• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Wixelt

Story: Friday, April 1st 2016

On 4/1/2016 at 7:20 PM, partner555 said:

Four weeks from now? I'm thinking a timeskip is in the works.

Perhaps but I doubt it will quite that straightforward. We have at least the catch up from this weekend's events plus both Sam & Sarah and Justin & Luke's dates to address before then.

1 hour ago, PSadlon said:

Perhaps but I doubt it will quite that straightforward. We have at least the catch up from this weekend's events plus both Sam & Sarah and Justin & Luke's dates to address before then.

Oh right, forgotten about those, though they may be placed in NP instead.

23 hours ago, partner555 said:

Oh right, forgotten about those, though they may be placed in NP instead.

I doubt all of the events. Some maybe but not all off them. 

I really wish we'll get to see Susan and Diane meet before another date storyline. Sure, this date has been much more interesting than I expected, but I honestly have no high hopes for Sarah/Sam OR Justin/Luke. They might join the group eventually, but I'm in no hurry for that. This particular plot thread is much older and much more important.

27 minutes ago, Drachefly said:

If this is on January 17th, when did they just agree to meet?

It's Saturday for them though so if it's not the 11th, it'd be the 18th, which 4 weeks later would be the 15th of February, so no Valentines Day stuff will be happening when they're supposed to be meeting the griffons again. ;)

This is going by the timeline that people have put together, which has the first year of EGS line up like the years 2002 and 2013 (the first official story arc began January 28th 2002 so January 28th is what the accepted day was in the comic itself. I myself have been referring to 2014 for EGS year 2 dates since it logically follows the same pattern. Not saying that it is 2014 in the comic, Dan's been adamant in just saying 20XX, just saying that 2014 is the easiest to follow when trying to pin down dates in EGS year 2.

On 04/02/2016 at 3:08 PM, Scotty said:

It may be a matter of whether Nanase could project her consciousness into a doll through the barrier separating the halves. If the portal is always open (though hidden from plain sight) maybe? If the portal has to be opened by a skilled magic user, then I don't think Nanase knows how to do that yet, and then there's the issue of keeping the portal open so it doesn't prevent her from returning to her body. And even still, it's probably a large distance from the portal to where the griffons live in their half.

Agree: the distance Nanase would need to project to will likely be to the portal and from portal to Griffins. We don't know where the portal is - or how big is Nanase range - but it won't be close AND there is the issue of portal needed to be opened. (Although I'm sure they CAN teach her how to open the portal, they may not have time for that, and the portal likely can't be kept open for long anyway.)

On 04/02/2016 at 3:08 PM, Scotty said:

So last week I noticed that Dan had been making the dates in the hover text all funky. This week, the dates are fine, but the hover text now has page titles. March 28th's is "Checking In" the 30th's is "Critical Information" and April 1st's is "Return in the Avengers".

The page titles ALSO have the titles.

2 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

I really wish we'll get to see Susan and Diane meet before another date storyline. Sure, this date has been much more interesting than I expected, but I honestly have no high hopes for Sarah/Sam OR Justin/Luke. They might join the group eventually, but I'm in no hurry for that. This particular plot thread is much older and much more important.

Hmmm ... how could the next two dates be as interesting as this one ... I guess that just turning Sam male wouldn't be enough, but maybe if his gender isn't only thing Sarah will notice? Perhaps they will meet Carol? .... and regarding Justin/Luke, they will obviously meet rest of Luke's group, but that also wouldn't be enough, unless someone of them will have awakening and without Jerry's serenity spell they will get lot of collateral damage ... hmmmm ... nah. Still not enough. Also, not sure how those two dates could get together as Ellen's and Elliot's date did.

50 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Agree: the distance Nanase would need to project to will likely be to the portal and from portal to Griffins. We don't know where the portal is - or how big is Nanase range - but it won't be close AND there is the issue of portal needed to be opened. (Although I'm sure they CAN teach her how to open the portal, they may not have time for that, and the portal likely can't be kept open for long anyway.)

that also assumes it's the "acts like a doorway" type of portal, not the "cast here to teleport" type.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

*snip*

Hmmm ... how could the next two dates be as interesting as this one ... I guess that just turning Sam male wouldn't be enough, but maybe if his gender isn't only thing Sarah will notice? Perhaps they will meet Carol? .... and regarding Justin/Luke, they will obviously meet rest of Luke's group, but that also wouldn't be enough, unless someone of them will have awakening and without Jerry's serenity spell they will get lot of collateral damage ... hmmmm ... nah. Still not enough. Also, not sure how those two dates could get together as Ellen's and Elliot's date did.

One of the things I've been looking forward to involving Carol would be if/when this secret of the magic build gets out. How will Carol react to finding out her own sister has been pretty much in the middle of assorted goings on and has kept her in the dark?

If Justin's experience is any judge, older sisters are poor choices of confidantes.  We know how Melissa and her sister turned out... 

Carol is a TV reporter.  If Sarah told Carol about magic, could Carol the Reporter honor the confidentiality given to Carol the Sister?

Looking at the two from this vantage the similarity between Melissa's sister and Carol is interesting...

20 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

that also assumes it's the "acts like a doorway" type of portal, not the "cast here to teleport" type.

I don't think it matters for the fairy spell. But if it does, it may only be WORSE.

20 hours ago, Hunendora said:

One of the things I've been looking forward to involving Carol would be if/when this secret of the magic build gets out. How will Carol react to finding out her own sister has been pretty much in the middle of assorted goings on and has kept her in the dark?

Also, how will Sarah react to finding out her sister have magic and didn't told her? (Assuming she really does, as we suspect since http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2114 ).

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Carol is a TV reporter.  If Sarah told Carol about magic, could Carol the Reporter honor the confidentiality given to Carol the Sister?

That is definitely reason to not tell her. Also, they don't seem to be THAT close anyway.

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Looking at the two from this vantage the similarity between Melissa's sister and Carol is interesting...

Depends on the moral character of Carol, and depends on if Sarah thinks to say "Everything here needs to be completely off the record" before telling her anything, and how much Carol's willing to be beholden to that in addition to how she views betraying and endangering family and family friends.

If "Code Spooky" events are common in Moperville, Carol might appreciate having her own "confidential" source for information about what is really happening.

Would Carol be willing to risk losing her job or face contempt-of-court charges to protect the confidentiality of Sarah and her friends?

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, how will Sarah react to finding out her sister have magic and didn't told her? (Assuming she really does, as we suspect since http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2114 ).

Assuming Carol is a "magical girl reporter", she might not know it herself.  She might not have anything to tell Sarah.

So imagine Carol's surprise if Sarah tells *Carol* she has magic...

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That is definitely reason to not tell her. Also, they don't seem to be THAT close anyway.

Carol has to be a bunch of years older than Sarah.  Carol has finished college and established a career in local news.  Carol is 6-8 years older, minimum.  Raising the possibility that Sarah, like Elliot, was a "whoops" baby.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Carol has to be a bunch of years older than Sarah.  Carol has finished college and established a career in local news.  Carol is 6-8 years older, minimum.  Raising the possibility that Sarah, like Elliot, was a "whoops" baby.

Sarah could also have been a "Ok we got carol off to school now, everythings calmed down some, one of us just got a raise, it'd be nice to have another kid now." baby.

It certainly couldn't have been "Lets try for a son this time", or else Sarah probably would have a couple more siblings. ;)

5 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:
On 04/05/2016 at 0:49 AM, hkmaly said:

Assuming Carol is a "magical girl reporter", she might not know it herself.  She might not have anything to tell Sarah.

So imagine Carol's surprise if Sarah tells *Carol* she has magic...

... good point. She may have some magic ability but not actually understood it, much less knowing it's magic.

On 5.4.2016 at 1:49 AM, hkmaly said:

I must be missing something... Why do you think Carol might have magic? Because she turned up at the mall so fast? I don't think that's enough of a reason to assume she has magic she may or may not know about. Sarah's affinity for her spell was incredibly hard to detect according to Pandora, so if Carol has any sort of affinity for magic, I think it would be just as easy to miss.

Also, if Carol does have magic and knows she has it, do you think she'd be willing to tell Sarah about it if she hasn't told anyone else? If Carol wants to keep her abilities a secret, but is still willing to "out" everyone else, then she is a total hypocrite. So I say she'd better be a Muggle!

2 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

I must be missing something... Why do you think Carol might have magic? Because she turned up at the mall so fast? I don't think that's enough of a reason to assume she has magic she may or may not know about. Sarah's affinity for her spell was incredibly hard to detect according to Pandora, so if Carol has any sort of affinity for magic, I think it would be just as easy to miss.

Note how she stood still with her eyes closed for a moment, then suddenly launched into "Who wants an interview?" It looks very much like she was stopping to use some sort of spell, especially some kind of area-or-remote-perception spell (some have speculated that it is similar to Sarah's spell--a 3D virtual snapshot of her surroundings that can be examined at the speed of thought).

39 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Note how she stood still with her eyes closed for a moment.

Which is something I do, and I've seen other people do, to calm down when in a stressful situation. She just lost a shot at would have been a good story, i think that counts as stressful. and the interview idea could just be her desperate attempt to salvage the situation.

The way I see it was Carol was all frantic rushing in and finding out she just missed Cheerleadra. She then closes her eyes in a "Okay calm down Carol, we can still do something with this can't we? Wait, this is a mall, lots of witnesses!". She would have been so eager to get right to it that she wasn't aware of Phil initially. No special magic ability needed for that, just a one track mindset.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

"Okay calm down Carol, we can still do something with this can't we? Wait, this is a mall, lots of witnesses!"

Not to mention that a lot of them has smart phones with cameras. So interview them and make sure to get permission to use as many recordings as possible...