• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday January 2, 2017

I think this is good answer to people thinking Pandora is not as crazy as would match her age. This doesn't exactly look as sane though process.

Also, I think this indirectly supports my idea that she vowed to Sarah to help her because without the vow, she could forget.

(I'm actually surprised none of those thoughts look as something induced by some previous vow.)

Also, seems she had better idea how Tedd would react on the news about Will of magic than Voltaire.

WAIT. Maybe if she would be fast enough she could meet Voltaire? No, he's hidden on spirit plane ...

41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

WAIT. Maybe if she would be fast enough she could meet Voltaire? No, he's hidden on spirit plane ...

And Pandora herself said they could even hide their presence from each other.

Does Tedd even know who she is?

Has anyone told Tedd that a mentally unstable immortal thinks of him as her grand godson?

We know Pandora appeared to Edward and his team in her child form.  Would he recognize her in her adult form?

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Has anyone told Tedd that a mentally unstable immortal thinks of him as her grand godson?

Look, you're the expert here. Don't tell me that every single God-King in your line were playing with a full deck. Just look into your family relations and you should have a good baseline for what might happen.

And confirmed that Pandora does not know about Dex and the dragon fight.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think this is good answer to people thinking Pandora is not as crazy as would match her age. This doesn't exactly look as sane though process.

(I'm actually surprised none of those thoughts look as something induced by some previous vow.)

If anything this shows that Pandora just got a firm grasp on reality. All the thoughts floating around aren't current, but how she remembers reacting to many situations, like when Adrian first took Noah in, she probably objected to it or didn't see the point of it, but now she does.

The part about the unwaking wolf, really does sound like it was the werewolf that Abraham was responsible for accidentally creating that killed Blaike.

And she did seem to believe that Edward was in the wrong with he and Adrian had their falling out.

I don't think any of that raises any question of her sanity, anyone could have moments where they let their emotions cloud their judgment, and I think Blaike's death affected her greatly and that drove some of her decisions. Misguided by emotion? Sure. Insane though? I'd say she's been behaving like a Human and a mother.

I'm also thinking that the stuff about Pandora wanting to be surprised and not know the outcomes of events also comes from her time with Blaike and not just her being an Immortal getting bored. I think she's trying to hold onto that feeling that she had when she first met Blaike, but Adrian wanting to help people reminded her about how Blaike died, so there was conflicting feelings.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, seems she had better idea how Tedd would react on the news about Will of magic than Voltaire.

Seems she got the idea after Voltaire witnessed Tedd's reaction. Will be interesting to see what Pandora does though. After her self reflection just now, I'm thinking she's going to be more open about things. She'll need to once she sees Tedd.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Seems she got the idea after Voltaire witnessed Tedd's reaction. Will be interesting to see what Pandora does though. After her self reflection just now, I'm thinking she's going to be more open about things. She'll need to once she sees Tedd.

Given her instability, I'm willing to bet that she'll fly off the handle when she finds out what happened to Tedd. She's going to be looking for the entity who made him depressed, and she's not going to give said entity a cordial greeting.

Just now, ProfessorTomoe said:

Given her instability, I'm willing to bet that she'll fly off the handle when she finds out what happened to Tedd. She's going to be looking for the entity who made him depressed, and she's not going to give said entity a cordial greeting.

While I'm hoping that she'll still tear Voltaire to shreds over what he's been doing. I think the Will of Magic is beyond her reach and tearing it apart will likely cause even more problems if she somehow could.

I don't know how she'll react when she sees the state that Tedd's in, but considering her thoughts in panel 7, she's expecting the worst and panel 8 shows her rushing off to try to comfort him like a mother. Whether or not she gets the chance to is another matter, it's possible something, or someone could interrupt things.

Pandora is having a breakdown, no questions, but is hardly insane.  With a slight change in subject I have basically had the same breakdown and two thoughts thread effect several times.  I really feel for her right now.  I still don't think she is the Big Bad of this arc, nor really any arc now that we know who tried to kill Elliot.

Of course I am on disability because of having breakdowns like that, so I might not be the best person to evaluate Pandora right now.

15 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Of course I am on disability because of having breakdowns like that, so I might not be the best person to evaluate Pandora right now.

Conversely, you might be the very best person to judge. Some amount of empathy and understanding is in my opinion an integral part of making fair judgments. Without understanding the impetus behind an individual's actions, any judgment becomes problematic at best.

Personally, I would trust your judgment in this more than that of most others. Yes, it may be flawed. But I would prefer to have judgment weighted in favour of compassion rather than devoid of it.

In my opinion she is doing the same thing now as Susan did for Justin at the party.  Pushing aside her own massive issues and seeing to how Tedd is doing.  We will see on Monday.

7 minutes ago, mlooney said:

In my opinion she is doing the same thing now as Susan did for Justin at the party.  Pushing aside her own massive issues and seeing to how Tedd is doing.  We will see on Monday.

You mean Wednesday? Or are you thinking Dan will jump to someone else before showing us how Tedd's doing?

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised, Dan still has to show us Elliot and Ashley, which logically would be the next step before jumping back to Tedd, it'd be cruel to us readers to leave this hanging though. ;)

If Pandora is going to show herself to Tedd, then there's a fair chance that she will reveal some details of her identity to him (e.g. that she is his Godfather's mother).

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

If Pandora is going to show herself to Tedd, then there's a fair chance that she will reveal some details of her identity to him (e.g. that she is his Godfather's mother).

And do we know that Tedd knows he has a Godfather, or that it's Adrian?

We know that Tedd is aware of Adrian.

When Grace talked to Tedd about her plans in Death Sentence, Tedd knew Adrian was magical.  Of course this information could have come from Nanase who may have told the others what she heard when Adrian confronted Abraham.

I know we have seen group photos of Adrian with Noriko and Edward in Adrian's home.  Have we ever seen photos like that hanging on Edward's walls?

Nanase and her mother have both talked about Adrian Raven as their teacher.  Did Tedd overhear any of those comments?  Did those comments lead to follow up questions on Tedd's part?

Basically, is there a reason why Tedd would have asked Edward directly about Adrian since Edward came to the realization that he must not intentionally lie to Tedd about matters magical, or equations both the simple and quadratical.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Relevant detail added

We know Adrian had been near Tedd when Tedd was a baby, Tedd might have seen him on a couple of occasions before Edward and Noriko divorced but was probably still pretty young and forgot about him over time.

Grace would have mentioned Mr Raven as her teacher to Tedd prior to the incident with Abraham, and Nanase would have told him about the Elf part because she would have told all of them about what she heard and how Adrian tried to protect Ellen from Abraham, Nanase and Ellen had wondered how old he was because of the fact that he taught Mama Kitsune and I would image that they would completely understand how that was possible now but I don't think they would have questioned if he had been involved in their lives beyond school. Grace, Sarah and Susan would have likely passed along the info that Jerry had recommended going to Adrian for help if they ever needed it. Beyond that, the only other information would be what Grace learned about Adrian's past with Tedd's parents and that Adrian blames himself for their marriage falling apart and we don't have any evidence that she's told Tedd about that.

14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I think Pandora is either resetting or rushing to have a talk with Tedd.

Why should she reset? OF COURSE she's rushing to Tedd.

14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Does Tedd even know who she is?

... although I'm not sure if her plan is to TALK with Tedd.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

If anything this shows that Pandora just got a firm grasp on reality. All the thoughts floating around aren't current, but how she remembers reacting to many situations, like when Adrian first took Noah in, she probably objected to it or didn't see the point of it, but now she does.

Like the "we didn't know who would win" one? Emphasis on "we".

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Pandora is having a breakdown, no questions, but is hardly insane.  With a slight change in subject I have basically had the same breakdown and two thoughts thread effect several times.  I really feel for her right now.  I still don't think she is the Big Bad of this arc, nor really any arc now that we know who tried to kill Elliot.

I wouldn't call breakdown "sane though process" even if only person who admitted having similar breakdowns wouldn't be on disability for that.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Conversely, you might be the very best person to judge. Some amount of empathy and understanding is in my opinion an integral part of making fair judgments. Without understanding the impetus behind an individual's actions, any judgment becomes problematic at best.

Not best person to evaluate her sanity. But I agree with mlooney being best person to judge.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

You mean Wednesday? Or are you thinking Dan will jump to someone else before showing us how Tedd's doing?

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised, Dan still has to show us Elliot and Ashley, which logically would be the next step before jumping back to Tedd, it'd be cruel to us readers to leave this hanging though. ;)

Yes, for some reason I was thinking it was Friday.

2 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

And do we know that Tedd knows he has a Godfather, or that it's Adrian?

Even if Tedd doesn't know, the moment that it gets back to Edward (and it will), then Edward will know immediately who she must be.

27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I wouldn't call breakdown "sane though process" even if only person who admitted having similar breakdowns wouldn't be on disability for that.

SaMe though process. Not saNe though process.  The human brain really isn't made for that type of dual threaded operation.  Normally only one thread is in the foreground and the others are background processes that may trigger a change in state.

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

This doesn't exactly look as sane though process.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Pandora is having a breakdown, no questions, but is hardly insane.

45 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

13 minutes ago, mlooney said:

SaMe though process. Not saNe though process.  The human brain really isn't made for that type of dual threaded operation.  Normally only one thread is in the foreground and the others are background processes that may trigger a change in state.

Did I get lost somewhere?