• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It was Elliot and Ellen that were joking about the lingerie beam, but that happened back in I think March of the previous year, the new NP is taking place months later in October, I think Dan is just showing us that Pandora hasn't dropped the spooky cloud routine.

It might have also been Pandora's first "being nice to some one" granting of powers.  Of course of all the main cast, Ellen seems to be the only one that reads her spell book so the odds of her getting a beam that she didn't know about is slim.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

It might have also been Pandora's first "being nice to some one" granting of powers.  Of course of all the main cast, Ellen seems to be the only one that reads her spell book so the odds of her getting a beam that she didn't know about is slim.

Nanase thought she read her spell book fairly often though, which means she probably is the one that reads it the most, she just missed the part about custom fairy outfits, Ellen likely is a close second though, I bet Ellen and Nanase spend some dates together checking to see if they got anything new to play with. :)

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

The Doctor Who costume I think impressed me the most was a TARDIS dress which had a clasp at the waist which the maker could unhook, and swing the front of the dress open to reveal a gorgeous TARDIS interior panel.  Haven't been able to find a picture of it yet.  There've been some awesome Weeping Angels, too, although those have to be performed right to really work!

ETA: Found it!

That's brilliant, I love it!

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I bet Ellen and Nanase spend some dates together checking to see if they got anything new to play with. :)

Dan.  Get on this.  Make this canon.

A question was raised on the Last Post Wins thread in the Games forum.

Why doesn't Tedd write papers about his experiences with changing gender?

While the philosophical, psychological, and sociological insights Tedd could potentially provide by letting himself be studied are significant.  The reality is that he could never release those papers even if he did write them.

When Edward Verres first considered allowing Tedd access to the Uryuom tech, the first question was if Tedd could use this without violating national security,  Edward's need to keep secrets has kept Tedds observations from getting to people who could really use the new perspective.

While a lot of comments have been made about the parenting skills of Edward Verres, I do not believe that this was done out of malice.  It is just one more unintended consequence.

It would take a drastic change in public awareness and perception of magic to make Edward seriously reconsider his position.  To bad there is almost no chance for a big change in the rules of magic any time soon.

On 6/23/2016 at 11:02 AM, ijuin said:

Anyway, we're not certain if Uryuoms have been around humans for a human to have an Uryuom as a long-forgotten ancestor instead of just a grandparent or great-grandparent.

Mmmm....could be....

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

I thought that one was Cranium indulging in cosplay, with Dan hinting at Wolf's "fetish" for aliens.

Well, it's not canon anyway, nothing in the Sketchbook is supposed to be, unless and until The Shive says different. And I concede that if it were canon, cosplay would seem the more realistic explanation. But this is EGS. Since when has reasonableness gotten in the way of fun? How about Cranium pretending to cosplay when she really is an alien-human hybrid?

Speaking of sexy aliens, what's Lavender doing now? Did she follow Edward into his new job, or stay on the staff that Arthur Arthur took over, along with Wolf and Cranium?

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Speaking of sexy aliens, what's Lavender doing now? Did she follow Edward into his new job, or stay on the staff that Arthur Arthur took over, along with Wolf and Cranium?

Yes, she is, Dan covered that in the "New and Old Flames" story arc on what happened after Edward got reassigned. Last we saw her with Edward was in the "Zombie Plans" NP which is canon. Not sure when that story takes place in canon though, it's definitely cold so maybe anytime between November and just before "Squirrel Prophet" takes place.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yes, she is, Dan covered that in the "New and Old Flames" story arc on what happened after Edward got reassigned. Last we saw her with Edward was in the "Zombie Plans" NP which is canon. Not sure when that story takes place in canon though, it's definitely cold so maybe anytime between November and just before "Squirrel Prophet" takes place.

Yes, and the only reason "Zombie Plans" is canon is due to Lavender being in Edwards office.

And I quote from here:

Lavender's mostly there because a) we haven't seen her in a while, and B) the composition for this and upcoming comics was problematic with just Mr. Verres. That said, there's a side effect to her presence, and that's my officially declaring this storyline canon! That might seem nonsensical, but trust me, there's a reason.

You might also be thinking "Um, yeah, I saw the canon-cannon in the commentary for first comic" if you're reading this later, but it wasn't there at first when this storyline was new.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Yes, and the only reason "Zombie Plans" is canon is due to Lavender being in Edwards office.

And I quote from here:

Lavender's mostly there because a) we haven't seen her in a while, and B) the composition for this and upcoming comics was problematic with just Mr. Verres. That said, there's a side effect to her presence, and that's my officially declaring this storyline canon! That might seem nonsensical, but trust me, there's a reason.

You might also be thinking "Um, yeah, I saw the canon-cannon in the commentary for first comic" if you're reading this later, but it wasn't there at first when this storyline was new.

She wasn't the main reason the NP is canon. And I quote from here:

ANYWAY, panel one of this comic is what ultimately made me decide to officially declare this storyline canon. For reasons. Also, this being the last comic of the storyline, I officially knew that there was room for it in canon, so BOOM. Canon-cannon.

Basically Lavender being in the office was something that readers would have expected in canon anyway, but what really cemented the fact was Edward's comments about zombies and variants that could pass as zombies had the tone of "this is how these things work in EGS", a non canon comic likely wouldn't have had Edward exposit the way he did.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Basically Lavender being in the office was something that readers would have expected in canon anyway, but what really cemented the fact was Edward's comments about zombies and variants that could pass as zombies had the tone of "this is how these things work in EGS", a non canon comic likely wouldn't have had Edward exposit the way he did.

Actually, given the previously quoted commentary, I've always assumed Lavender's tail being draped across Edward's shoulders was what he was referring to as far as being a reason to declare the comic canon.

Not exactly sure where this would belong, it's just something silly I just thought about concerning an element of the comic, but really has no relevance to plot. Anyway...

Elliot's phone is probably Android based rather than an iPhone. Why Android?

Easy integration.

:)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Easy integration.

Of simple polynomials, rather than requiring integration by parts? ;):danshiftyeyes:

"Panel four is my favorite, and resulted in me developing a specific technique in Illustrator for transforming solid clothing into fishnet-like meshes without having to manually draw every opening. I admit to thinking shirts and such morphing into fishnet is cool, so it's likely to be seen again. What's less likely is that same fishnet also becoming thinner and thinner until it vanishes, but it could happen if I find a legitimate excuse for it."

--  http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1028

Also Pandora's "I saved your students" line in that strip is interesting, suggesting that she wasn't intending them to be in any way hurt, dangerous as her plan may have appeared.

12 minutes ago, HarJIT said:

Also Pandora's "I saved your students" line in that strip is interesting, suggesting that she wasn't intending them to be in any way hurt, dangerous as her plan may have appeared.

Chaotic, not evil. That being said, I don't let people run Chaotic Neutral alignment in my games, to hard to deal with.

9 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Chaotic, not evil. That being said, I don't let people run Chaotic Neutral alignment in my games, to hard to deal with.

She's probably leaning a bit towards Chaotic Good if you consider her backstory, her wanting Adrian to be free to do whatever he wanted was a good intention, it just turned out that it wouldn't work the way she had hoped so she intends to fix it. Her past has been mucked up with a tragic experience in that she lost a loved one, something probably no other Immortal has experienced. So because Blaike had died trying to save others, Pandora's got a biased view that unless Adrian's willing to go all out and use his full power to help others, holding back just so that his secret can be kept safe is not worth the lives he's trying to protect.

26 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Switch to GURPS; no alignments.

Traveller has no alignments, and D&D 5 has reduced the importance of them, while at the same time actually added non straitjacketed game play mechanical advantages for following them.  Or your back story, for that matter. 

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

She's probably leaning a bit towards Chaotic Good if you consider her backstory, her wanting Adrian to be free to do whatever he wanted was a good intention, it just turned out that it wouldn't work the way she had hoped so she intends to fix it. Her past has been mucked up with a tragic experience in that she lost a loved one, something probably no other Immortal has experienced. So because Blaike had died trying to save others, Pandora's got a biased view that unless Adrian's willing to go all out and use his full power to help others, holding back just so that his secret can be kept safe is not worth the lives he's trying to protect.

I can buy that.

Of course now that Pandora is the collective waifu of the fandom, she is going to turn out to be Evil Incarnate.   But Dan wouldn't do that would he?

18 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Of course now that Pandora is the collective waifu of the fandom, she is going to turn out to be Evil Incarnate.   But Dan wouldn't do that would he?

I don't think so, as I said in the other threads, even though Pandora says she's going to fix things, it's not going to be simple. Best case scenario is she helps deal with Sirleck and Voltaire, unclogs the energy flow, then moves on to finding another way to help Adrian. Worst case, at least in terms tugging on people feelings, Pandora sacrifices herself saving Adrian from Sirleck, her "death" then removes the clog, not sure what, if anything would happen to Voltaire though.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Tara rips is face off and eats his liver would be a good start.

Once up on a time, a big bird was sent to eat the liver of an immortal who displeased the other magical beings.

He didn't die despite the bird returning to finish the job every day.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Once up on a time, a big bird was sent to eat the liver of an immortal who displeased the other magical beings.

He didn't die despite the bird returning to finish the job every day.

Yes, I know.   Sort of the point.