• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Friday July 7, 2017

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

t's safe to assume that if Pandora, Helen, Demetria, Adrian, or DGB were, he'd be thermidor by now.

Pandora is aware of Sirleck because she had Magus get Sirleck's help originally. Pandora just isn't aware that Magus went back to Sirleck after she left Magus adrift and that Sirleck has been bringing vampires into Moperville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

it's safe to assume that if Pandora, Helen, Demetria, Adrian, or DGB were, he'd be thermidor by now.

 

10 hours ago, hkmaly said:

What? Eleventh month in calendar? Or the lobster-based dish?

Or are we anticipating that Sirleck's own minions will take him to the Guillotine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or are we anticipating that Sirleck's own minions will take him to the Guillotine?

How many minions does Sirleck have left? None at the moment, unless you count the vampire mercenaries, and even they may not recognize him because Sirleck was riding the rich old man when he hired them. Who the hell is going to obey a butler/valet/anonymous flunky? The old man is dead; Sirleck can't animate his body any more.

I think Sirleck's biggest mistake wasn't inhabiting his young secretary's body. As I pointed out quite some time ago, while there might have been probate challenges, rich old men leaving their fortunes to pretty young things isn't exactly unprecedented. Anna Nicole Smith? Anyone? Anyone? Even if it would really have tied up the old man's fortune for years, the secretary's bod wouldn't wear out as fast as the old man's.

I guess Sirleck wasn't able to let go of the pleasure of male chauvinism even for a bit. Or maybe he retained the homophobic part of his former humanity?

Oh, wait, Dan has the option of having Sirleck show up again in yet another body, maybe the dancing secretary, maybe someone else. Maybe even someone we've grown fond of...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom Sewell said:

I think Sirleck's biggest mistake wasn't inhabiting his young secretary's body.

Sirleck probably didn't desire to possess females though. Despite the fact that Sirleck is no longer Human, he probably still identifies as male and so only takes male hosts. Or he's just sexist and feels that possessing woman would be degrading to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Sirleck probably didn't desire to possess females though.

I believe I kind of said that.

Anyway, maybe it's because he couldn't possess her. It could be because he's restricted to male hosts. Or maybe he's restricted to corrupted hosts. Now the butler/valet/anonymous flunkie doesn't seem particularly corrupted, but we haven't seen very much of him, have we? Perhaps he wasn't really actively evil, but then again, how long had he worked for a man anyone would recognize as despicable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Now the butler/valet/anonymous flunkie doesn't seem particularly corrupted, but we haven't seen very much of him, have we? Perhaps he wasn't really actively evil, but then again, how long had he worked for a man anyone would recognize as despicable?

The same would work for the secretary, wouldn't it?

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Despite the fact that Sirleck is no longer Human, he probably still identifies as male and so only takes male hosts. Or he's just sexist and feels that possessing woman would be degrading to him.

I think it's not about degrading but about the fact it's harder to buy sex for lesbians than for men. Secretary working for rich old man wouldn't be surprised by sexual harassment - and, if the pay is good, many might not even complain (although less than it used to be ; Sirleck certainly miss those "good old times"). But sexual harassment of woman from woman would surprise, even today.

(This would be in addition to the "identifies as male" part.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the secretary might have been corrupted. However, that would likely mean she was out to marry the fabulously wealthy, sick old man, which would sort of make her the perfect host to leave his fortune to, wouldn't it? Plus there's a certain amount of ironic justice in such a fate for her that even Sirleck couldn't fail to appreciate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Friday, July 07, 2017 at 1:05 AM, hkmaly said:

Susan got into group due to Nanase, so indirectly by Elliot again ...

Susan got into the group by dint of being Sarah's best friend, not solely becuase she knows Nanase.

So, now that Tedd's been told he can essentially change reality (from what I understand), how long will it take before he considers changing things so his mother never left him? The change would ripple through the entire cast! 

-Tedd may know Elliot still, though they may or may not be friends - they met when Elliot defended shy Tedd on the playground, and from what I can tell, if Tedd's mother hadn't left, he might not have been shy to the point of being mute.

-Tedd would have had a better relationship with Sarah right out of the gate - no TF gun (which, frankly, was given to him to work on out of his father's pity; that may not have happened with his mother in the picture), no accidentally transforming Sarah in the first place.

-Goo might still have happened, but potentially with a very different outcome; would Grace and still have sought Tedd out, and what would his mother have done about it?

-Sarah would probably still be friends with Susan; as mentioned in comic, they had a lot of shared classes. Susan and Elliot probably still would have known Nanase due to French class in ASMA respectively; Elliot would probably still know Justin

-Ellen would probably not exist; again, no TF Gun, potentially no Grace, no accidentally turning Elliot into a girl, no need for the DD.

-Adrian Raven may still be involved in his Godson's life, and therefore may not have adopted Noah; no telling for sure there.

-Come to think on it, if Noriko was still in Tedd's and Edward's lives, it's entirely possible she would have just infiltrated the Nest and stole Grace away from there beofre Damien had a chance to get in. In which case, Grace could be Tedd's adopted sister instead.

Granted all of that is pure speculation on what could happen, but it's a pretty big thing!

Other speculation!

1) Voltaire and Arthur J. Arthur are either in cahoots or are actualy the same person; both want the end of magic for humans, after all. 

2) Noriko learned transformation magic from Adrian, changed how she looked and had an affair with Susan's dad, who Adrian had introduced her to in the first place, thus making the divorce his fault still. (Ok, yeah, probably not. :P )

3) Not knowing how old he is, and discounting the idea of art style being a factor, Abner could be Susan's dad, and/or another of Adrian's children (if indeed Adrian is related to them at all).

Okay, so almost the entire post is speculation. Meh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

1) Voltaire and Arthur J. Arthur are either in cahoots or are actualy the same person; both want the end of magic for humans, after all.

I've already speculated that the real Arthur might be dead and Voltaire has been impersonating him. But Voltaire would have to spend a large part of his time being Arthur, so unless he can be in two places at once, it doesn't seem to be the most likely possibility.

Cahoots is more possible. But if Arthur knows even half as much about Immortals as Edward does, he should know that the games they play with humans are all about manipulating them.

We really haven't been given a lot of knowledge about Arthur J. Arthur. We don't even know if he has any magic; you don't have to be a wizard to dress up in a pointy hat, a robe, and carry a big staff with a jewel or a big piece of colored glass. The one thing we know he taught Edward was how to cover up magic and alien encounters. Being replaced by a younger who actually does have magic could be another factor in Arthur's behavior now, over and above Edward being a protege of Adrian Raven, someone we definitely know Arthur J. Arthur does not like.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

So, now that Tedd's been told he can essentially change reality (from what I understand), how long will it take before he considers changing things so his mother never left him? The change would ripple through the entire cast! 

I think that would involve time manipulation which has been established as not being possible in EGS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Yes, the secretary might have been corrupted. However, that would likely mean she was out to marry the fabulously wealthy, sick old man, which would sort of make her the perfect host to leave his fortune to, wouldn't it? Plus there's a certain amount of ironic justice in such a fate for her that even Sirleck couldn't fail to appreciate.

Marry - or sue him for sexual harassment and get the money that way. Or, she planed to say she have child with him, no matter if true or not. But in any case, I doubt anyone would be surprised if she got the money, so yes, good host.

(I suppose even the marriage is an occupation hazard for woman who try to sue for sexual harassment.)

38 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:
On 7/7/2017 at 8:05 AM, hkmaly said:

Susan got into group due to Nanase, so indirectly by Elliot again ...

Susan got into the group by dint of being Sarah's best friend, not solely becuase she knows Nanase.

True.

38 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

So, now that Tedd's been told he can essentially change reality (from what I understand), how long will it take before he considers changing things so his mother never left him? The change would ripple through the entire cast! 

That's not what he has been told. The power to bend worlds to his will doesn't necessary mean ability to change history (also, specifically said to be impossible in EGS, as Scotty reminded). That said, the speculations are funny so I would comment:

38 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

-Tedd may know Elliot still, though they may or may not be friends - they met when Elliot defended shy Tedd on the playground, and from what I can tell, if Tedd's mother hadn't left, he might not have been shy to the point of being mute.

Would be funny if Tedd met Elliot in ASMA dojo because Noriko would pressure him to do some martial arts.

ESPECIALLY likely if Noriko would realize ASMA dojo works.

Tedd would be unlikely to be good in it anyway, but it would be another group activity ...

38 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

Tedd would have had a better relationship with Sarah right out of the gate - no TF gun (which, frankly, was given to him to work on out of his father's pity; that may not have happened with his mother in the picture), no accidentally transforming Sarah in the first place.

Remember it will be TEDD doing the changes. He would certainly make sure there will be some other reason why he would end up with TF gun - he might overlook some things but he would definitely pay attention to this one. Especially considering TF gun was reason why he started researching magic which lead to him finding out being Seer.

Convincing his father would likely be harder, but on the other hand, maybe non-shy Tedd would be better at convincing. He might however be stabler and not experiment on friends so much, or at least test it first.

Alternatively, it might be NORIKO who would totally support Tedd getting TF gun as way to give him some way to compensate for his lack of magic abilities.

38 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

Goo might still have happened, but potentially with a very different outcome; would Grace and still have sought Tedd out, and what would his mother have done about it?

First, why should it happened with different outcome? Second, again, Tedd would pay attention to Grace. Third, Grace might have other reason to end up with Mr. Verres. But it would be truly interesting what would Noriko's opinion on her son practically marrying alien shapeshifter be. Would she welcome shapeshifter in family or would she worry about her grandchildren having harder access to magic? Would it MATTER to her with Tedd not having magic according to tests?

... would Noriko have other child meanwhile?

38 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

Ellen would probably not exist; again, no TF Gun, potentially no Grace, no accidentally turning Elliot into a girl, no need for the DD.

Main reason for Ellen is Magus. I already mentioned that TF gun would likely stay. It would be more work for Magus to convince stabler Tedd, also with Noriko in picture it's less likely Tedd would be alone home to have opportunity to go for DD ... unless, of course, Noriko even when technically home would be out of work even more often than Edward, which is quite likely, so ...

38 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

Adrian Raven may still be involved in his Godson's life, and therefore may not have adopted Noah; no telling for sure there.

I think he WOULD adopt Noah BUT he would make sure Noah and Tedd know each other. In fact, without Noriko leaving, Adrian would take an active role in forming and training main eight equivalent.

Wait. Maybe Grace would still arrive at Edward's house but it would be NOAH she would start dating.

38 minutes ago, Kazzellin said:

Come to think on it, if Noriko was still in Tedd's and Edward's lives, it's entirely possible she would have just infiltrated the Nest and stole Grace away from there beofre Damien had a chance to get in. In which case, Grace could be Tedd's adopted sister instead.

Or, alternatively, she would find and kill Damien AFTER his attack but long before the story, recovering Grace and her siblings. Which could ALSO end up with Grace being Tedd's adopted sister - especially if Tedd would pay attention to Grace when changing reality but forgot about Westermarck. The probability of Grace dating Noah RISES.

Also, better relationship with Sarah and less shy Tedd in general might mean Tedd will be dating SARAH.

And you forget that IF Mrs. Kitsune opinion on Noriko was result of her abandoning family, they might be still on speaking terms and Nanase and Tedd would be closer.

15 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

We really haven't been given a lot of knowledge about Arthur J. Arthur. We don't even know if he has any magic; you don't have to be a wizard to dress up in a pointy hat, a robe, and carry a big staff with a jewel or a big piece of colored glass. The one thing we know he taught Edward was how to cover up magic and alien encounters. Being replaced by a younger who actually does have magic could be another factor in Arthur's behavior now, over and above Edward being a protege of Adrian Raven, someone we definitely know Arthur J. Arthur does not like.

I think he does have magic ; however, I think he has considerably less magic than Edward, possibly not being wizard, which leaves the factors in behaviour you spoke about.

I already said that his reason for not liking Adrian Raven might be that he is jealous he didn't had so good teacher when young ; especially if he blames his teaching and not his lack of talent/affinity for his limited magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I very much doubt Tedd could change his own past by making his mother follow a different path.  That would be a Time Travel problem which seems to be impossible in EGS.

But would our Tedd search out the multiverse for other Tedds and interfere with their lives?  Perhaps not so violently as we were told about Lord Tedd.  But would he try to explain the "Genderfluid" concept to a parallel Edward so he doesn't make his Tedd emotionally distant?  Could he figure out a way to keep an alternate Noriko from leaving her son and husband?  Or maybe go to a world where they point the scary magic detector wand at infant Tedd for the first time and tell them that their kid does have magic, it's just a different kind that your wand can't register (Seer details may or may not be included).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But would our Tedd search out the multiverse for other Tedds and interfere with their lives?  Perhaps not so violently as we were told about Lord Tedd.

Just because it will be less violent it's not better idea. If you do change like that, it makes you sort of responsible if it turns out badly ... DO Tedd wants this kind of responsibility? Maybe for one other Tedd, just for experimenting, but doing it on mass scale?

43 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But would he try to explain the "Genderfluid" concept to a parallel Edward so he doesn't make his Tedd emotionally distant?

That would be pretty hard to do, appearing between Edward and trying to explain something like this :) He would likely be more interested in who you are. I mean who Tedd is.

44 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Could he figure out a way to keep an alternate Noriko from leaving her son and husband?

Not without first observing how exactly it happened. Lot of work with lot of potential for emotionally hard scenes ...

46 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or maybe go to a world where they point the scary magic detector wand at infant Tedd for the first time and tell them that their kid does have magic, it's just a different kind that your wand can't register (Seer details may or may not be included).

Hmmm ... messing with the detector might be most compatible with what Tedd actually CAN do and while it doesn't guarantee Noriko will stay it has quite good chance. Presumably, non-seer wand makers are registered by wand ; he should be able to modify the detector to fake-report him being normal wand maker, which might not be exactly what Noriko expected but much easier to accept for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or maybe go to a world where they point the scary magic detector wand at infant Tedd for the first time and tell them that their kid does have magic, it's just a different kind that your wand can't register (Seer details may or may not be included).

Maybe the magic detector wand makes that scary sound because magic doesn't want it to be easy to detect seers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or maybe go to a world where they point the scary magic detector wand at infant Tedd for the first time and tell them that their kid does have magic, it's just a different kind that your wand can't register (Seer details may or may not be included).

Maybe the magic detector wand makes that scary sound because magic doesn't want it to be easy to detect seers.

1) The magic detector makes the same sound on EVERYONE. Tedd is just more scared of it because they were using it to him often when he was child.

2) Wouldn't pretending that seers are normal magic users be more useful than pretending they have no magic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

1) The magic detector makes the same sound on EVERYONE. Tedd is just more scared of it because they were using it to him often when he was child.

If it made the same sound for everyone, why didn't someone try to fix that? A digital readout that says "YUP" is pretty sophisticated as wands go, isn't it?

29 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

2) Wouldn't pretending that seers are normal magic users be more useful than pretending they have no magic?

Except that they can teach others how to use magic, including perhaps perfectly average French or Belgian jerks? Seems to me that would lead to lots and lots and lots of humans getting magic, which is kind of what magic is so hissy about now.

But you have a point. Noisy wands would attract attention and increase the chance that some researcher could stumble on the Secrets of the Seers without having to have tea and scones with Heka.

Of course, there's not a lot of evidence that the Will o' Magic is especially smart or attentive. Why did it allow the fire-throwers to multiply into a horde before the last reset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Of course, there's not a lot of evidence that the Will o' Magic is especially smart or attentive. Why did it allow the fire-throwers to multiply into a horde before the last reset?

Because having that horde of fire-throwers go into battle against people with non-magical weapons, and cutting off their power just as the battle began, was an effective way to get rid of a bunch of people who knew about and had experience with magic and thus would be more likely to discover the new rules quickly, and were likely to share the knowledge to a horde of people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Because having that horde of fire-throwers go into battle against people with non-magical weapons, and cutting off their power just as the battle began, was an effective way to get rid of a bunch of people who knew about and had experience with magic and thus would be more likely to discover the new rules quickly, and were likely to share the knowledge to a horde of people?

What a wonderfully evil thought! Thought of going into politics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

1) The magic detector makes the same sound on EVERYONE. Tedd is just more scared of it because they were using it to him often when he was child.

If it made the same sound for everyone, why didn't someone try to fix that? A digital readout that says "YUP" is pretty sophisticated as wands go, isn't it?

And after fixing that, maybe you should fix the jackhammer to be less noisy. Removing the sound may not be so easy.

(Also, technically, the detector made the same sound even before being pointed to anyone ... probably has some moving parts inside and the sound is them being moved.)

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Because having that horde of fire-throwers go into battle against people with non-magical weapons, and cutting off their power just as the battle began, was an effective way to get rid of a bunch of people who knew about and had experience with magic and thus would be more likely to discover the new rules quickly, and were likely to share the knowledge to a horde of people?

What a wonderfully evil thought! Thought of going into politics?

That kind of thinking was sufficient for politics in 16th century. You need more to succeed NOW.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Of course, there's not a lot of evidence that the Will o' Magic is especially smart or attentive. Why did it allow the fire-throwers to multiply into a horde before the last reset?

The mechanism of magic reset might be impossible to activate quickly.

While removing the magic just on start of battle was effective and dramatic, which would both be good enough explanations by itself, I also suspect that it was close to first opportunity when reset might've happened, because magic is NOT thinking in same way as humans.

Possibly, there was someone like Grace visited by Dream Wizard who had the last opportunity to stop the reset but failed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The mechanism of magic reset might be impossible to activate quickly.

I doubt that. If it failed just at the worst possible time for that horde, it suggests the WoM was waiting for the best time to take the shot.

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That kind of thinking was sufficient for politics in 16th century. You need more to succeed NOW.

What, spin doctors? They had them in the 16th century. One of them went by the name "Shakespeare", maybe you've heard of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
44 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The mechanism of magic reset might be impossible to activate quickly.

I doubt that. If it failed just at the worst possible time for that horde, it suggests the WoM was waiting for the best time to take the shot.

I doubt the horde was behaving unpredictably. Even mere human would be likely to guess correctly when they attack days in front. Also, hitting the best time exactly might just mean the process was possible to pause for few hours despite being already days in progress.

Again: remember Disco Wizard and his hald-heartedly fulfilling some ... it may be impossible to activate the reset without fulfilling some "...", which takes some time.

30 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
44 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That kind of thinking was sufficient for politics in 16th century. You need more to succeed NOW.

What, spin doctors? They had them in the 16th century. One of them went by the name "Shakespeare", maybe you've heard of him.

Well, for start, spin doctors which have more knowledge about modern media (especially social ones) than Shakespeare. Also, money ; while they did have that in 16th century as well, I don't think it would be safe to go to politics with campaign financed by unspecified amount of gold coins with unclear origin. On the other hand, they are people who got into politics with money with similarly unclear origin, so maybe ...

Also, you need to update your list of poisons.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, for start, spin doctors which have more knowledge about modern media (especially social ones) than Shakespeare.

To be fair, I don't really feel that Shakespeare can be blamed for his lack of knowledge about modern media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now