• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Monday May 15, 2017

8 minutes ago, partner555 said:

A male being attracted to Noah doesn't really prove anything.

Dan's commentary doesn't really confirm or deny it either. So Dan's either leaving it up to interpretation, or he hasn't really figured it out one way or another.

4 minutes ago, partner555 said:

A male being attracted to Noah doesn't really prove anything.

I am not sure I agree. It might prove that that specific male is attracted to androgynous/intersex individuals. And it may even indicate a tendency towards bisexuality, be it mild or strong.

In any event, today's strip should certainly be a boon to Elliot/Justin shippers and probably also Elliot/Tedd shippers.

On May 15 2017, Dan Shive said:

...his spell book, which is so terribly written I can't even show it because nothing I could write could possibly be as incomprehensible as it's meant to be

This confirms that none of Elliot's new vision abilities grants the power to more easily comprehend the spell-book.

3 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

It might prove that that specific male is attracted to androgynous/intersex individuals.

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Well, Noah can make straight guys see rainbows.

Link for reference.

Also there was Tony's reaction to seeing Tedd (well Grace as Tedd) without glasses. Maybe Tony's been picking on Tedd so much because he's got some attraction to him that he's in denial about?

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Maybe Tony's been picking on Tedd so much because he's got some attraction to him that he's in denial about?

To quote Helena, "Ya think?"

Thanks for the rainbow reference, BTW.

Related Thought

I bet Tony has never met Nanase yet. Most logical place to run into Nanase? How about the Mall? How long would Nanase put up with him? Would Tony mistake Nanase for Tedd? Would Nanase kill  Tony before Nanase's mom killed him?

Perhaps this could really happen: Nanase saves Tony's life. Or Susan saves his life. Or Justin saves his life. Now that would be a story for the Shipping News.

53 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Hang in there, Justin! There may be hope yet!

... seriously? Elliot already has Ashley and Susan in queue. Also, I think he would mention Justin ...

... so far, we have Noah and Tedd as examples and those are pretty androgynous, Justin very much isn't.

Meanwhile, Justin has Luke now.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

So Dan's either leaving it up to interpretation, or he hasn't really figured it out one way or another.

I think leaving it to interpretation would be dangerous if he already figured out ... :)

3 hours ago, Stature said:

To be honest, prolonged exposure to TGness is why.

"Teenage hormones." Edward is right.

It's not 100% guaranteed, but I can confirm that it is entirely possible under the right circumstances.

cough.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Perhaps this could really happen: Nanase saves Tony's life. Or Susan saves his life. Or Justin saves his life. Now that would be a story for the Shipping News.

I don't know about Susan, he's been on the receiving end of her hammers. But then again, Elliot did technically save Tony from the bloodgrem despite Elliot claiming it doesn't count as "saving your worst enemy", it didn't seem to improve relations much though.

Justin and Nanase don't know Tony so there may be a time that they could rescue him and then later find out who he is. They may just be of the "no one deserves this, even if they are jerks" ideal.

Something about the last panel has me curious, Elliot's got her arm raised up and the hash lines by her head definitely give the impression that she's not just casually mentioning Noah. Is Elliot shocked that the time spent playing basketball with Noah sparked some sort of attraction? Elliot didn't seem interested at all in Noah's sweaty manhugs before, but Noah is fairly androgynous looking so it wouldn't be hard to believe Elliot might have had stray thoughts. Introspection is a relatively new thing for Elliot, he might be overthinking some things. It's possible Elliot might consider trying anything at least once just to see if he likes it or not.

So while he may not be gay, it's possible he's bi, but he won't know for sure unless him and Ashley do another dressing room session with Ashley as a guy this time.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

So while he may not be gay, it's possible he's bi, but he won't know for sure unless him and Ashley do another dressing room session with Ashley as a guy this time.

As far as we know, Ashley can't do that herself (yet) and Elliot can't do that to her (yet), so someone else would have to help.

However, here may be a relevant reference to how deep Elliot's sexual preference(s) might be buried.

Edited by Tom Sewell
Added link

8 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

As far as we know, Ashley can't do that herself (yet) and Elliot can't do that to her (yet), so someone else would have to help.

It's only a matter of time, and whether or not Magic doesn't change, before she is officially introduced to Tedd.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It's only a matter of time, and whether or not Magic doesn't change, before she is officially introduced to Tedd.

Right, Ashley and Susan talked while Tedd and Sarah were present here, here, and here, but neither was introduced.

29 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

However, here may be a relevant reference to how deep Elliot's sexual preference(s) might be buried.

Not sure that counts, because the venus form works the same way that the TFG does, Susan being V5'd would enhance her attraction to men, Also, At Grace's birthday, Susan followed up by asking Tedd why it makes girls V5'd bisexual to which Tedd said it didn't and said it's possible that the amplified feelings of lust might confuse a woman into thinking she was attracted to other females.

We don't have any evidence that Elliot would be even more attracted to men is an MV5 complete with pheromones and libido enhancements because that doesn't exist, as it is the only times we've seen Elliot show attraction to males was in a female form supplied by the TFG or the Mild Mannered secret ID. That's why Elliot isn't sure if any attraction is natural or magic related.

4 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Right, Ashley and Susan talked while Tedd and Sarah were present here, here, and here, but neither was introduced.

I didn't mean introduced in a "Ashley, this is Tedd. Tedd, Ashley" way, more like "If you promise not to tell anyone, Tedd has a device that can transform you if you want to give a manly makeouts a try next."

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I didn't mean introduced in a "Ashley, this is Tedd. Tedd, Ashley" way, more like "If you promise not to tell anyone, Tedd has a device that can transform you if you want to give a manly makeouts a try next."

Yes, that too. Although assuming we ever see Ashley again, maybe conversation might turn to exactly how Elliot began transforming, maybe when they discuss Elliot's poster boy/girl/whatever and his/her/whatever request.

12 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Well, Noah can make straight guys see rainbows. But maybe Elliot should ask Sarah to lend him her Kinsey scale.

I have issues with the Kinsey scale when it comes to gender-changing individuals, as it uses terms like "heterosexual" and "homosexual" to express the difference in preferences, taking no account for people with variable gender identities. In fact, if one recalls my post from last week, I have issues with those terms overall. Thus, I have redefined them and created new ones for gender fluid individuals. YES, THIS KINDS OF THING KEEPS ME AWAKE NIGHTS! So without further ado:

Ran-san's new sexual preference dictionary for dualgender, multigender, and gender-fluid individuals:

• androsexual - One who is sexually attracted to the male genderform regardless of one's own gender.
  • asexual - One who is not sexually attracted to any genderform, regardless of one's own gender
  • bisexual - One who is sexually attracted to both the male and female form. (this definition hasn't changed much from the original)
  • gynosexual - One who is sexually attracted to the female genderform regardless of one's own gender.
  • heterosexual - One who is sexually attracted to the opposite genderform from their current one.
  • homosexual - One who is sexually attracted to the same genderform as their current one.
  • omnisexual - One who is sexually attracted to any and all genderforms and variations therein. SEE: Harkness, Captain Jack
  • XXXXsexual - One who is sexually attracted to a specific individual, regardless of both that person's and their own current genderform. (i.e. "Teddsexual", "Ranmasexual", etc.)

Now, if someone could make a Kinsey Scale to accompany THAT, I'd be impressed.

And by the way. This comic pretty much states that Elliot is bisexual with a strong gynosexual leaning in either form.

7 minutes ago, Ran-san said:

And by the way. This comic pretty much states that Elliot is bisexual with a strong gynosexual leaning in either form.

Maybe. Seems clear to me in Dan's commentary that he is clearly not making himself clear.

Hey, your scale doesn't have fetishes at all. Here are some suggestions:

• Shoes
  • Hose
  • Shimapan
  • Nekomimi (Tedd, Kitty, possibly Rhoda)
  • Furries (Quite possibly Tedd)
  • Rubber
  • Leather
  • Aromas
  • Lolicon, Shotacon
  • Adult Babies
  • Sheep (real or inflatable)

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe. Seems clear to me in Dan's commentary that he is clearly not making himself clear.

Hey, your scale doesn't have fetishes at all. Here are some suggestions:

• Shoes
  • Hose
  • Shimapan
  • Nekomimi (Tedd, Kitty, possibly Rhoda)
  • Furries (Quite possibly Tedd)
  • Rubber
  • Leather
  • Aromas
  • Lolicon, Shotacon
  • Adult Babies
  • Sheep (real or inflatable)

No, what Dan seems to be leaving vague is if he was always that way, or if he's adapted due to being able to switch genders.

And  fetishes are a WHOLE different axis. Because if a person likes a fetish, they'd prefer to share it with the genderform(s) they are attracted to. They aren't mutually exclusive. Also, you can have more than one, making it harder to "scale".

11 minutes ago, Ran-san said:

Now, if someone could make a Kinsey Scale to accompany THAT, I'd be impressed.

It has been discussed here before about how the Kinsey scale isn't the best tool for measuring sexuality, and I believe Dan has also admitted that it doesn't cover all the bases, but I don't think anyone would expect the characters to know of anything else without looking. Apparently Sarah's the only one that has, as she's referred to it twice now, she must have looked it up sometime before MV5 so I wonder what caused her to look it up? Her experiences with Grace and Tedd? Maybe it was as far back as Grace's birthday party when her and Elliot were genderswapped.

1 minute ago, Ran-san said:

And  fetishes are a WHOLE different axis. Because if a person likes a fetish, they'd prefer to share it with the genderform(s) they are attracted to. They aren't mutually exclusive.

You are absolutely right. My post was more about getting to the inflatable sheep (which I've seen) than anything else. That's why I didn't get into the really icky stuff like necrophilia.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

You are absolutely right. My post was more about getting to the inflatable sheep (which I've seen) than anything else. That's why I didn't get into the really icky stuff like necrophilia.

Yeah, people attracted to non-sentient forms (animals) was a level I was trying to avoid myself. It brings up a lot of squick to me. Mostly due to reasons of consent.

You may have noticed by my avatar that I am a large fan of Ranma 1/2. I've read both the anime and the manga. In one storyarc in the manga, there is a tribe of people called The Musk that live near Jusenkyo and for generations reproduced by defeating an animal, dunking it in the Spring of Drowned Girl, and "taking it as a wife"...mating with it. Now, I was HORRIFIED by this information in the arc when I read it, and I had to mull on it to find all the reasons. The Musk were beating up animals, forcing it's form (and gender) into one pleasing to The Musk, sealing it in said form, then raping it until it was pregnant. And that's the dirty word at the end there. There was no consent in any of this.

And that my issue with humans being attracted to non-sentients. Because animals cannot consent, it squicks me out and I don't like to talk about it.