• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday December 5, 2016

So Jerry has a strong belief beyond what Ellen and Nanase know, and despite any uncertainty, he's convinced that letting things continue on their course is the best thing to do.

11 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Ellen would be in a position to know, yes. Kinda sorta. She was the sister no-one had ever heard of before.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain the "worst day of her life" qualifies.

Just now, ijuin said:

It looks like Jerry is trying to intentionally invoke Rule of Magical Drama here with panel 4.

Just now, Entropy said:

I think that same intuition is warning him that saying something NOW could be a bad Idea in the long run.

Actually, the thought just occurred to me, that while there is something he thinks is important about Diane and Susan, he might have just pulled a Pandora as went "If I believe letting this run it's course isn't breaking my vow, then I'm not breaking my vow". Panel 5 looks like Jerry was expecting his old self to shout at him that "I VOWED!", but that didn't happen.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So Jerry has said too much, but he hasn't said enough.

Is he losing his religion?  Or is he just R.E.M. Sleep deprived?

I think Jerry just knows that everybody hurts, sometimes.

But he just wants to see shiny happy people.

54 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So Jerry has said too much, but he hasn't said enough.

Is he losing his religion?

Oh for goodness sake. You'd think you had never gotten over Akhenaten. Yes, he lost his religion but he found himself a new one. He even built an entire city devoted to it. Just because it didn't center on sacred crocodiles doesn't mean it wasn't valid.

Aye

I think Jerry isn't trying to avoid stuff to simply avoid stuff but wasn't entirely convinced he could convince himself that considering he assumed something before but his intuition is backing his assumption now at the very least.

Personally I kinda want Jerry to be right for a number of reasons including the fact that despite his personality quirks he seems to be a truly decent decent immortal.

16 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Ellen would be in a position to know, yes. Kinda sorta. She was the sister no-one had ever heard of before.

Saved me the trouble of posting this...

9 hours ago, AFNB said:

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

WARNING!  Link is not exactly safe for work, it's a) a cartoon and b ) swearing loudly and repeatedly.

The Moderator: CritterKeeper is correct. In the future, please take this into account. If you are not sure whether a link is NSFW, it is better to include a provisional warning.

~tOH.

Just had a thought.  Jerry could appear and tell Susan what he does and doesn't know as long as he includes his strong intuition of some kind of connection between Susan and Diane.  .  It would at least temporarily reduce Susan's angst over her father's cheating until more is known about Diane's birth parents and situation.

15 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Just had a thought.  Jerry could appear and tell Susan what he does and doesn't know as long as he includes his strong intuition of some kind of connection between Susan and Diane.  .  It would at least temporarily reduce Susan's angst over her father's cheating until more is known about Diane's birth parents and situation.

This would be the best course of action, if Jerry has enough composure and skill to stay calm and keep the conversation calm. If he doesn't have enough stuff, and it seems like he would doubt that he has enough, it would be better to let events take their course for now, but keep an eye on things.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, ijuin said:

It looks like Jerry is trying to intentionally invoke Rule of Magical Drama here with panel 4.

13 hours ago, Entropy said:

I think that same intuition is warning him that saying something NOW could be a bad Idea in the long run.

Actually, the thought just occurred to me, that while there is something he thinks is important about Diane and Susan, he might have just pulled a Pandora as went "If I believe letting this run it's course isn't breaking my vow, then I'm not breaking my vow". Panel 5 looks like Jerry was expecting his old self to shout at him that "I VOWED!", but that didn't happen.

I though this is obvious. He overdramatizes his decision to help himself actually believe it.

1 hour ago, Drasvin said:
1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

This would be the best course of action, if Jerry has enough composure and skill to stay calm and keep the conversation calm. If he doesn't have enough stuff, and it seems like he would doubt that he has enough, it would be better to let events take their course for now, but keep an eye on things.

Jerry has big advantage that Susan is not aware he is listening. If he would visibly be there, it would be sort of confirmation, which might be bad. If he would pretend he wasn't aware of that, he can still admit he wasn't that sure later.

I still think he should use his immortal abilities to verify the truth.

58 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I still think he should use his immortal abilities to verify the truth

I get the impression that Jerry does not have any abilities which would allow him greater insight than he has already exhibited.  At least not quickly or without making his presence known.

I'm sure he could magically break into the school, birth, and adoption records that Edward has already seen or eventually could see.  Attempt a dream scape interrogation of Diane's adoptive parents or Mrs Pompoms.  Or collet DNA samples from Susan and Diane without their consent and go down to the paternity lab.

So unless he has a previously unknown  "Analyze Ancestry" spell, no questions are being answered any faster than if Susan made the inquiry herself.

36 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I still think he should use his immortal abilities to verify the truth

I get the impression that Jerry does not have any abilities which would allow him greater insight than he has already exhibited.  At least not quickly or without making his presence known.

I'm sure he could magically break into the school, birth, and adoption records that Edward has already seen or eventually could see.  Attempt a dream scape interrogation of Diane's adoptive parents or Mrs Pompoms.  Or collet DNA samples from Susan and Diane without their consent and go down to the paternity lab.

So unless he has a previously unknown  "Analyze Ancestry" spell, no questions are being answered any faster than if Susan made the inquiry herself.

While technically still breaking and entering, going in some buildings through wall wouldn't make his presence known because invisible and intangible due to different plane. I think this option present opportunities to get answers faster than Susan and Diane.

Dreamscape interrogation might be more risky, yes. And comparing DNA samples is bad idea, that WOULD be risking someone finding him and it also wouldn't really show difference between clones and twins, also it would make more sense for Susan and Diane to do it.