• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story, Monday, Dec 23, 2019 [Party-101]

Recommended Posts

http://egscomics.com/comic/party-101
Yup, as we concluded: testing in fun way is OK but Tedd should be looking.

Hmmm ... Susan usually doesn't wan't any hugs, but she already hugged multiple people AND it's true that it must've been long time since she had opportunity to be hugged while resting her head on someone's breasts ...

... and yeah I'm sure there is no way to stop the shipping, mainly because that ship already left dock long ago. Just like this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Susan wants to experience a hug that can fully envelop her, as she could back when she was originally child-sized. I am betting that her mother stopped showing her that sort of affection not too long after the breakup with Susan's father.

Oh, and regarding the ship that sailed in the EGSNP strip, I only just realized that the ship (by sail plan) is a Yawl, making a pun with Y'all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ijuin said:

I think that Susan wants to experience a hug that can fully envelop her, as she could back when she was originally child-sized. I am betting that her mother stopped showing her that sort of affection not too long after the breakup with Susan's father.

Hmmm ... she said she wants hug before and there seem to not be classical hug afterwards, but hard to say.

50 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Oh, and regarding the ship that sailed in the EGSNP strip, I only just realized that the ship (by sail plan) is a Yawl, making a pun with Y'all.

I suspect someone already mentioned it somewhere ... however, I don't think Dan has this kind of ship knowledge, AND if he would have, he would likely mention it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And apparently the door has flipped, the knob is now on the left side. Panel 1 also makes it look like it's a lot closer to the wall mirror, but panel 3 shows that there is still a gap between them.

Either it flipped on it's own, which should have been noticeable to everyone next to it, or one of them moved it for some reason.

Edit: Disregard the above, my perspective was messed up.

10 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... Susan usually doesn't wan't any hugs, but she already hugged multiple people AND it's true that it must've been long time since she had opportunity to be hugged while resting her head on someone's breasts ...

The last time Susan hugged Sarah, Susan was the tall one, well, not much taller, but still. Sarah is someone Susan is probably more comfortable with hugging (as is Tedd, Nanase and Diane now), and there is some appeal to having someone bigger than you hugging back, like being wrapped in a warm blanket.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... she said she wants hug before and there seem to not be classical hug afterwards, but hard to say.

You're saying that Sarah's size is appealing to Susan for hugging because it would feel like hugging her mother when she was a kid?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

it must've been long time since she had opportunity to be hugged while resting her head on someone's breasts ...

 

12 hours ago, ijuin said:

I think that Susan wants to experience a hug that can fully envelop her, as she could back when she was originally child-sized. I am betting that her mother stopped showing her that sort of affection not too long after the breakup with Susan's father.

 

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

You're saying that Sarah's size is appealing to Susan for hugging because it would feel like hugging her mother when she was a kid?

It was somewhat startling to me when I first realized (while in elementary school) that I was taller than my grandmother

----------  --------------  ------------  -------

But contemplating the relationships between children and adults made me think of something else

So far, almost everyone in this group has admitted to some degree of struggle or weirdness in their childhood
Almost everyone...

So far, the strangest thing about Sarah's childhood was having Elliot and Tedd as friends
And is simply being from the mythical land of "California" sufficient to say that Ashly had an unusual background?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... she said she wants hug before and there seem to not be classical hug afterwards, but hard to say.

You're saying that Sarah's size is appealing to Susan for hugging because it would feel like hugging her mother when she was a kid?

It was ijuin who came with the idea, but I find it plausible. Note that Susan may not realize it herself - I mean, not realize WHY it's so appealing to her.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So far, almost everyone in this group has admitted to some degree of struggle or weirdness in their childhood
Almost everyone...

So far, the strangest thing about Sarah's childhood was having Elliot and Tedd as friends
And is simply being from the mythical land of "California" sufficient to say that Ashly had an unusual background?

I think Sarah having Tedd as friend and being transformed to catgirl who can only say "meow" totally counts. Or do you consider it not weird enough?

Meanwhile, Ashley's struggling came from the fact that despite being from California everyone was assuming she's from Japan. It may not be much but at least something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It was ijuin who came with the idea, but I find it plausible. Note that Susan may not realize it herself - I mean, not realize WHY it's so appealing to her.

Ahh, but now that I think about it, I don't think Susan's mom was the one that stopped, I mean, we have flashbacks where Susan's mom is trying her best to be there for Susan, maybe to the point where she might be seen as spoiling Susan, it's possible Susan became averse to that kind of attention.

41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think Sarah having Tedd as friend and being transformed to catgirl who can only say "meow" totally counts. Or do you consider it not weird enough?

I think "The Incident" is included in the "Having Elliot and Tedd as friends" package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It was ijuin who came with the idea, but I find it plausible. Note that Susan may not realize it herself - I mean, not realize WHY it's so appealing to her.

Ahh, but now that I think about it, I don't think Susan's mom was the one that stopped, I mean, we have flashbacks where Susan's mom is trying her best to be there for Susan

It's possible. IMHO it's nothing weird if teenager don't want to be hugged from mother - and Susan has additional baggage on top of that.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

maybe to the point where she might be seen as spoiling Susan, it's possible Susan became averse to that kind of attention.

... I think that "spoiling" is giving the children everything they want. This is not spoiling, at least not typical one, given that Susan would totally prefer to go there later when she would actually be able to use the language ... and it's no wonder Susan became averse to THIS kind of attention. Like, her mother will give her everything except to actually try to understand her.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think Sarah having Tedd as friend and being transformed to catgirl who can only say "meow" totally counts. Or do you consider it not weird enough?

I think "The Incident" is included in the "Having Elliot and Tedd as friends" package.

Possibly, but my point was that it proves that Sarah definitely isn't exception to the "everyone in this group has admitted to some degree of struggle or weirdness in their childhood". It may not even be the weirdest thing which happened to her.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

... I think that "spoiling" is giving the children everything they want. This is not spoiling, at least not typical one, given that Susan would totally prefer to go there later when she would actually be able to use the language ... and it's no wonder Susan became averse to THIS kind of attention. Like, her mother will give her everything except to actually try to understand her.

Well her mom might also wish for Susan to not experience betrayal again, which would fit with the comment about Susan becoming a lesbian. The other thing was that when asked by Ellen about whether she knew of any cousins that looked like her, Susan stated that the only family she cared about was her mother so maybe they're not all that distant from each other.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 5:03 AM, Scotty said:

Well her mom might also wish for Susan to not experience betrayal again, which would fit with the comment about Susan becoming a lesbian

Uh ... well, sure, that makes sense, but I don't see how it's related to France.

On 12/24/2019 at 5:03 AM, Scotty said:

The other thing was that when asked by Ellen about whether she knew of any cousins that looked like her, Susan stated that the only family she cared about was her mother so maybe they're not all that distant from each other.

Seems so. Of course, that note is suspicious, as she apparently DOES have some cousins.

Of course, her opinion of her mother (and her cousins) could've changed during time. We also don't know how common occurrence stuff like the trip to France was ... I mean, it's possible her mother embarrassed her regularly, but it's also possible she embarrassed her less often than is usual for mother of teenager.

Susan's attempts to be self-sufficient (like caring about price of her SMS) might easily be because she blamed HERSELF for that embarrassment when her mother got her to that trip and not her mother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Seems so. Of course, that note is suspicious, as she apparently DOES have some cousins.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Of course, her opinion of her mother (and her cousins) could've changed during time.

Susan wasn't in the mindset to think about family at the time, she also wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. Later on she was in a happier mindset.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

We also don't know how common occurrence stuff like the trip to France was ... I mean, it's possible her mother embarrassed her regularly, but it's also possible she embarrassed her less often than is usual for mother of teenager.

Susan's attempts to be self-sufficient (like caring about price of her SMS) might easily be because she blamed HERSELF for that embarrassment when her mother got her to that trip and not her mother.

It could be common enough that Susan developed the desire to get the things she wants herself, and while it may not have been her mother's intention at the time, Susan might have got the idea that the only person she can rely on is herself. When Susan asked about going to France, she might have been thinking "If mom says it'd be ok, I can start saving up for it now" but then her mom was like "No, you deserve to go now, I'll pay for the ticket"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, that last panel speaks to me on multiple levels. I think the combination of the human desire for physical contact (hugs), and specifically from someone who is taller or larger than  I am, must trigger some kind of latent memory or instinct. Not to get too scientific, but you see it in animals like cats - when you do things like picking them up by their scruff (disclaimer: don't do this to an adult cat) and they go limp, or when littermates who've grown up together wash each other by mimicking the behaviour of their mother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CNash said:

when you do things like picking them up by their scruff (disclaimer: don't do this to an adult cat) and they go limp

... yeah, especially if the cat is fat. Just because veterinarian might try it as last resort move doesn't mean it's good idea in everyday handling of cat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CNash said:

Honestly, that last panel speaks to me on multiple levels. I think the combination of the human desire for physical contact (hugs), and specifically from someone who is taller or larger than  I am, must trigger some kind of latent memory or instinct. Not to get too scientific, but you see it in animals like cats - when you do things like picking them up by their scruff (disclaimer: don't do this to an adult cat) and they go limp, or when littermates who've grown up together wash each other by mimicking the behaviour of their mother.

Yes, it speaks to childhood memories of having somebody bigger and stronger as a protector (whether physical protection, emotional protection, or both).

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... yeah, especially if the cat is fat. Just because veterinarian might try it as last resort move doesn't mean it's good idea in everyday handling of cat.

The way I learned it is that for an adult cat, you grab them by the scruff but don't lift them up--instead you press the cat down gently so that they are lying flat on their belly. This usually quiets my cat down pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ijuin said:
9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... yeah, especially if the cat is fat. Just because veterinarian might try it as last resort move doesn't mean it's good idea in everyday handling of cat.

The way I learned it is that for an adult cat, you grab them by the scruff but don't lift them up--instead you press the cat down gently so that they are lying flat on their belly. This usually quiets my cat down pretty quickly.

Makes sense.

I don't have cat. My sister had one when we still lived together but that's years ago. I like cats, but only from safe distance ... I'm allergic to them. I mean literally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Makes sense.

I don't have cat. My sister had one when we still lived together but that's years ago. I like cats, but only from safe distance ... I'm allergic to them. I mean literally.

Well, I didn't think you were figuratively allergic to cats...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I'm allergic to Cats

That can be the only reason my eyes get so watery over the story of Grizabella

A lot of people seem to have developed an allergic reaction to the movie adaptation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CNash said:
13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't have cat. My sister had one when we still lived together but that's years ago. I like cats, but only from safe distance ... I'm allergic to them. I mean literally.

Well, I didn't think you were figuratively allergic to cats...

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I'm allergic to Cats

That can be the only reason my eyes get so watery over the story of Grizabella

The difference between literal allergy and figurative one is that for the figurative one distance is not helping at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Makes sense.

I don't have cat. My sister had one when we still lived together but that's years ago. I like cats, but only from safe distance ... I'm allergic to them. I mean literally.

22 hours ago, CNash said:

Well, I didn't think you were figuratively allergic to cats...

Being literally allergic to cats would be when you have an allergy to reading about them.

Being figuratively allergic to cats would be when you have an allergy to seeing images of cats. People can haz this, lol.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
can haz edit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Or maybe just having a phobia of them, which is all too possible. :(

No, it is not possible

Phobia implies an irrational or excessive fear

There is no such thing as "Too Much" fear when we must confront our feline overlords

Love Cats
Admire Cats
Take them into your family
Treat them as friends
But always fear them and remember your proper place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this