• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Zorua

Things You Only Noticed On Reread

411 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Scotty said:

To be fair, Sarah could have easily been referring to the train wreck of Matt Cohen attempting to ask Susan on a date.

Hm. I don't see how. All that says to me is that Susan has some understandable fears and concerns when it comes to dating, especially when it involves someone she barely knows. Still, point taken. Sarah might have interpreted it that way.

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Hm. I don't see how. All that says to me is that Susan has some understandable fears and concerns when it comes to dating, especially when it involves someone she barely knows. Still, point taken. Sarah might have interpreted it that way.

Yeah, Sarah likely didn't know until Bad Tom happened.

Anyone else feel that page was one of the best Catalina moments? I mean, they're all great, but I think that one made me chuckle the most.

Also seeing Susan and Rhoda together in the imagination frame was interesting--we get to see the contrast between the tallest and smallest of the regular (adult-ish) female characters.

Mr. Verres warns Tedd not to fool around with Grace in her human form, specifically saying she was designed so that she can't get pregnant while transformed.  However, her grandfather tells her, "When you were born, you came out of that egg in your half-squirrel form."  So it isn't the human form Tedd's dad should have been worrying about, because that's a transformed form.  If things worked as described (a big if, I know), then it's only the half-squirrel form that Grace would be able to get pregnant in!

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Mr. Verres warns Tedd not to fool around with Grace in her human form, specifically saying she was designed so that she can't get pregnant while transformed.  However, her grandfather tells her, "When you were born, you came out of that egg in your half-squirrel form."  So it isn't the human form Tedd's dad should have been worrying about, because that's a transformed form.  If things worked as described (a big if, I know), then it's only the half-squirrel form that Grace would be able to get pregnant in!

Grace is likely fertile in all forms, with allowances in the definition of what "fertile" actually means. 

I'm not sure Grace's squirrel-human hybrid could breed with an unmodified human (Tedd).

7 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Grace is likely fertile in all forms, with allowances in the definition of what "fertile" actually means. 

I'm not sure Grace's squirrel-human hybrid could breed with an unmodified human (Tedd).

Another thing to consider is, Grace was originally limited to three forms (human with antennae, half-squirrel and full squirrel), and there were side effects from switching between form, getting zapped by the TFG awakened her Uryuom and Lespuko abilities which allowed her to shapeshift without those side effects as well as being able to add new forms and mix and match forms. Maybe the "can't get pregnant while in x form" restriction was removed as well.

Of course, the full squirrel form may be an exception due to logistics.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Another thing to consider is, Grace was originally limited to three forms (human with antennae, half-squirrel and full squirrel), and there were side effects from switching between form, getting zapped by the TFG awakened her Uryuom and Lespuko abilities which allowed her to shapeshift without those side effects as well as being able to add new forms and mix and match forms. Maybe the "can't get pregnant while in x form" restriction was removed as well.

Of course, the full squirrel form may be an exception due to logistics.

Not necessarily. She could just turn into a six feet tall squirrel.

Unless and until we hear otherwise in the comic, we are left guessing.  Three is a significant chance that nothing has changed about Grace's reproductive ability since Edward's first exposition.

Of course, Grace has been in contact with Dr Sciuridae and her siblings since then and has been transformed via several means.  Anything could be possible at this point.  I wouldn't rule out parthenogenesis.

7 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Of course, Grace has been in contact with Dr Sciuridae and her siblings since then and has been transformed via several means.  Anything could be possible at this point.  I wouldn't rule out parthenogenesis.

Maybe she can give Mr. Verres a headache which eventually causes a fully grown, armed and armoured goddess to spring forth from his brow.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But where's the fun in that?