• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
WR...S

Story Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I would have started it but doing a cut and paste on a tablet is a pain and I didn't feel like going to the living room to use the real computer.

On topic

I can't tell if Dan is being a troll or if he is being a magnificent bastard.  Or just the world's best tap dancer.

I was confused by the "and I don't mean separate relationships" since as far as I know most polyamorous relationship involve separate relationships (for the very simple reason that most people are straight). But I very much enjoyed the page and the fact that polyamory was mentioned :D

So what's with the getting nervous and running away at the end of this comic? Are they afraid that Tedd, Sarah, and Grace will wreak righteous vengeance upon them if they expose the trio's clandestine polyamorous relationship? Yeah, that's gotta be it. Confirmed, guys, it's confirmed.

Statistics?

Statistically speaking, any lifeform you encounter on or near Earth will be a bacteria.  Multicellular life forms you may find are outliers and probably irrelevant.

Statistically speaking, there is almost no chance you will be hit by lightning at any point in your life.  But athletic events and other outdoor activities are suspended if thunderstorms are nearby.

Statistically speaking, flying is still the safest way to travel.  But that didn't keep Lois from falling out of the helicopter.

Please don't give us statistics about potential relationship preferences.  Can't we just ask Sarah, Grace, and Tedd how they feel about each other?

Maybe we should let Tedd and Sarah move out from their parent's homes before making a formal statement.  We still don't know how the Brown family would feel about their youngest daughter in a non-traditional relationship.  But I suspect Edward Verres could accept Tedd living with two women full time more easily than Tedd living AS a woman full time.

25 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Statistics?

Statistically speaking, any lifeform you encounter on or near Earth will be a bacteria.  Multicellular life forms you may find are outliers and probably irrelevant.

Statistically speaking, there is almost no chance you will be hit by lightning at any point in your life.  But athletic events and other outdoor activities are suspended if thunderstorms are nearby.

Statistically speaking, flying is still the safest way to travel.  But that didn't keep Lois from falling out of the helicopter.

Please don't give us statistics about potential relationship preferences.  Can't we just ask Sarah, Grace, and Tedd how they feel about each other?

Maybe we should let Tedd and Sarah move out from their parent's homes before making a formal statement.  We still don't know how the Brown family would feel about their youngest daughter in a non-traditional relationship.  But I suspect Edward Verres could accept Tedd living with two women full time more easily than Tedd living AS a woman full time.

I've been both hit by lightning and been in a poly relationship.

I must be really pushing the limits of probability.

7 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it. :penguin:

Is there a problem with penguin?  And who is Ford?

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Is there a problem with penguin?  And who is Ford?

It's a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It was a response to the previous post where you said you were pushing the limits of probability.

Drop everything right now, head to your local library, and read that book, and you'll get the joke. As well as having read a really good book.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Can't we just ask Sarah, Grace, and Tedd how they feel about each other?

Sure, but that might cause problems if it's even slightly in-canon... and out-of-canon, I'd bet they'd be too embarrassed to respond as the OTPers hope, if that's the case.

9 hours ago, WR...S said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2201

Hellooo?  Where is everyone?  If one Q&A could provoke discussion, I'd think it would be this one...

Honestly?  I've been pretty bored with this Q&A.  Yes, the information is interesting and the art is cute....it's just lacking the over-the-top fun that Q&A's normally have.  I've giggled here and there but I find myself looking forward to the story starting back up.

35 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

Sure, but that might cause problems if it's even slightly in-canon... and out-of-canon, I'd bet they'd be too embarrassed to respond as the OTPers hope, if that's the case.

Well, while Sarah and Tedd may not openly tell people how they feel about each other, Sarah has admitted to thinking Tedd is cute which Grace took interest of. Both Tedd and Sarah are also aware that their interactions together might make people think they're a couple. And then there's Grace being clingy to both Tedd and Sarah, I know it's possible Grace would have done the same to Elliot and mayyyyyyybe Susan if either of them were sitting in Sarah's spot (Susan might have objected to being clung more agressively), if we look back at Grace and Sarah's history:

Sarah was the first female of the group that Grace met

Sarah wasn't afraid of Grace the first time Grace transformed in front of her

They've both teased Tedd about doing sexy things together on at least a couple occasions.

I think Grace cares about Sarah a lot and while there may not be anything sexual about the relationship, Grace seems perfectly okay with how close Tedd and Sarah have gotten over the past "year", the 3 of them have cuddled/tickled each other, seen each other naked on several occassions, and even kissed each other. Polyamory doesn't have to be about sex with multple partners, but being physically close to them. We've seen Grace refer to Ellen as a sister, and Nanase might as well be a cousin to her as well. Not sure about Susan but I don't believe Grace thinks of her as anything beyond being a good friend. But as far as Sarah goes, Grace hasn't directly stated how close a friend Sarah is, but the actions I've listed suggest that it's as close if not almost as close as her own relationship with Tedd, its certainly closer than anyone of the others.

I don't think grace seeing people as family counts. I'm prety sure Grace sees ALL of the major castmembers, that shes's not interested in romantically, as family. Probably because of how screwed up her "home life" was before "moving" to moperville leaving her with a desire to fill an emotional void.

11 hours ago, Avistew said:

I was confused by the "and I don't mean separate relationships" since as far as I know most polyamorous relationship involve separate relationships (for the very simple reason that most people are straight). But I very much enjoyed the page and the fact that polyamory was mentioned :D

Many polyamorous people see their whole family, of whatever size, as one relationship.  While you can break it down into elements,  such as (Alice and Bob) (Alice and Charlie) (Bob and Charlie), those are not the whole relationship, any more than hydrogen and oxygen taken separately are all there is to water.

31 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

I don't think grace seeing people as family counts. I'm prety sure Grace sees ALL of the major castmembers, that shes's not interested in romantically, as family. Probably because of how screwed up her "home life" was before "moving" to moperville leaving her with a desire to fill an emotional void.

Completely understandable, but it still seems like Grace considers Sarah as more than that. Though I also said a while back that Grace's current behaviour towards Sarah, the initial clinginess after hearing about the breakup, the stuff during MV5, the interactions with Tedd at the tournament, Grace probably just wanted to make sure Sarah didn't feel alone. Grace likely understands that Sarah may find someone else to be with eventually, but for the time being Sarah's welcome with her and Tedd.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

While we can't prove that, it's very likely this is true for whole universe.

The statistics would look considerably worse if people would commonly spend the time of thunderstorm waving with metal sticks while covered by sweat (which is very conductive). Or even better, flying kites.

Can't we just ask Sarah, Grace, and Tedd how they feel about each other?

Obviously, no. That would be spoiler.

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

I've been both hit by lightning and been in a poly relationship.

I must be really pushing the limits of probability.

Are you sure it's just coincidence? :)

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Polyamory doesn't have to be about sex with multple partners, but being physically close to them.

Similarly to Archie, Grace may take physical closeness very differently than humans. ESPECIALLY with how screwed her "home life" was. On the other hand, where exactly are the boundaries? The story with Archie was extremely short, we are not really sure what was the problem.

7 minutes ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

This took me aaaaages to find, so I thought I'd let you have the link: http://www.egscomics.com/sketchbook.php?id=843

Also relevant would be the "sooo, you think tedds cute?" comic, but I can't remember which story line it was in :/

Yeah that one I think was what really got the OT3 ship going, problem is there's no commentary for it so I don't know if that's a patron request or a milestone sketchbook. If it was a milestone sketchbook then it was Dan's idea to draw it and it could be considered canon (maybe?), if it was a request then of course it's highly unlikely to be canon, then again Dan's willingness to fuel that ship, well, he doesn't seem opposed to the idea of the three of them being close.

As for the "sooo, you think Tedd's cute?" line, it was in the MV5 NP story which was stated to be canon and while Dan never gave a precise timeframe that it occurred in, several moments in the comic could only really exist between Sarah and Elliot's breakup and the card tournament, like Sarah's reaction to Ellen stating she's like a sister to her, as well as Tedd's hairstyle at the end.

21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Similarly to Archie, Grace may take physical closeness very differently than humans. ESPECIALLY with how screwed her "home life" was. On the other hand, where exactly are the boundaries? The story with Archie was extremely short, we are not really sure what was the problem.

Yeah we don't know everything about Archie, but what we did see suggests that Archie was more interested in a non sexual relationship which is why his relationship with second life Ellen failed. Grace may also not be interested in actual sex at the moment or her and Tedd agreed to wait, but she's certainly more romantically active than what was suggested with Archie, her and Tedd kiss frequently, they swap forms with each other, I'm not sure if she would strip search anyone of the other main characters looking for magic marks like she did with Tedd, but I doubt anyone else would care for it.