• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Friday August 31, 2018

Yeah, Lucy is surprised Diane is surprised. No surprise.

... also, noone noticed how much that hurt Diane. No surprise either.

And no, Rhoda. It's not the collar. It's the eyes. You have puppy eyes.

I suppose if anyone try to claim something about Nanase, others would hide behind corner, just to be sure. If that ever happened. Someone might even say stuff like "don't mention her name when talking like that, didn't you see her flying? She's totally witch and may hear you."

(And, considering she has spell which tells her how many people are watching ... she didn't get the "hearing what people say about her in whole school" spell only because she never cared.)

I wanna hug Diane soo much right now, cus Rhoda and Lucy aren't...well Lucy I wouldn't have expected to be the type to hug anyone in a situation like this, but Rhoda totally should be.

I'm still torn about Lucy's behavior, Rhoda's said in the past that she never got along with her, and while Lucy is still apparently making fun of Rhoda being short here, she was quite truthful about telling Rhoda what people thought of her. Maybe her snarkiness just hides the fact she cares most of the time.

This is definitely the closest thing to nice we've ever seen Lucy be to Rhoda. She's still delivering it in a condescending manner, sure, but her intent here doesn't seem to be the usual "be quiet and know your place, runt" thing.

Also, while Lucy is trying in her own way to support Diane ("Women get jealous. People can't handle the truth"), I too am surprised Rhoda's not being more actively supportive of her friend.

Also also... that Diane isn't crying right now stands out to me in a comic which normally isn't shy about its characters shedding tears (heck, Sarah recently wept hard over Pandora, whom she'd only just met and befriended). I'd think if ever there were a time when it'd be natural to cry, it'd be learning that people think you're a loose bimbo. Maybe Diane just isn't a crier?

58 minutes ago, TamarTree said:

Also also... that Diane isn't crying right now stands out to me in a comic which normally isn't shy about its characters shedding tears (heck, Sarah recently wept hard over Pandora, whom she'd only just met and befriended). I'd think if ever there were a time when it'd be natural to cry, it'd be learning that people think you're a loose bimbo. Maybe Diane just isn't a crier?

Well, she's still dealing with her emotions from discovering her family tree, up to and including learning a male adult she already knew beforehand was her biological father. I'd say she could cry, but she's still dealing with a lot of other conflicting emotions.

1 hour ago, TamarTree said:

This is definitely the closest thing to nice we've ever seen Lucy be to Rhoda. She's still delivering it in a condescending manner, sure, but her intent here doesn't seem to be the usual "be quiet and know your place, runt" thing.

I'm also surprised by how relatively nice Lucy is being.

I think Diane is the sort who (short of the death of someone she's close to, or something like that) would try to avoid crying in public.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm still torn about Lucy's behavior, Rhoda's said in the past that she never got along with her, and while Lucy is still apparently making fun of Rhoda being short here, she was quite truthful about telling Rhoda what people thought of her. Maybe her snarkiness just hides the fact she cares most of the time.

She definitely cares about Rhoda. You can care about someone and still not get along with him, especially if you don't understand her ...

13 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I'm also surprised by how relatively nice Lucy is being.

It is contrast to what we saw before, on the other hand if it isn't first time it explains why are they still together.

Also, while Lucy is trying in her own way to support Diane ("Women get jealous. People can't handle the truth"), I too am surprised Rhoda's not being more actively supportive of her friend.

She's distracted. Also, she doesn't EXPECT Diane needs support, although if she was paying attention she might realize it.

15 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Well, she's still dealing with her emotions from discovering her family tree, up to and including learning a male adult she already knew beforehand was her biological father. I'd say she could cry, but she's still dealing with a lot of other conflicting emotions.

Also, Diane doesn't WANT to cry in front of Lucy.

14 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I think Diane is the sort who (short of the death of someone she's close to, or something like that) would try to avoid crying in public.

... or in public, yes.

This is the first time I’ve appreciated Lucy. I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again, but I appreciate honesty. Even blunt honesty is perferable to me, then to people who mislead me witg good intentions. It doesn’t mean I don’t understand the latter, or even understand why it’s occasionally necessary, just that it isn’t something I like.

Just now, hkmaly said:

... or in public, yes.

I think the dam will burst at some point though, either before school's out, or as soon as she gets home, something's gotta give. :(

56 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
9 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think the dam will burst at some point though, either before school's out, or as soon as she gets home, something's gotta give.

An Angst Induced Awakening perhaps?

She STILL didn't done any training.

Depending upon the level of angst, training may not be necessary.

And she has already been training in stealth techniques that managed to fool drunk college kids and a megalomaniac aberration.

If the recent comics can be believed, she is already developing the skills of hiding in plain sight without even trying.

Had it or had it not that Rhoda was called a runt before is not up for discussion.

Also, yup, I can now see that Rhoda has been toying around with Lucy lately.

"Rumors... Human Nature's Improper Messenger."