 20:00.  Yay!

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

What kind was it again?

Yeah - it doesn't make Shrink Rice or FV5 Rice, does it?

10 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

What kind was it again?

We've got a Japan-made Zojirushi fuzzy-logic model. We were using it to make some of the best grits you've ever tasted, right up until Mrs. Prof was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. Now it sits on top of our fridge, forlorn and unused. :(

Oster this time around.

8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Don't know.  Will publish photos if it does.

16 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I would SO buy one that did, if it was available.

I find it infinitely amusing and pleasing that in the Last Post Wins thread, with the help of a few others, I managed to make a surprisingly zany idea that I now want to adapt into my own work someday; that of a modern era Fiat 500 Abarth which for some reason or another is apparently a nexus and hotbed for interdimensional goings-on, is apparently so swift and agile that despite being severely overloaded with people and objects (>6 individuals + instruments, as well as a guy surfing on top)  it still handles like a dream, and is decked out in upgrades straight out of the Castle of Cagliostro Fiats.

And even if this isn't exactly good writing, just the thought of an overcrowded compact car being driven by a guy in a military uniform, with the creator of the Back to the Future series riding shotgun, and several pour souls crammed in the back seats just makes me smile XD

Still on the fence whether to call it the PlotMobile (since apparently inside the car and in its immediate vicinity; Apparently space is warped, and time is bendable.) or the Grand Arseny (because Lupin, both the first and third; literature class is awesome like that).

Grand Arseny sounds cooler.

How so you even fit six adults into a Fiat 500? Even two people in the back seat are shoulder-to-shoulder--fitting in five passengers besides the driver will at minimum mean that somebody has no seatbelt.