• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Monday November 21, 2016

29 minutes ago, Stature said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=541

This is your left hip speaking! :demonicduck:

With the prevalence of phones, it's surprising that people still consider weird if voice comes from unusual direction or if someone seems to talk to himself.

Regarding Catalina's idea: that's unlikely to help. You would then not be sure if you remember how you came yesterday or today.

Regarding mannequin: I can imagine live girl combining short shorts or skirt with fur jacket. In fact, I don't need to imagine, I saw multiple cases like this. For lot of girls and some women, looking pretty is more important than having legs in warm.

Catalina! You almost said something other than jackass or a variant of it!

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

With the prevalence of phones, it's surprising that people still consider weird if voice comes from unusual direction or if someone seems to talk to himself.

There's a commercial that's been around for a couple years now that has an old lady walking through a grocery store carrying on a conversation with seemingly no one while other customers give her odd looks, until she brushes her hair back to reveal a bluetooth earpiece for a cellphone.

So yeah it'd be very believable that Rhoda could be talking over speaker with Catalina. Catalina's little slip would raise eyebrows, but I don't think anyone would really think it'd be worth investigating.

Catalina has the right idea with the speaker-phone excuse. Thanks to such devices being common, speaking to the air and having a voice speak back is no longer an oddity. The excuse can work as long as neither of them says anything about Catalina literally being inside Rhoda's jacket.

One more note: Sure, the middle mannequin has same clothes as Ashley the first day ... but we never saw Ashley's knees in that outfit. Pity.

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Catalina! You almost said something other than jackass or a variant of it!

It's ok, they are not in school, so she can't be expelled for it.

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

So yeah it'd be very believable that Rhoda could be talking over speaker with Catalina. Catalina's little slip would raise eyebrows, but I don't think anyone would really think it'd be worth investigating.

Yeah. It's normal to talk like this. It's less normal to talk ABOUT talking like this. "I'm on speaker" would be ok, as it might be understood as realization she's on speaker as opposed to headphones, but "we are talking over phones" is weird thing to say.

More than once I have ventured through the snow in shorts and a heavy jacket.

If someone wakes you up to do something outside when "Lake Effect Snow" is in the weather report, going out in shorts will allow you to decline additional requests with less drama.

On another note (B#) are we going to see the mannequin panel as a sketchbook?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Relevant detail added

17 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Jinks have been spotted at the mall!  Please take action as needed.

On a sidenote, your avatar just made me realise that Doc and Roger have yet to invent a shrinking ray.

About jinks level: maybe EGS needs a jinks warning level. Sort of like that national alert level with the weird colours, divided into Low, Low to Medium, Mid, Mid to High, and Hijinks.

17 minutes ago, mlooney said:

You mean, of course, a version of  'Dew...

Oh what lovely havoc would ensue. Mind you, their weaponised 'Dew already successfully turned poor Jinx into the Hulk, so they are probably headed in that direction.

15 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Still waiting on the amateur's mistake Pandora mentioned.

It'll show up just as Rhoda and Catalina start thinking that they're safe.

10 hours ago, mlooney said:

Jinks have been spotted at the mall!  Please take action as needed.

You think he's got his taser-bullwhip, or has Red confiscated that and put it in the armory at the PB field?

33 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

You think he's got his taser-bullwhip, or has Red confiscated that and put it in the armory at the PB field?

That's Jinx, and of course he has his taser-bullwhip...

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

That's Jinx, and of course he has his taser-bullwhip...

Can't help but wondering if a 40,000 volt taser bullwhip could tickle Voltaire. I would really like seeing Jinx chasing Voltaire with his whip, zapping him each time he tries to escape. It would be deliciously satisfying if they managed to find a weakness that allowed them to capture an overconfident immortal using a relatively low tech non magical solution.

The question is of whether they could hold him--you'd need something that suppresses his powers (or drives him to constant distraction) in order to prevent him from simply exiting the physical plane to escape.

2 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Can't help but wondering if a 40,000 volt taser bullwhip could tickle Voltaire. I would really like seeing Jinx chasing Voltaire with his whip, zapping him each time he tries to escape. It would be deliciously satisfying if they managed to find a weakness that allowed them to capture an overconfident immortal using a relatively low tech non magical solution.

How long do you think the taser would be able to keep that voltage? You would need to be zapping him almost constantly to keep him from escaping, even if it would work.

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

On another note (B#)

:)

16 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Sort of like that national alert level with the weird colours, divided into Low, Low to Medium, Mid, Mid to High, and Hijinks.

A line used in several different contexts on another forum I frequent: I'll start thinking that maybe it's a crisis when the people who are telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis.

Just now, Don Edwards said:

A line used in several different contexts on another forum I frequent: I'll start thinking that maybe it's a crisis when the people who are telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis.

That sounds depressingly like I am supposed to act like an adult. Could I take a rain check, please? :danshiftyeyes:

On den 21 november 2016 at 9:09 AM, The Old Hack said:

On a sidenote, your avatar just made me realise that Doc and Roger have yet to invent a shrinking ray.

About jinks level: maybe EGS needs a jinks warning level. Sort of like that national alert level with the weird colours, divided into Low, Low to Medium, Mid, Mid to High, and Hijinks.

Oh, something like this?

Originally they had a much more limited system, though I've been unable to find it now, but this improved version has a lot of practical color codes such as GoldenrodMaroonNavySaffron and Indigo.

I would have difficulty visually recognizing that many colors--for example, distinguishing Goldenrod color from Saffron. I know they're both orangish-yellowish hues, but I don't know where the dividing line between them lies.

On November 21, 2016 at 1:10 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

On another note (B#) 

19 hours ago, HarJIT said:

I, for one, C what you did there.

*takes mlooney's List*

*makes a note*

*gives HarJIT a sharp look*

*underscores a couple of times*

54 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

*takes mlooney's List*

*makes a note*

*gives HarJIT a sharp look*

*underscores a couple of times*

It's not technically mlooney's list, it's my evil twin /me's list.

/me makes an entry to the list about other peoples entries on the list.  Draws a line below some of the names and puts a pentagram near them.