• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

NP Monday, March 14, 2016

8 hours ago, Wildcat said:

So many great stories XD

Living in a dorm, I'm beginning to resent the fact that I have to put on a shirt to go take a shower XD

Oh? I take of my shirt to shower XD

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think when she went human she wore clothes simply because they told her to. "Put this on and transform to human." They likely didn't bother explaining why or giving her any choice in anything in general.

Yeah, that sounds about right for evil scientists. Still, I suppose it's slightly better than letting a young girl be naked all the time, even though they really should have explained it to her.

15 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Still, I suppose it's slightly better than letting a young girl be naked all the time, even though they really should have explained it to her.

Speaking about young girl ... how old was Grace when Damien attacked?

Well we have this case where Edward demanded she wear a shirt because he didn't want her being indecent when she turned to her human form. We also have this case where Grace specifically says Edward doesn't allow her to run around naked. She still does it, just not when he's home.

And yeah, Grace wasn't forced to get a job, she wanted to so she could pay back the kindness Edward showed in letting her stay with him and Tedd, even after the situation with Damien had been resolved. She doesn't want to feel like she's freeloading. Edward could have told her she could go with her family, but considering he had gone through the trouble of giving her the psych evaluation "tests" during her stay, Edward must have seen the positive effect Grace had on Tedd and knew that making her leave would be as bad on Tedd as it was when Noriko left.

38 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well we have this case where Edward demanded she wear a shirt because he didn't want her being indecent when she turned to her human form. We also have this case where Grace specifically says Edward doesn't allow her to run around naked. She still does it, just not when he's home.

Interesting. In the first case, Edward likely talked to her exactly as the scientists. But there could still be multiple reasons ; the second example is clearer, although it's still question what exactly Edward said. (We DO know that he didn't explained it properly, but did he at least tried?)

41 minutes ago, Scotty said:

And yeah, Grace wasn't forced to get a job, she wanted to so she could pay back the kindness Edward showed in letting her stay with him and Tedd, even after the situation with Damien had been resolved. She doesn't want to feel like she's freeloading. Edward could have told her she could go with her family, but considering he had gone through the trouble of giving her the psych evaluation "tests" during her stay, Edward must have seen the positive effect Grace had on Tedd and knew that making her leave would be as bad on Tedd as it was when Noriko left.

Her family might be freeloading as well, only from government money :)

But yes: Edward is not likely to throw her out because no matter what would the effect on Grace be, it would certainly be worse on Tedd. Question is if Grace realizes it, and if she does if that makes her feeling more or less guilty about the freeloading.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Speaking about young girl ... how old was Grace when Damien attacked?

Days before her sweet 18th, so appromixately 17.

Granted, she so does not look like she is 16 back then (and even now). Age is not a factor in appearance. (and v/v)

Before that, eh prolly 8 or 10.

We don't know how long Damien had control of The Nest, Grace said he moved them around a lot before returning to The Nest, and Hedge's statement in panel 3 implied Damien's attack happened years ago. We know she ages slower than normal so she looks a couple years younger, but I'd say she was probably no older than 14 when Damien attacked and they'd been moving around for a few years searching for other "Nests" and Dr Sciuridae.

5 hours ago, partner555 said:
13 hours ago, Wildcat said:

So many great stories XD

Living in a dorm, I'm beginning to resent the fact that I have to put on a shirt to go take a shower XD

Oh? I take of my shirt to shower XD

Well, in the shower yes. And I could use a towel (bleh). But there's a hallway between my room and the showers, and I think they'd frown on me running around shirtless.

5 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Well, in the shower yes. And I could use a towel (bleh). But there's a hallway between my room and the showers, and I think they'd frown on me running around shirtless.

Ah yes, the horrors of living in a Co-Ed dorm. The trade offs you have to live with almost make living off campus worth it.

14 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Yeah, that sounds about right for evil scientists. Still, I suppose it's slightly better than letting a young girl be naked all the time, even though they really should have explained it to her.

I expect they didn't really see her as a person, much less as a "young girl".

2 hours ago, OzLionHeart said:

Not all of them. We know there were at least two people who were nice to Grace before Damien came - Dr. Sciuridae and Mr. Guyur. We know that Sciuridae treated Grace well, but it was precisely because of that that the other scientists figured out that he had replaced the original human donor's blood with his daughter's blood and had him transferred. Grace also described Mr. Guyur "nice, in his own way" and we all know what happened to him.

I just remembered, I had theorized that the NP could possibly take place just prior to the card tournament, one of the clinchers would have been if Tedd made an appearance with his new hairstyle, but another thought was that Grace would have changed from the outfit she wore when the NP started, to the oufit she wore to the card tournament. The sweater she suddenly puts on is not what she wore to the tournament so unless she changes again, I'm probably going to have to retract that theory. It's all on Tedd having new hair now. ;)

7 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:
10 hours ago, OzLionHeart said:

Not all of them. We know there were at least two people who were nice to Grace before Damien came - Dr. Sciuridae and Mr. Guyur. We know that Sciuridae treated Grace well, but it was precisely because of that that the other scientists figured out that he had replaced the original human donor's blood with his daughter's blood and had him transferred. Grace also described Mr. Guyur "nice, in his own way" and we all know what happened to him.

I think that the other scientist didn't exactly ended better than Mr. Guyur. Dr. Sciuridae might've been only scientist who wasn't on site when Damien attacked.

21 hours ago, Scotty said:

We don't know how long Damien had control of The Nest, Grace said he moved them around a lot before returning to The Nest, and Hedge's statement in panel 3 implied Damien's attack happened years ago. We know she ages slower than normal so she looks a couple years younger, but I'd say she was probably no older than 14 when Damien attacked and they'd been moving around for a few years searching for other "Nests" and Dr Sciuridae.

Yes, that's what I was speaking about. Damien might've attacked before she reached puberty.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, that's what I was speaking about. Damien might've attacked before she reached puberty.

That's quite likely the only reason that Grace was left alone. Damien was a fanatic and as far as he knew she was his only chance to create his master race. I don't remember if he knew about the Uryuom and their eggs, but I think that at least initially he didn't and he fully intended to breed Grace, so her age was probably what stopped him.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Or, it might have been her reaching puberty that triggered the attack.  He let them take care of her until she showed signs of being potentially fertile, as many hybrids in the real world are not, and then claimed her.  If he found out about the eggs in the course of the raid, that might be why he then held off on raping her until finding out whether that better option panned out.  If making eggs is a conscious action, better to keep Grace afraid of him but relatively well-cared-for so she'd be less likely to flatly refuse to make them.  After all, if, in the end, he still couldn't get her to do it, hecould always go back to the original plan, in which she'd have no choice.... :-(

We know Hedge lied about Elliot being alone when he brought him to the nest, he had also stated that if he couldn't find Grace, he was under orders to bring back any female which means Damien didn't have to use Grace for breeding. Grace was the preferred choice but Damien would have used what was avaliable. Sarah could have been taken as well, and forced into breeding by Damien, but Hedge let her go with the information needed to mount a rescue mission.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

We know Hedge lied about Elliot being alone when he brought him to the nest, he had also stated that if he couldn't find Grace, he was under orders to bring back any female which means Damien didn't have to use Grace for breeding. Grace was the preferred choice but Damien would have used what was avaliable. Sarah could have been taken as well, and forced into breeding by Damien, but Hedge let her go with the information needed to mount a rescue mission.

I remember Hedge being told not to come back empty handed, but I don't recall him being told to bring back another female besides Grace. Not saying Damian didn't ever say that, but B/C I am tired if he did I can't recall.

This what was I was talking about where Hedge lied. Damien stated "You should have at least brought back a female." Elliot later asked Hedge about it. And then later still when Nanase and Ellen made their way in, Hedge was concerned about there being women in the Nest and was trying to think about a way to keep Damien from finding out.

You know, Hedge was actually a pretty smart guy, he didn't want Damien to succeed in his plans but he knew he couldn't confront Damien directly so he did everything he could to delay Damien. It was likely his idea to get Grace out of the Nest to find help and then he took as long as possible to "find" her. When he met Elliot, yeah he didn't know that the cat form was caused by a piece of transformation technology but still he knew there was something about Elliot that made him think that he could be useful in some way. Taking only him instead of both him and Sarah insured that a rescue would be made. He probably didn't expect Grace to be part of the rescue team nor other females, but it still resulted in Damien's defeat.

10 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Or, it might have been her reaching puberty that triggered the attack.  He let them take care of her until she showed signs of being potentially fertile, as many hybrids in the real world are not, and then claimed her.  If he found out about the eggs in the course of the raid, that might be why he then held off on raping her until finding out whether that better option panned out.  If making eggs is a conscious action, better to keep Grace afraid of him but relatively well-cared-for so she'd be less likely to flatly refuse to make them.  After all, if, in the end, he still couldn't get her to do it, hecould always go back to the original plan, in which she'd have no choice.... :-(

It's also possible that as a megalomaniac, he expected Grace would LIKE to have sex with him. Later, he realized that wouldn't be the case or got more desperate.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

This what was I was talking about where Hedge lied. Damien stated "You should have at least brought back a female." Elliot later asked Hedge about it. And then later still when Nanase and Ellen made their way in, Hedge was concerned about there being women in the Nest and was trying to think about a way to keep Damien from finding out.

You know, Hedge was actually a pretty smart guy, he didn't want Damien to succeed in his plans but he knew he couldn't confront Damien directly so he did everything he could to delay Damien. It was likely his idea to get Grace out of the Nest to find help and then he took as long as possible to "find" her. When he met Elliot, yeah he didn't know that the cat form was caused by a piece of transformation technology but still he knew there was something about Elliot that made him think that he could be useful in some way. Taking only him instead of both him and Sarah insured that a rescue would be made. He probably didn't expect Grace to be part of the rescue team nor other females, but it still resulted in Damien's defeat.

Actually, his only hint for the rescue was "the nest". Without Grace, they wouldn't be able to decipher it. I think he suspected they know Grace from the first contact, but wasn't sure about it. Remember, it was ELLIOT who tried to lie there ...

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

he had also stated that if he couldn't find Grace, he was under orders to bring back any female which means Damien didn't have to use Grace for breeding.

Non-human female, presumably. If Damien would want human female, he would have lot of options. Of course, if some female would directly came to the nest and would therefore need to be taken care of anyway ...

Even if Hedge wasn't 100% sure that Sarah knew Grace, he had enough hope that she did or else he'd think it'd be useless telling her that. And we know Elliot's a bad liar. ;)

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ah, I remember that part now, thanks.

My guess as to why Edward Verres did not insist that Grace should live with her family once the Damien issue was resolved was that "the family" was being moved to an undisclosed facility.

Considering the trouble that was made the last time Tedd went to a secret government facility unsupervised, Edward did not want to risk it happening again because Tedd would have found and gone to Grace.  Better just to let her stay here.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

My guess as to why Edward Verres did not insist that Grace should live with her family once the Damien issue was resolved was that "the family" was being moved to an undisclosed facility.

Considering the trouble that was made the last time Tedd went to a secret government facility unsupervised, Edward did not want to risk it happening again because Tedd would have found and gone to Grace.  Better just to let her stay here.

:)

Yeah, that would be another explanation. Even if he wouldn't approve Tedd's relationship with Grace, or at least tolerate it because it obviously have positive effect on Tedd, he could still be afraid of what could Tedd do if he would tried to stop that relationship.

Remember that the main reason Tedd didn't weaponized TF gun is that he has no reason to. Also, even at the point of resolving Damien issue the rest of main eight had considerable strength. Now, I'm not saying they would be able to defeat DGB (yet), but they could cause considerable damage before being catch and imprisoned - and Edward wouldn't like either.